Team List 2015 Round 8 - Warriors vs Titans

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by ToiletDuck, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

2. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

jonothan Wright will never win us a game but with the form he is in he isnt going to lose us a game which im ok with at the moment

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  3. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Good mix of youthful energy and veteran experience.

This team is definitely good enough to run up a score... if they can complete sets

I like this team.

4. Viking
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Viking 1st Grade Fringe

I reckon we'll bring the Titans back down to earth. They've only run up big scores against injury depleted teams in the Panthers and Eels.

5. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

6. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

7. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

Hanging onto the ball will be the main thing. Titans don't exactly do well over in Auckland but they're not going too badly. Konrad getting punished for that dropped ball that led to the Cowboys first of 2 late tries on Sat night. Difficult to argue, given he also made similar errors vs Storm.Happy to see RFM get a go. May as well build for the future.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  8. stacky18
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2013

stacky18 1st Grade Fringe

Massive surprise seeing Konnie dropped. He has dropped a lot of ball and been weak on D, but I really thought he wouldn't be dropped cause of his offensive impact. But I'm not complaining and I'm not crying for him, everyone has a job to do and in 3 games back he is yet to complete his job so its deserved.
    Good work Cappy, its a massive call to drop such a talent but if we win who cares in the 17.
    Rapira's experience will help, his running meters will be similar to Vete's, but his D will be better.
    My only hope for RFM is that he puts his head down and does his job, the experienced heads around him just need to guide him. Best of luck to him.
    We should beat the Titans by a lot if we can hold the ball.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

9. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

Hurrell's handling is a liability at the moment. Good to see him punished for it. With Johnson popping up on both sides I don't think we'll miss his offensive capabilities too much in this match either.

10. Viking
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Viking 1st Grade Fringe

He had a drop 3 weeks in row, didn't he? Can't sack the whole team so coach made an example of the repeat offender.

I like having Vete's size on the bench (Sam x 2 and Jake all around the 105kg mark) but he needs a break. We'll need speed more than size against the Titans anyway.

11. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

Glad to see the coach will still drop named players. Good news to see some of the injured players coming back and RFM to debut

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

Is it just handling errors why Konrad was dropped? Lolohea made a terrible error when he dropped the ball on the weekend, Mannering and Manu made the most errors I believe. Isn't Fusitua a winger? Anyway, Go Warriors

13. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

It'd be suicide to put another player in at FB for just one game prior to Sammy returning. He's playing one of those positions where continuity is paramount for his own performance as well as the team's. Wouldn't expect Tui to be there once Sam comes back.

• List
  14. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

My connection is too slow to keep up with replies but I did delete that post when i saw he was dropped. Fusitua doesn't fill me with hope as his replacement, that is interesting but as mentioned in another post I don't know what training they are doing. I'd like to see their handling improve in this game

15. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah too late to replace him if he is match fit but imho he's not been great even as a fill in fb. Just trying to understand how Konrad gets dropped and no I am not Konrad number one fan.

16. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

His defence and lack of urgency a consideration too.

• List
  17. Hadyn
    Join:
    May 3, 2013

Hadyn 1st Grade Fringe

No Konnie dropped the ball but still ran a game high 213 metres.It is his defensive workrate/execution that is weak.
    Linnett 12 tackles 1 missed,Kata 15 tackles 1 miss.Big Konnie 9 tackles 4 missed.That is the problem.
    Cappy said Konnie knows what he needs to work on and has been told,may I suggest something like "we are putting you down to NSW Cup and all you have to do is hold the ball, smash anybody who comes your way and don't let any body past and the rest will take care of itself......do that for two weeks and you'll be back in the side for the game after test weekend."
    Hopefully Konnie has said "message received and understood".

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  18. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

Hurrel dropped until he cuts his hair? Hope so

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

and 'get up off the ground and get back in the line after tackling someone - preferably before they play the ball'

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  20. Slash Razor
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Slash Razor 1st Grade Fringe

critical lapses in defense, crucial errors at crucial times, and just looking plain dead tired last few weeks has angered Cappy lol, good call I say... that error by Lolohea is forgivable, was a hard catch to take with the cross bar, chasers and all, otherwise hes still doing ok back there... can see Fus and Wrong changing throughout the game, still bit worried though but least its the Titans...

• List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.