General Discussion 2017 Expectations For The First 6 rounds?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Jan 18, 2017.

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 0

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

2017 Expectations For The First 6 rounds?

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Thread to see what peoples expectations are for the team up to Blueys round.

You can copy and paste the details below and reply if you wish...

ROUND 1 vs Knights, Mt Smart
    ROUND 2 vs Storm, Mt Smart
    ROUND 3 vs Bulldogs, Forsyth Barr
    ROUND 4 vs Dragons, UOW Jubilee Oval
    ROUND 5 vs Titans, Mt Smart
    ROUND 6 vs Eels, Mt Smart

2. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

If we don't win at least four games (Knights, Dragons, Titans and Eels), I have difficulty seeing us making the Top 8. This is one of the easiest starts to the season that I can remember in terms of the teams we're playing.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Its a good early season draw for us - hopefully, we don't have to wait for that rep season surge that the aussies go on about every year.

4. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

My expectations start in pre season with players getting sharp and concentrating on teamwork.

Last tackle passes going to Lisone, and Kata's consistent cross field running and reluctance to pass are two obvious ones. I know the Lisone one was a oncer but was symptomatic of the team's thinking, or lack of.

This squad is capable of matching it with any team anywhere, what is missing is the mental toughness, especially under fatigue. They should be working out their plays now and have the belief to execute them in games.

There will be glitches as the season progresses. I just want to see them address the damaging issues and improve as a team. Individual players will make mistakes and have bad games, fact of life. It is how they and the team deal with that is important.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

if Foran plays and is fit we should win 5/6. Otherwise we might squeak in with 3/6 which will still be a good start for us compared to previous seasons.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  6. The Batman
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2012

The Batman 1st Grade Fringe

6 out of 6

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

is that wins or losses?

8. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Leave new zealand once and have only one real heavyweight to face, if its not at least 4/6 i think that's the end of the top 8 chances.

Matulino alone is not enough of an excuse, if its Matulino and Foran missing and a rusty RTS that's a bit more understandable.

New coach isn't an excuse, its the same squad and super assistant Cappy is around.

I'm nervous. They really need this to go well.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

9. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

I'd expect it to be difficult to get the chocolates against the Storm and Dragons. Other than that, they should be a real chance of winning the rest. Knight, Titans and Eels at Mt Smart are truly winnable. (As it would be reversed playing these games away) - Bulldogs too as many are predicting them to have a tough season.

4/6 would be my expectation.

• List
  10. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

4/6.

Anyone slightly concerned that if KF is okayed by the NRL and is physically okay to play in the Eels game that he might get some "friendly" tackles? So friendly he suddenly starts hobbling...

11. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

I would be happy with 3/3. That would have us in the 8. We need to build momentum, hitting our straps in the latter part of the season. Getting off to a flyer then hitting the wall and not knowing what to do about it would be horrible.

12. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome. Speaking as somebody who looking back believes not beating Eels in last year Auckland Nines Final took alot of confidence out of team going into 2016 NRL season, I really do feel then that alot what we should expect from them in first six weeks will come down to how well they play in this year Auckland Nines. We go into competition and beat Titans in Final only to come out next week and beat them again in trial match in Palmerston North like I'm picking they will, then I have no problem in predicting that they will win all six matches. They don't, NZ Warriors only make it to Semi Finals where they are beaten by somebody like Raiders or Dragons or even Eels again, then I think we will struggle in our first six games. Lose our first two home games both to Knights and Storm, beat Bulldogs on St Patrick's Day in Dunedin, only to go on and lose again to Titans, Dragons and maybe Eels. So confident me is picking them to win all six while depressed, pessimistic me who can't believe he continues to watch this shit is picking them to win only two. Whatever happens all I know is that this year is going to be great fun to watch ... :)

ROUND 1 vs Knights, Mt Smart 48-4 to NZ Warriors
    ROUND 2 vs Storm, Mt Smart 16-12 to NZ Warriors
    ROUND 3 vs Bulldogs, Forsyth Barr 36-22 to NZ Warriors
    ROUND 4 vs Dragons, UOW Jubilee Oval 18-0 to NZ Warriors
    ROUND 5 vs Titans, Mt Smart 24-20 to NZ Warriors
    ROUND 6 vs Eels, Mt Smart 18-6 to NZ Warriors

Go NZ Warriors !!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  13. Brother Faisal
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Brother Faisal 1st Grade Fringe

3 and 3 is a fair start. We dont gel well at the start of season. the forward pack still hasnt been adressed. Foran is an unknown.

What im looking for is if we can lose by less than 6 and have a points allowed less than 18ppg. that would be a huge improvement.

• List
  14. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

4 from 6 for me.

Only have to leave NZ once in the first 6 weeks, essentially the same team as last year so combos should be less of an issue. New coach, hopefully a new attitude, youngsters a year more experienced.

All i really ask is that we're in every game right until the end. None of this down 24-0 at halftime crap or the usual periods of nobody showing up and throwing the game away.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

Titans will be harder than we expect.
    They built a hard grinding pack with a few fringe players who took there chance in 2016.
    With there new additions , there pack could be a handful for anyone.

That's the game I am worried about.
    Think we will come out on top in the rest.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  16. kurgal
    Join:
    Aug 18, 2013

kurgal Warriors Bench Player

I expect nothing

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  17. Npwarrior
    Join:
    Dec 10, 2015

Npwarrior U20's Player

Definitely should have 3 at least, easy draw, if not will be same old but depending on other teams results with confidence etc prob have none could have 6. To be a quality team def should have 4

18. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

X2 for me as well. I said 4 out of 6, but think we could even go as far as 5/6 taking the Storm game as well. Still think this season will be our best ever in many years.

• List
  19. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

There is no zero from six option so I didn't vote.

I think under a new coach, and with the Warriors well-known round one to six vulnerability that they will struggle....because they are slow dogs to learn new tricks.

I could well see the Warriors blasted off the park for rounds one and two (coz their cultural mindset and lack of NRL winning experience makes them slow starters).

The new coach is a slow starter too...his Kiwi sides are a testament to that.

Rounds three to six we will be more competitive, but that will bee too late due to our opponents being hardened by three rounds of footy also.

We will see some valiant golden point closeness early on, but likely without Foran, so our boys will fk it up.

Forans inclusion will see the Warriors win most of their games from probably round six....that will be enough to see them blow teams off the park in a finals scenario.

20. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

I have no expectations really, I've selected 3 for 6..but can see us losing all 6 or winning all 6....

I'm still not convinced having Cappy as a number 2 is ideal and without KF, we are basically the same team a last year.

So unless something amazing happens, it will be the same.

Storm, Dragons, Bulldogs and the Titans will all be hard games, regardless of being home or away.

• List