Goal-kicking Auckland forward, a former rugby union player with the NZ Maori team, gave good service to the Bulldogs for two seasons before signing with the Auckland Warriors.
- Gavin Hill
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- Okato, New Zealand
- 110 kg
- New Zealand
- Current Status:
- Works as a Duffy Books ambassador
- Warriors #:
- Warriors Debut (Date and Match Details):
- 10th March 1995 vs Brisbane Broncos
- Signed From:
- Waikato Cougars
- Second Row
- Wikipedia Page:
Hill made his Test debut with the Kiwis in the one-off match against Papua New Guinea in 1992 but was sensationally ruled out of the First Test of the 1993 Trans Tasman series when he was suspended for two games for an alleged high tackle. He played in the next two Tests before taking part in the Kiwi tour of England and France.
Hill played for Featherstone Rovers in 1993-94 while he waited for the Warriors’ debut season but his 5 Test career was over and his two seasons with the club were relatively unproductive only playing 14 games.
After his stint with the Warriors he went back to Rugby Union in New Zealand as well as England and Ireland.
Would also coach Union later on.
- 1992 - Switches from Rugby Union to Rugby League
- 1992 - Makes NRL debut for Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
- 1992 - New Zealand Kiwi
- 1993 - Played for Featherstone Rovers, England
- 1994 - Played for Waikato Cougars, New Zealand
- 1994 - New Zealand Residents
- 1995 - Played for Auckland Warriors, New Zealand
- 1996 - New Zealand Maoris