State of Origin 2016 State of Origin Game 3

Discussion in 'International/Representative League' started by Wellington Warrior, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

2016 State of Origin Game 3
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Oh well...looks like a few more weeks dressed up in Qld colours...

James Tedesco will finally make his NSW debut after being named in coach Laurie Daley's side. While Dylan Walker and Greg Bird have been axed.

NSW Team Origin III
    James Tedesco (Wests Tigers), Blake Ferguson (Roosters), Michael Jennings (Eels), Josh Dugan (Dragons), Josh Mansour (Panthers), James Maloney (Sharks), Adam Reynolds (Rabbitohs), Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers), Paul Gallen (Sharks), Wade Graham (Sharks), Josh Jackson (Bulldogs), Tyson Frizell (Dragons). Interchange: Jack Bird (Sharks), David Klemmer (Bulldogs), Andrew Fifita (Sharks), James Tamou (Cowboys). Coach: Laurie Daley

Development Players: Tom Trobjevic (Sea Eagles) Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016

2. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

isnt it sad that NSW supporters have given up where as the NSW coach is still in fantasy land and keeping Gallan and Farah in the team. Not that i expected him to drop Gallen on the eve of his last ever SOO. Not sure why he would want to reward such mediocrity over so many years. But good on him for trying to give QLD another win.

3. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

strong team. Blues by 14

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

But who is going to drop the ball then do bird face towards the ref hoping for a penalty?

Birdface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

The Blues team is actually not that bad. Keep in mind that both games have been fairly close. Very happy to see Tedesco and Dugan in. Feel like the team is still short of a dynamic baackrower and would have been good to see Cartwright on the bench. Blues dynasty to start with this game.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. koolkat
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

koolkat Get rid of the rot Contributor

Ball hog gall retained his place.funicane anyone Cartwright too.ferguson.whats he done.give peachy a go.nothing to lose because we all ready have.time for youth

7. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Couldn't agree more.
    That spark has gone. Even here in Qld it's all gotten a bit tired, still passionate but not with the same vigour.
    Though no Qlder ever wants NSW to win, until NSW become truly competitive again and start winning more often, it's going to be more false hype than anything else.
    It'll never be scrapped though, and it shouldn't, it's history runs too deep.

NSW, get rid of Laurie and overhaul your team. It's not working.
    Time for the next gen to have a crack.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  8. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

i have often felt that in representative games there is to much looking backwards when picking the team. NZ has recently stopped this and the results have improved. But Australia is still doing exactly this. What worked last year doesnt always work this year, and by ignoring current form NSW and as well Australia are digging themselves a hole that they will never see the end of. Farah is the best example of this. Look at his results this year and based on that how did he get into the NSW side?

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

As long as the ARL are making money from the TV ratings it will survive. It is a bit like the Boxing Day test in Melbourne, it has no opposition. If they move it to the weekends things might change, and the clubs might force them to.

10. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Funny, but I seem to hear similar statements each year for over a decade - or is one series win counted as a dynasty? ;)

11. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

Bookies are being wimps.

12. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

I think they've got it right. Could go either way. Gallen's last game in NSW with the cockroaches playing for pride. Toads will be going for the sweep and wanna send Cozza out on a high. Gonna be a great game...

13. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

Its always a gamble on a dead rubber as one team has already wont he whole thing and the other team doesn't want to be white washed. Adding into the game being the last for a few players hopefully tonight should be the game of the decade.

14. 6 Again
    Join:
    Sep 29, 2015

6 Again 1st Grade Fringe

Wake me up when it's over so we can get on with the regular season.

Nothing sounds worse than Queenslanders crowing and wanking on all week in their typical Australian drawl ... lol

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

State of Origin really kills the NRL at this time of the year. I'm pissed that such a crap non contest of a series (for the last decade anyway) stalls the great league, and gives teams excuses to why they are losing.

Really shits me as a massive league fan. Plus they play the game so bloody late I don't even try to watch it live.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  16. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

Funny when u say gives teams excuases for losing, u didnt mention that its been responsible for giving the warriors at least a third of their yearly wins. At least.

17. 6 Again
    Join:
    Sep 29, 2015

6 Again 1st Grade Fringe

Yep, Fox Sports had James Graham on the Back Page Live last night and asked him if he'd ever want to wear the Blue or play Origin ... he said he's from England so why would he and that he couldn't care less who won.

I figure there's plenty who play in the Nrl or are fans of it who fit into that category.

• List
  18. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Doesn't change what I said. Only the Broncos can argue your point against the Warriors, for this season anyway.

19. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

well, the bet still on for game 3?

blues by lots for me

20. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.