Injury List 2017 Warriors Injury Watch

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Would hate for this to turn out like a former skipper that was stripped of the captaincy and never seen in a warriors team again...

2. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

Love it when players publicly bitch slap hack journalists.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  3. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Breaking my ass.... someone got called out for telling porkies!!

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Lol. That's hilarious.

Got called out, make up a new post calling it "breaking news"

5. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

LOL that Hoffman/Mole injured yes he is no he isn't sounds like how they report recruitment rumours. He is going to the Tigers, a few weeks later your club will be happy to see him suit up as a Panther next year, a few weeks later the Eels have a great signing. A month later see I was right.:rolleyes:

Sure if he gets injured we could see some of our young guns get a run but it is a long season to depend on a rookie. I'd prefer to have the experienced guy available and have him lose his spot due to form either his being down or the young guy tearing the house down in the lower grades.

• List
  6. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

NRL: Warriors prop Ben Matulino battling infection following knee surgery
    9:09 AM Wednesday Feb 22, 2017
    • Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Warriors front-rower Ben Matulino's playing return may be delayed as he fights to overcome an infection following knee surgery early in the new year.
    Matulino injured his left knee at training in January and was forced to undergo surgery before complications arose that could keep him sidelined longer than initially expected.

The 28-year-old's rehabilitation has been hindered over the last month by an infection and he has had to take antibiotics through a drip which he was wearing at the club's season launch breakfast in Auckland today.

Matulino was facing up to six weeks on the sidelines but the Kiwis international remains unsure when he will be fit to play.

"I got an infection after my knee surgery," said Matulino.

"With every surgery, any time you open a wound there's a chance of infection.

It happened to me so for the past month I've been on antibiotics.

"Before I got the surgery done they were saying round six so I don't know if it's pushed it back a bit.

"It all depends on how my knee goes at the time."

The two-time winner of the Warriors' Player of the Year award (2015 and 2012) has endured a frustrating time as his ability to train has been hindered.

As well as completing his rehabilitation on his knee he has to meet with a nurse each day to have his antibiotics replaced.

"I can't do any upper body work so the last month I've just done my rehab on my knee," he said.

"So I'll come into the club and work with the physios and do all my rehab in the morning.

"I've got to get my antibiotics changed every afternoon so I have to go back home before midday and the nurse comes and changes the bottle."

With Matulino out of action there's a front-row spot up for grabs with Charlie Gubb, Sam Lisone, Albert Vete, and James Gavet just some of the contenders to fill in alongside veteran Jacob Lillyman.

"Jake had a disrupted preseason through injury but it's good to see Sammy, Albert and Charlie, they've had massive preseasons.

"We've been down a bit on props through the preseason through injuries and they've had to do the hard yards."

- Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Read more by Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  7. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Can anyone confirm whether or not Bluey has moved into the medical field?

8. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

Bad news for Mutts. He needs to have a big year otherwise I'd imagine the club will be done with him this offseason.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

9. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Unusual injury- any idea how long you will be out for?

10. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

i gotta start reading posts rather than seeing what i expect to see, i had to read this like 5 times to get the joke. Before that i couldnt even make sense of it.

I kept reading it as "unusual injury any idea how long he will be out for". I had to go up reread old post and man i am slow this morning

11. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Just posted an update on Manu and Brodene in the Warriors vs. Knights thread.

Long story short:
    Manu still in doubt after hurting his knee during wrestling practice a few weeks back and Thompson also unlikely with an ankle injury.
    David Skipwith, NZ Herald, thinks KenM in line to replace Manu and either Bunty or even Papalii to take Thompson's place.
    Hoffman should be alright for Round 1.

• List
  12. Gen. Melchett
    Join:
    May 6, 2014

Gen. Melchett NSW Cup Player

Love to see Bunty get a go, really liked the way he bent the line in the last trial, showed alot of go forward and aggression, Papalii has talent but also many years ahead of him.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  13. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Warriors sweating on fitness of trio
    Monday, 06 March 2017
    Warriors vice-captain Simon Mannering exits the field with club doctor John 'Doc' Mayhew after suffering a neck injury in Sunday's NRL season opener against Newcastle. Photo / Photosport.
    By David Skipwith

The Warriors are sweating on the fitness of forward trio Simon Mannering, Issac Luke and Charlie Gubb ahead of Friday's round two NRL clash against Melbourne Storm at Mt Smart Stadium.

Mannering and Luke suffered neck and rib injuries respectively before departing early in the second half of Sunday's 26-22 season opening home victory over the Newcastle Knights.

Luke clutched at his ribs after sending a pass in the leadup to centre David Fusitua's third try right on halftime. He showed further discomfort after nailing the subsequent conversion but returned after the break, lasting just three minutes before being replaced.

Mannering then headed to the sidelines five minutes later, after being slow to get up following a tackle on Knights fullback Dylan Phythian.

Gubb was concussed late in the match and will need to go through the relevant protocols this week before being cleared to play.

Warriors back-rower Ryan Hoffman said both Mannering and Luke had pulled up well today and it's expected they will be named in coach Stephen Kearney's initial 21-man squad tomorrow.

Warriors hooker Issac Luke watches from the bench after suffering a rib injury. Photo / Photosport.

"I saw both of them this morning and they were certainly moving a lot freer," Hoffman told Radio Sport's D'Arcy Waldegrave.

"We're certainly very hopeful that they're going to be all right for Friday but it's only round two as well, so we don't want to risk any long-term damage for them.

"But if they're a chance of playing you'll definitely see them out there on Friday."

Melbourne have their own injury concerns with front rower and Kiwis test captain Jesse Bromwich expected to miss two to three weeks after suffering a badly dislocated thumb 10 minutes into Friday night's 12-6 win over the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Bromwich told Storm trainers he could feel the bone pierce his skin and it was initially feared he could be sidelined for up to six to eight weeks. A follow-up examination on Saturday revealed no further damage, but concerns remain that potential infection of the wound could delay his comeback.

The 27-year-old was due to be assessed again today but his omission is a blow to last year's grand finalists, who have already lost fellow Kiwis international and 2018 Warriors signing Tohu Harris for eight weeks to a stress fracture in his left foot.

Storm centre Cheyse Blair will make the trip across the Tasman after taking an early guilty plea to a dangerous tackle charge after he was penalised for lifting Bulldogs playmaker Josh Reynolds.

Coach Craig Bellamy is expected to keep Cameron Munster at fullback and youngster Ryley Jacks at five-eighth with Billy Slater not likely to return for at least another week.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  14. warriors4sure
    Join:
    Feb 16, 2013

warriors4sure 1st Grade Fringe

Hey Mt Wellington...any news on Ben Matulino? Hope that infection has gone...

15. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

Having had recent experience with infection post op, I think they will be very cautious. Anti biotics are not as effective as they used to be.

I would not wish reinfection on my worst enemy. Worst case scenario is not just career ending, it could be amputation.

• List
  16. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

The latest injury list from NRL.com

Warriors: Ben Matulino (knee, Round 5), Kieran Foran (shoulder, Round 4-5)

• List
  17. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

18. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Cursed.
    Fckn ethical club, not sending their punch drunk star players back out there ASAP.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  19. RiceOwl
    Join:
    Mar 28, 2015

RiceOwl Warriors Bench Player

Nooooooo!! Incredibly disappointing.

This is already feeling like a pivotal game, and to lose RTS is a huge blow. But as we have learnt more and more, it pays to be very careful with concussions - Get well soon Rog!

• List
  20. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Tough on RTS. Hope he gets all his ducks in a row before long.