Announcement 2017 Knockout Tipping, Regular Tipping and Bookie Competitions

Discussion in 'Announcements, Support and Feedback' started by oman, Feb 23, 2017.

1. oman
    Join:
    Aug 17, 2012

oman Bookie / Tipping Admin

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to 2017! I am pleased to announce the launch of the three competitions for the 2017 NRL Season:
    • Knockout Tipping
    • Regular Tipping
    • Bookie
    COMPETITION STATUS: KNOCKOUT TIPPING AND REGULAR TIPPING OPEN. BOOKIE EVENTS WILL BE LIVE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!

While most of you would remember how all these competitions work from last season, there will of course be new members. All members are most welcome to participate. These competitions are FREE for ALL REGISTERED MEMBERS and there will be prizes up for grabs!

HOW TO JOIN?:

I'd like to point everyone in the direction of three guides on how to participate in each of the competitions:

The rules are very similar to last year! :)

Knockout Tipping:
    • Each week pick 1 team that you think will win. Pick the correct team, go through to the next round without a strike. If you pick an incorrect team, you get a strike.
    • Each player must be entered by the start of the first season's game. This deadline is is: March 2, 2017 - 8:05pm UTC +10:00 Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart. Please note that for all competitions, the times will adjust for you personally based on what time zone you have set in your Preferences.
    • NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN AFTER THAT TIME. ENSURE YOU JOIN THE POOL AND MAKE YOUR PICK BEFORE THEN.
    • Triple elimination - this means three incorrect picks (which produce strikes) mean you are eliminated.
    • A draw counts as a WIN.

Tipping:
    • Make your pick for each team you think will win.
    • Enter whenever you like. Best to start at the beginning of the season, to ensure you maximise your chances to win!
    • 1 point for a CORRECT HOME PICK.
    • 1 points for a CORRECT AWAY PICK.
    • 5 points for a DRAW PICK.
    • Please note that these point values may change throughout the season, but we will inform you of adjustments in this thread if they are made.

Bookie:
    • Events will be posted closer to the games beginning.
    • Each user starts with $3000 Bookie Cash. All cash has been reset back to this amount for the start of the season.
    • Cash bonuses may be awarded later in the season.
    • Make bets on each of the outcomes, and hope that you bet on the correct outcomes.
    • If you pick a correct outcome, your return is whatever you originally placed on that outcome + whatever the odds payout.

Let me know if you have any questions in relation to these competitions! I look forward to a great season! :D

JOIN, PARTICIPATE, HAVE FUN! The more people who are in it, the more fun and enjoyable it will be. If you have any friends who are interested, encourage them to join up.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List

2. oman
    Join:
    Aug 17, 2012

Regular Tipping Join Instructions:

Visit this link: Manage Your Pools

Click on "Join Pool" on the 2017 Pool

Knockout Tipping Join Instructions:

Visit this link: Manage Your Pools

Click on "Join Pool" on the 2017 Pool

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. oman
    Join:
    Aug 17, 2012

We are aware some users are experiencing difficulties making picks. Thanks for your patience as we look to resolve this.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

You can now make your tips in tipping and KO Tipping.

If errors are encountered, please copy and paste the error message in a private conversation to myself.

• List
  5. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

You guys do some really awesome stuff around here, thanks for the time you spend doing it :)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

PRIZES

Bookie

Person with the highest amount of cash at the end of the season ( when the Grand Final game has been settled) will receive a (*possibly signed) NRL Jersey of their choice.

Tipping Competition
    Winner of the tipping comp will receive a (*possibly signed) NRL Jersey of their choice.
    Runner up of the tipping comp will receive a T shirt, Singlet or Shorts (that is available at the Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.) in a size of their choice.

Knockout Tipping Competition
    Winner of the tipping comp will receive a (*possibly signed) NRL Jersey of their choice.
    Runner up of the tipping comp will receive a T shirt, Singlet or Shorts (that is available at the Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.) in a size of their choice.

Rules to be eligible for the prizes:
    - You need to have posted atleast 20 times throughout the season.

