Recruitment 2017 Warriors Recruitment Strategy and Targets

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Jan 4, 2017.

1. TheCool
    Join:
    Jul 18, 2013

TheCool 1st Grade Fringe

They've had scouts all over the country for years now. I know a couple of them and personally think I could do a better job than them, I honestly do wonder how much time they spend finding and assessing the potential of the kids they sign. We know that the country is full with so much talent outside of Auckland. Thats a fact. Yet all they do is bring back duds. Fabien Paletua-Kiri was a bust. Losi Filipo was a bust (and a criminal). I could go on and on. The only coup they've had is Ngani Laumape. The first thing to do this offseason is fire every scout they have. This U20 team is an absolute joke.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

2. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

What I would love to see us do (and I realise cost may be the biggest factor in not doing this) is to set up an agreement with a QLD Cup side and have a "Warriors house" in QLD like they do in Auckland for out of towners so we can send some of our best to not only play in a higher grade but also get them out of home and out of their comfort zone.

From there we should be looking to sign young QLD prospects who can be signed by the Warriors and still play from home rather than ripping them from their families at a young age.

Their signing would include regular visits to NZ for sometimes a couple of weeks at a time to train and gain experience with the larger squad with the idea being that regular visits and integrating them into the environment might be a good way to get them used to the idea of moving to NZ permanently.

Like I said, costs would probably prohibit it, but IMO we really don't utilise the QLD systems enough, especially when some of our better teams utilised talent that was cut from those systems.

• List
  3. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

13. Mannering
    12. Harris
    11. Tapine
    10. Graham
    9. Luke
    8. Gavet

That will do me!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

No will smith?

5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Has he gone? I thought he has just changed his sock;). I enjoyed his passion for the game. He bleeds for the club.

6. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

A few forum lightweights got stuck into Budge over his criticism of the Foran signing... he clearly decided it was pointless trying to explain logic to them.

• List
  7. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

I think the real problem was when everyone knew who he was. They started attacking his profession more than his opinion.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List
  8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I think at least a couple regretted getting so strong with him. He did add to the forum. One thing I have noticed is that some can dish it out but cannot take it back. Heaven knows how they got on playing the game...or did they;)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Personally I think they were just lightweights. People who use personal attacks when they cannot hold an argument. I didn't always agree with Dale, but I always respected his views because they were honestly held and he is closer to the action than most around here.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  10. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Tell us about your playing days Bruce. Must've been different playing with unlimited tackles?:D

11. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Has Harris said he could reneg?

12. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Post of the year!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

And a few others got into him about shit stirring, arrogance and being unnecessarily argumentative - so maybe it was a mix of things...

Either way, if it's taken til now to notice an absence, it probably wasn't offering much.

• List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

When I played it was 4 tackles, then a scrum unless the ball was kicked. The ball got fed to the attacking side, but the defending side got the loose head. Lots of scrums, and they were brutal because that was the only way you could get the ball. Eye gouging, kicking, punching, biting, it was really tough. That was when hookers and props were really tough, none of this pansy shite that goes for scrums today.

I played unlimited tackles as a kid. That was even tougher in the senior grades. Forwards carrying the ball got the snot belted out of them, high tackles were ignored unless the guy was decapitated. The stories out of the coalmine towns in England were scary as.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  15. Dave Brough
    Join:
    Jan 24, 2014

Dave Brough Warriors Bench Player

Early 1950s I seem to remember we had unlimited tackles and the 3 yard rule.
    To make matters worse the grounds were diabolical. Remember the matches being cancelled 6 weeks in a row as a schoolboy

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  16. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

I think some just collected Warriors Jerseys.

17. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Yeah Dale and I had some disagreements, he was a fan of Robson whereas I hated the signing, I thought it was a terrible decision to get rid of Hurrell however he thought it had to happen. Probably even in hindsight. However we both agreed that chasing Foran was a bad idea.

• List
  18. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

He is ok. Very passionate about things especially at some times of the month.:D

19. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Passion?! He's just another opinionated ass who never played, and to top it off the douche bleeds green as in the Raiders. He is at most a paid critic of the warriors..

• List
  20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I don't hold it against fans who haven't played the game. I always thought he expressed his views honestly, cannot ask for more than that.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List