Team List 2015 Round 6 - Warriors Vs Tigers

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by tajhay, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Manu Vatuvei’s landmark 200th NRL appearance will be front and centre when the Vodafone Warriors take on Wests Tigers in Saturday’s sixth-round NRL clash at Mount Smart Stadium (7.30pm kick-off; match day sponsor: SKYCITY).

The try-scoring record holder provides one of the most significant individual achievements of the club’s 20th anniversary season by becoming only the third player to appear in 200 games for the Vodafone Warriors, joining Stacey Jones (261) and captain Simon Mannering (217).
    Now in his 12th consecutive NRL campaign – another club record – ‘The Beast’ is also on track for two other major milestones.

With his third try of the season in last night’s loss to Melbourne, he has 138 career tries, just two
    short of joining Nigel Vagana on 140 tries (Vagana scored his in 240 games), the most by a New Zealander in the competition.

And he needs seven more tries this year for the unprecedented achievement of scoring 10 or more tries in 10 consecutive seasons.

After returning from Melbourne, Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden has initially named a largely unchanged line-up to help Vatuvei celebrate his feat.

“Manu’s 200th game is a massive achievement, a really special moment not just for him but for the club and for everyone who supports the Vodafone Warriors and the game of rugby league,” he said.
    “Playing 200 games for one club only doesn’t happen too often and what Manu has done for us and for the game can’t be overstated.

“He stands for all the values we like our players to aspire to. As a player and a person he is one of best and we’d really love people to turn out in big numbers to honour and support him. He certainly deserves it.”

Vatuvei will have long-time Vodafone Warriors team-mates alongside him against the Tigers. Mannering, who started his career a year after Vatuvei in 2005, plays his 218th game this week while props Ben Matulino (157 games) and Jacob Lillyman (129 games for the club) will also be there plus halfback Shaun Johnson, hookers Thomas Leuluai and Nathan Friend and centre Konrad Hurrell.

Of the line-up used in the 14-30 loss to the Storm, the only move sees Albert Vete back on the interchange with Dominique Peyroux listed as 18th man; Peyroux was on the bench last night but wasn’t used.

Matulino, Leuluai, Lillyman, Ryan Hoffman, Bodene Thompson and Mannering have been named as the starting forwards for the fifth consecutive week; they’ve all played every match so far this season as have bench forwards Friend and Sam Lisone. In the backline, the man of the moment Vatuvei has played every game, too, as have fullback Tuimoala Lolohea, centre Solomone Kata, standoff Chad Townsend and Johnson.

In last night’s match, Mannering and Thompson were again the defensive lynchpins, Mannering making 49 tackles with no misses and Thompson 41 while in the ball-carrying stats Matulino made 165 from 18, Lillyman 123 from 14, Jonathan Wright 121 from 11, Kata 118 from 10 and Johnson 104 from 12 while Vatuvei made 107 from just nine runs.

Saturday night’s encounter will be the 24th since Wests Tigers entered the competition in 2000. The Vodafone Warriors hold a 12-11 edge in the 23 games played so far and have won six of the 10 home games they’ve played.

Vodafone Warriors v WESTS TIGERS
    Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
    7.30pm, Saturday, April 11

Vodafone Warriors

1 Tuimoala Lolohea
    2 Jonathan Wright
    3 Konrad Hurrell
    4 Solomone Kata
    5 Manu Vatuvei
    6 Chad Townsend
    7 Shaun Johnson
    8 Jacob Lillyman
    9 Thomas Leuluai
    10 Ben Matulino
    11 Bodene Thompson
    12 Ryan Hoffman
    13 Simon Mannering (c)

Interchange:
    14 Nathan Friend
    15 Sebastine Ikahihifo
    16 Sam Lisone
    17 Albert Vete
    18 Dominique Peyroux

HEAD COACH: Andrew McFadden

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015

2. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

A cowardly team naming, IMO.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  3. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

Team lists after Monday games tend to be the same, it's hard to read too much into this.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  4. pompower
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

pompower 1st Grade Fringe

• List
  5. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Are they even home yet?

they have a 4 day turn around... wait til gametime and then see if you feel the same.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

I needed blood after that dismal performance yesterday, and the exclusion of Dominique Peyroux who didnt even take the field just doesnt cut it for me.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 11
    • List
  7. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

can definately see this side changing come gametime, Cappy probably just threw it together cause they needed something by tuesday, laumape will be in there for sure, reckon rapira will have a shot too

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Lol jumping the gun a bit there. Recycling the previous week's team is what every coach does after a Monday game. There just isn't enough time to assess the tape/injuries etc

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List

9. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

Drop Manu

:troll:.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Inappropriate Inappropriate x 1
    • List
  10. Onewarrior
    Join:
    Jul 10, 2013

Onewarrior 1st Grade Fringe

Heard Cappy on radiosport this afternoon, from he was saying there will be changes, but they haven't had a chance to assess since the game, or talk
    to medical staff etc about progress of players.

• List
  11. Perth warrior
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2014

Perth warrior Warriors Bench Player

Cappy must haters fans naming Jono Wright. April fools day was last week.

12. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

I now highly anticipate the team list for the NSW side.
    Ngani, Fish, Fusitua, Allwood ?

13. Juju
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2012

Juju 1st Grade Fringe

HILARIOUS

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. sunburywarrior
    Join:
    May 28, 2012

sunburywarrior Warriors Bench Player

:sperm::brb::banghead::jimlad::yuck::wtf::dummy1::spam: ...random imoticons is what I think of that team

• List
  15. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah no way is this the final team.

Joni Wright will be gone, as SHOULD Kata.

• List
  16. Iafetas Kickstand Wang
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Iafetas Kickstand Wang 1st Grade Fringe

Plus the flight back to NZ. Anyone assuming this is his line up just yet without assessing where his options are at are off their chops.

17. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

We won't know the real team until kick off, but I'm HOPING for a miracle Tomkins comeback. Short of Johnson and Hurrell suddenly snapping into gear, we're fucked.

Wright can't score a try to save himself, Kata can't even fathom the concept of 'put Manu into space' and Lolohea can't seem to find the energy to do ANYTHING. Chad is trying, but he just isn't JT level brilliant, which is the level needed to drag the rest of the team to a win. Not while SJ is trying to completely rediscover his form, anyway.

Given our previous two miserable displays, I predict the Tigers will belt us by 13+ or our cocktease team will smash the Tigers by 13+. It's one or the other. I very much doubt we can concentrate for long enough to make it a grind.

• List
  18. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

Our forwards have been providing a great platform for our backs but I want more aggression..

Taupau has the ability to intimidate so I hope our forwards are up for this and whack their pack around a bit.

19. stacky18
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2013

stacky18 1st Grade Fringe

Lisone will try and he'll lose his shit and get sin binned. I love aggression but our guys have no self control so I hope Cappy is telling him to use controlled aggression.

20. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

So far Lisone has been very good for a rookie but I hope he keeps his head in the game we don't need him to snap and do dumb shit

That's what I'm talking about 'controlled aggression' not Klemmer/James Graham lose the plot aggression.

I have little issue with our pack it's just the backs not finishing off the forwards good work

• List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.