Post Match 2018 Round 1 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 10, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F

6. Z!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

Haha, I couldn't believe those comments (Well actually I could).

I turned to my wife and said "he isn't trying to gee his team up, he's pissed off!"

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

I thought initially that we got the calls too - the South’s no try and the Lisone try was also marginal and given on field call it could easily have been a no try

However having watched the replay there were some calls we got that were harsh - 7-1 penalty count when Souths were doing the same thing, Kata sin binning were tough calls.

Overall Warriors were a far better team

3. Zarjaz
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Zarjaz 1st Grade Fringe

Hadn't seen a start to a season like that in a lonnnnnnnnnng time! So many positives… I was stoked to see so many completions and less handling errors as we've become used to … they threw the ball around and for the better part it stuck! Not just hail mary passes hoping but actual support play! All played well across the park… but dang, a few of Papali'i carries had shades of early Taumalolo about them eh.

4. DavidMcKay1974
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2013

DavidMcKay1974 1st Grade Fringe

Those of you bagging Shaun Johnson about his goal kicking, the commentators were saying earlier in the game, that all 4 goal kickers, Warriors, Souths, Melbourne and Bulldogs were having trouble with the rectangular stadium, and that all 4 couldn't figure out the wind. They ALL missed from sideline conversions, and they ALL converted nearest the posts.

Shaun Johnson will be better at home, so it wasn't just him.

5. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

I thought Kata deserved to be sent to the bin, the ref had just warned Roger after several consecutive penalties for slowing the play the ball down then Kata blatantly has his hands all over the ball in the very next tackle.

I know it’d be going off on here if we were only ahead by a couple of points in a tight one.

6. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Hey so Gavet and Bunty interchanged together. But who replaced Sao at lock? Pulu or Lisone.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  7. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 6/7 away wins, who are these jokers??

Pulu was playing lock. Lisone/Afoa props

8. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Look Shaun we are not bagging you so stop boohooing, people are right to point out that missed kicks will hurt us in close games, thats not bagging you its just a fact.
    Also should point out that when I watched the storm bulldogs game Cam Smith was knocking them over from everywhere, you musta still been under the stands getting your hair right and missed that :) , but dont despair the rest of your game was right up there and a bit more goalkicking practice and you will be right mate,

9. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

Stupid touch screen phones, pushed B and C came up, can't change it?? For me a solid B, as I feel that ( B) was well deserved Really happy with the teams whole attitude Would have given an A if they hadn't let in soft points at the end. Well done boys, keep it up

Forgot to add, I'm really impressed with Green from what I've seen so far. He is talking, giving huge phrases to everyone etc, could just be that missing link SJ has been needing.

10. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Gave them an A because of context, they overcame so many demons.

South's were as good as us with unlimited penalty fed possession.

As soon as the momentum swung the Warriors blew them off the park at the right time ( both sides of half time....no clocking off).

The anomaly that saw a slackening at the end of the game was largely empty tank stuff that you get in every game one....first up test match or competition match confrontations against one of the very biggest packs in the comp

12 men stuff late in games when the opposition play direct then go wide will fk with all teams 1st game.

A Grade.

Wonder what the NRL experience per player is between these two sides....be interesting.

11. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

This is so true after Saturday nights result.
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 26
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

I'll help you brother "That 1 chicken in the hen house but 23 still cage free"

13. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

They showed an interesting thing on the Matty Johns show that I didn’t notice watching the game.
    Apparently after each try the warriors would make a circle, close their eyes and take deep breaths in unison- any insight on this?

14. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

What's with all the bird metaphors chickens and swallows and shit....the bunnies came 1st who are also Eggs.

As Billy T would say.....

I'm not gonna predict....any predict.....take any guesses coz a bird in the hand doesn't mean u get the one in the bush....even if we recruited a bush Maori from Hawkesbay and he goes pretty good for a Fullah with small arms that can't afford a hair cut.

2001 Daniel Anderson turned the club and it took that season of win loss win loss win loss....so on and so forth to make 8th...

At which time we were stacked with options for 2002.....the big Warrior forwards aren't tiring...

2019 is Kearneys post rebuild with his own side year.....2019 you have Corvo 26 rounds and two months training.

I'm getting a season pass....quite happy to believe in those factors building something real.

15. Raw Power
    Join:
    Aug 30, 2016

Raw Power 1st Grade Fringe

Hey Matiunz... Just found this on the net:

Deep breathing has several important benefits. It ensures that you get enough oxygen so your body can function well. By getting more oxygen into your body, you will relax, feel better, and it will give you a greater sense of control. This increased comfort will give you more Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. and enable you to more easily combat negative thoughts (which are often the cause of the overintensity). It will also help you let go of negative emotions such as Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. or frustration, and allow you to regain positive emotions such as excitement. Focusing on your breathing also acts to take your mind off of things that may be interfering causing your overintensity.

I mentioned to my son 'what about poor Shauny he is missing out while he attempts the conversion'

16. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

Fuu deadly synopsis brother, next minute 16 teams closing eyes and breathing deep after every try 8 teams reckon it's all kaka after their first go.

17. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 6/7 away wins, who are these jokers??

It's just a quick form of meditation by the looks of it, get in the group, close your eyes take some deep breathes in unison to refocus your mind/breathe control, then everyone is refocussed and the leaders speak about the teams next task. They did it after the bunnies scored aswell, just a refocusing tool I guess.

18. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

Kata and Maumalo were good, but both did a few low footy IQ plays, such as Ken's running over the sideline first touch, Kata's sin bin, and several defensive reads. But I gotta say, over the board they both played well which is awesome. If they can tidy up some parts of their game like that and consistently, Beale would find it hard to crack the side. A big ask though.

Super impressed with Papa, great to see him looking like an NRL. Easy to forget he's a teenager. Hoping Mannering comes in at lock and he stay out wide. Good fantasy prospect too ;)

19. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Just want to say to everybody directly or indirectly involved with NZ Warriors I'm so sorry that I ever doubted you. Having watched the game a couple of times now I just want to say what a marked improvement in our performance from last year. Alot of people talk about our fitness but for me it was the just sheer fluidity in our attack from our two halves and way our forwards were able to dominate is what really surprised me especially with Simon Mannering out (who in my opinion is still our greatest player). Then our defense and way we able to stop Rabbitohs from scoring it was no wonder by second half they were giving away easy penalties as we really had them rattled as I'm sure from past experience Bunnies just expected that they would be able to work their way through, but not this time. Sure not all players step up ( Kata will always be Kata ) but still there is no denying that this is some next level kind of stuff from NZ Warriors. I just hope they can keep with it. I can't wait not only for next weekend game against Titans, but next few games against Titans, Raiders, Roosters, Cowboys, Broncos, Dragons and Storm, teams who along with Rabbitohs most people online were picking to make top eight. If we can manage to beat most of them and build some sort of momentum from it, then there's no real reason why we can't make top eight ourselves this year or even top four.

Go NZ Warriors ...

:happy:

20. Ref
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Ref 1st Grade Fringe

Kata and Ken have had too much criticism. Their good far outweighed the supposedly bad.Kata ran a great line for his try. Ken bought the ball back intelligently. These guys are far smarter than before.