Recruitment 2017 Warriors Recruitment Strategy and Targets

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by NZWarriors.com, Jan 4, 2017.

1. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Your're getting boring, go and read the articles find out for yourself..

2. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

You've reminded me of a funny story my Dad told me. He was a decent schools union player, representing the county . His best mate played League for the local club and got my Dad to training. First game was the RL junior county final so no pressure and early on my Dad tried to tackle a really skinny winger which he thought would be easy. The winger hit him really hard with a hand off to the face, knocked my Dad flat and because he got a finger in the eye he was temporarily blinded in one eye. No ambulances or first aid, he was carried off and put in the back of the local fishmongers van and driven off to hospital. The back of the van was full of melted ice and fish remains so my Dad ended up sat in a bed in the local cottage hospital, soaking wet and stinking of fish with a bandage around his eyes.:D:D
    Skinny winger ended up as a GB tourist btw, scored a try in all 3 tests against Australia in 1958 and was transferred twice for a world record fee

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

Just to let you guys know, Play The Ball messaged admin to say he was taking a break. Apparently his wife was upset with the amount of time he was spending here lol...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Fake news, journalists and stories of way back when.

A cunning recruitment and target strategy if ever I saw one.

5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Hey brother, you can dish it out but can you take it? Think twice before you get personal.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  6. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

lol, picking fights with mt.wellingtonmt.wellington now:rolleyes:
    besides if that viking is anything like his wife it sure explains his liking for the raiders..

7. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

What the fuck are you even on about? That's the facts. His wife didn't want him on the computer so much. Nothing to do with being driven away by people attacking his profession or 'just changing his socks'. Calm down old man. They make pills to get it up these days...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  8. Play The Ball
    Join:
    Jun 8, 2015

Play The Ball 1st Grade Fringe

I had this post pointed out to me and have decided to set the record straight. You are a moderator so you of all people should get your facts right. You're wrong plain and simple. I told Tahjay that my wife thought I got obsessed with this forum when I was posting last year. She couldn't care less if I waste my spare time here or reading a book. I stopped posting because it isn't possible for me to debate things on here without some people getting upset that I have an agenda or come across as arrogant or whatever. There's no agenda here at all. Tahjay asked me if my blogs could automatically be posted on here - that was him not me. You'll note I stopped the blog for the same reason. I enjoyed the debate with many posters but it got a bit ridiculous having to defend every view I had because I happen to be a journo. All good - lesson learned for me. Best for everyone that I don't participate on a forum. Bag my views or my work but leave the personal stuff out - especially when it isn't close to being correct. As you were.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 19
    • List

9. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

I can respect that, especially if it affects family life. There is a line in the sand though and I'm glad to have pointed it out to you..

10. ajofbrisbane
    Join:
    May 17, 2012

ajofbrisbane 1st Grade Fringe

So not a rumour but a what if.....& after just watching the Penrith v Cowboys...had the Warriors heiracy given Cleary what he wanted ( being 1 of if not the most successful coach we have had) what a halves combo we could of had of Johnson & Cleary.....

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  11. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

post: 675826, member: 104"]So not a rumour but a what if.....& after just watching the Penrith v Cowboys...had the Warriors heiracy given Cleary what he wanted ( being 1 of if not the most successful coach we have had) what a halves combo we could of had of Johnson & Cleary.....[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I go to that place in my version Cowboys signed Bluey, Broncos got Matt Elliott
    Storm got Cappy an we got Sonny Bill ,:)

12. Destructodisc
    Join:
    Oct 3, 2016

Destructodisc U20's Player

Sometimes I go to that place in my version Cowboys signed Bluey, Broncos got Matt Elliott
    Storm got Cappy an we got Sonny Bill ,:)[/QUOTE]

We would have rented SBW for how long, a year? Bros a mercenary

13. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

We would have rented SBW for how long, a year? Bros a mercenary[/QUOTE]

He's a mercenary that more often than not comes with a title during his brief stint.

• List
  14. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

They also have the talented Jerome Hughes who only gets a call up during origin .
    That kid is a go.

• List
  15. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

It's like the coach/management think that by getting pressure off SJ the team will automatically improve everywhere.

That's what TL was supposed to do, and Foran, and yet same results.

Now we're going to tie up an unnecessary amount of money in another spine player even though that exact tactic has failed previously?

Fuck this club is dumb.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List
  16. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

Guys... Seriously. Use your fekin heads aye.

We have a squad of 30 odd players that we need to fill. We've lost one half, that means we need to buy one half. We've lost however many forwards, that means we need to buy however many forwards.

Just because we're (supposedly) going after a half, it doesn't mean we're not going after forwards. We're going to fill the squad, just relax ffs.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 20
    • List
  17. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah but it's who they intend to fill the squad with that is doing our heads in. Sorry ttkk19 but we can't relax when we haven't got a bloody clue as to whose doing what and we are still trying to decipher the f'n process.

• List
  18. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

When teams lose a half they don't automatically buy a half. Sometimes they promote a half and then redirect the salary cap to where it's needed. There's no rule about anything needing to be like for like.

Then there's the matter of the type of half. It's not that Green is a bad player. but anyone who thinks he's a cheap option is kidding themselves. He's after a last big payday. So yes, signing a 4th spine player on big money is relevant when it directly effects where and how much we can spend elsewhere. If we're signing him to a 3 year deal then it also directly effects how we can utilise the salary cap next year and the year after too.

Everyone here can do minus 1 and plus 1 easily enough (well, I hope so anyway). That's really not the issue.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  19. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

I get that this whole recruitment drive has been drawn out and frustrating af. I've been really frustrated myself. But we just have to let it happen. I'm actually kind of glad to finally hear a few rumours because up until Blair we had barely heard a thing all season. Kearney said in his interview that we should be hearing some news in the next few weeks so hopefully it comes out then.

Judging by the report it sounds like we've only inquired about him and that's about it. A good step in the right direction imo, you want to explore as many options as possible. I personally think Green would be a really worthwhile buy. Even if we are paying 100-200k overs for him.

• List
  20. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.[/url] Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.[/IMG] Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List