* The variation of the jersey must be available in stock in the size, else another choice would need to be made. We will endeavour to get it signed by the team if requested. Alternatively, you will be provided an option to wait and see next years jersey range and make your selection which we would then try to get signed for you at the signing sessions.

-------
    Contributor Memberships
    Members who contribute to the site by purchasing Contributor Memberships assist us in funding the prizes and competitions we run throughout the season. They also fund the growing hardware infrastructure, software licensing fees, and external custom development required to provide the experience you have whilst on this site.

As a thank you all existing contributor members who register into the Tipping Competition, will go into a draw to win a signed Warriors Jersey from 2015(Believe its a Home jersey - ill confirm later). Any new yearly contributors will also go into the draw. The draw will take place at the conclusion of round 1.

As always, if theres any queries, issues or need assistance in the comps contact omanoman or myself.

• List
  7. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Congratulations to Ever HopefulEver Hopeful whose name came up in a random draw done earlier today. Will be in contact with you shortly about how to get you your 2015 signed jersey.

• List
  8. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Thanks very much

I'm only too happy to be a contributing member here. It is a fantastically run site that in my biased view walks all over the offerings of other clubs.

Cheers for all those that put so much work into maintaining that standard.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List

9. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

one question in regards to betting on the site.
    I wanted to create a bet but couldnt work out how to do it.
    So maybe if i hand it off to you guys?

SO the bet i wish to make is - How many rounds before Jonno gets booted from the site, again? I think im going with Round 4 or maybe 5, yea lets say 5.

• List
  10. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

You can create bets here mate :
    http://www.nzwarriors.com/betting-exchange/

You can challenge another user to accept the bet or leave it open for all comers. The bet has to be fairly even in odds, and should be able to determine a definite winner, and therefore be termed like something like: 'i bet that Jonno will be booted off the site BEFORE round 5. Accept if you think he will be booted AFTER round 5'.

I have created an example bet now
    http://www.nzwarriors.com/betting-exchange/foran-will-not-be-in-the-warriors-team-for-round-3.1/
    This is how i set it up to give people an idea:

Note the closing date is before the round 3 team is due to be named.

• List
  11. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

Awesome answer Tajhay.

12. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

so question, as i create the bet and choose the amount of 100 dollars. If lots of people take the bet, in an open bet situation do i have to pay each one of them that amount if i lose? or is it shared between them?

13. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Only one person can accept the bet mate. First one in.

Winner takes all.

• List
  14. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

also what happens if i run out of money? I was thinking of creating a bet on how many times facefacts mentions Manus gumby hands or variants of it, but having it last all season. But by the end of the season i may be broke, so what happens then?

15. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

These bets between m
    1. Your wager amount is automatically removed from your bookie account (to pay for the bet - and stored as like an escrow to pay for it should you lose). You also cannot offer to create a bet for more money than you currently have.
    2. Your bet amount is required when you create the bet, so you can't bet for example something like "I bet $100 for each time user X says y in the next month". A better terming of the bet would be "I bet that user X will say y more than z amount in the next month"
    3. Person creating the bet and challenger will usually have to select who won the bet. If they agree, it's automatically settled. If not, it comes to us to resolve....And I'd rather not have to count how many times a user said x.....lol. Anything tangible and readily accessible we don't mind.

16. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

might leave that one out then.
    Thanks for the full and detailed answers, shows how much thought you have put into this stuff. I just hope more people try and have some fun with it as the potential is there

• List
  17. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

I put the full house on Souths to beat the Tigers..... :banghead:

Any tips for my $100 this week? :(

18. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Dont back Souths...

19. oman
    Join:
    Aug 17, 2012

Thanks tajhaytajhay for your assistance in answering those questions above. :)

20. STEEDEN
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

STEEDEN .

I picked up my gym shorts today, prizes from last years Tipping comp and KO Tipping comp.

Thanks to omanoman ,tajhaytajhay and everyone at nzwarriors.com for the prizes and for running awesome tipping and bookie competitions.

Good luck to everyone competing this year.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • List