General Discussion 2018 Blueys Round Review...

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by jonno, Apr 16, 2018.

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Six games in, 1/4 of the season done and dusted.

How well have we done so far?

What's the next step?

2. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

I gave them a 10.

Everything so far has wildly exceeded expectations.

I'd be disappointed now if we do not make the finals.

3. YeahNah 4020
    Join:
    Aug 6, 2017

YeahNah 4020 1st Grade Fringe

9 from me,
    Solid start mixed with skill, fitness, defence, self belief, luck and the refs crackdowns.

No one saw this coming and I see the loss as a stepping stone....

4. 3rdstriker
    Join:
    Nov 11, 2014

3rdstriker 1st Grade Fringe

A 9 for me too, as fans we need all the positives we can get and winning the most games to start a season is awesome.

5. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito Warriors 1st Grader

Somewhere between 8 and 9, all I want is winz, how they get them don't care so much. 5/6 winz = 0.833*10=8.33 out of 10.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I gave them an 8.

They are playing some good footy, but still have room to move higher.

7. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

9 from me. exceeded my wildest expectations. Last game was a little disappointing but willing to give benefit of doubt that they can pull the train back on track.

8. Stone
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Stone 1st Grade Fringe

Nice thread bro

Gave them an 8 ... exceeded expectations, but I had a wee sneaking suspicion we might given the new player recruits along with Corvo

Let themselves down a bit against the Broncos otherwise I would've given them a 9, I hardly ever give out perfect scores ( 10 / 10 or A+ etc ) for anything, I personally think that's counterproductive ... there's always something more to be learnt & or improved upon

Next step ...

Bring our A game against St George, I'm actually not all that fussed whether we win or lose TBH, I just want to see the team play to the best of their ability against the current competition pace setters, especially in defense, which will indicate their unity, attitude, intent & desire as a group ... we already know we can attack

Maintain a consistently high level of performance for the whole duration of this relatively tough run over the next 4 weeks ... Dragons (H) Storm (A) Tigers (H) Roosters (H)
    If we can get a 50% record over that run then I for one be relatively content, anything more is a bonus, anything less is a concern

Get through that period hopefully with as few injuries as possible, reassess, plan out the next 4 week block, start again

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Exactly what I based my rating on. End of the day its the only thing that counts. 10 out of 10 for effort but effort alone isn't enough.

Have been pleasantly surprised at the sudden transformation in our teams results and more importantly attitude. Actually I'm more than surprised. I'm astounded! While I had an inkling that change was coming I certainly didn't expect it to happen so rapidly.

Despite the Broncos result we still had a sniff at turning it over. The Gelling and Fusitua missed tries could have swung it all on our favour and thats despite everyone from the coach to the players to the fans realising we didn't show up.

First quarter Im happy. Would say a B+ right now. next game could change that perception a lot either way but for now its been a good first quarter and that's what we are discussing right now...

10. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

8/10.

We can play better than we have and the team look as if they're starting to "walk the talk".

Did anyone notice how early the Grand Final tickets were on sale this year? I think the NRL went "Holy crap! It could be any of 15 teams, let's get out there and sell tickets now well those 15 teams' fans still think 2018 is their year. Oh, and get a deal going to help Eels fans turn their homes into B n B's for the Grand Final, yeah?"

11. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Gave them an 8. Would have been a 9 if they had got over the line on the weekend. This start has exceeded any expectations I had also, in particular I thought we'd get thrashed in Perth and against the Chooks in Sydney.

I think we've been outplayed in our last 3 halves of football, and the Cowboys performance possibly wasn't quite as good as what we wanted to believe it was - given how they seem to be completely outplayed by everyone, even at home.

But as Welly has said, we can only discuss where we're at at this point in time, and it's been very good.

12. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Agreed. Only thing off making it a 10/10 was the loss to the Broncos.

If they had fought harder in the mental battle to win as a team then I would have been a bit more forgiving and rated 9.5

Anyhoo like you said nobody saw this coming.

13. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

8/10 for me.

As a whole pretty happy with the turn around in attitude and commitment, new players have all brought something missing to the table and rest of the squad has lifted to match. Still a few flashes of the old Warriors that stop me from getting too excited but haven’t felt this way about the team since 2002, we genuinely look capable of beating anyone.

Souths- first 15 or so I was like “crap here we go again” but we showed a new grit and won comfortably and killed the Perth hoodoo

Titans- Didn’t think we looked quite as slick but always looked in control and never really looked like losing.

Raiders- we were pretty poor really but the positive thing was we stayed in touch and then showed character to come home strong. Been a long time since I was confident of a comeback so it was pivotal to the team to see it could be done.

Roosters- masterclass and best game of the season so far, got the SJ hoodoo of our back and did it away from home to boot.

Cowboys- comfortable win but a few cracks in the process I think started to show with our fitness which looks like it’s starting to be negated. Shut down both JTs magnificently and their big pack didn’t cope.

Broncos- off day, not sure what changed(well apparently it’s not having Polynesian owners) but the effort was lacking and we let a pack steamroll us (opposite of Souths and Cowboys games). However even though we didn’t deserve it i still wondered if we might steal it in the end.

As to what’s next... Dragons game will be telling, win and we are back on track, lose and the wheels might start to wobble. Tough month before Origin I’m expecting probably at least another loss in there somewhere before we have the origin depleted teams and a few of the lesser teams. SHOULD make the 8 but likely the 5-7 range(Hope it’s higher)

14. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno Water boy Contributor

Got a bit bored and now that I am back on the bandwagon wanted to see how this start compared to other seasons.

Will keep this going, quite interested to do some analysis around the origin periods! 0.5 was added for draws.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

15. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

3s a bit of a magic number isn’t it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.