General Discussion 2018 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise thread

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Akuma_81, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

Akuma_81 1st Grade Fringe

I've just had a sneak preview of the entire 2018 range, excluding the Heritage and any other one-off Jerseys.

I wasn't allowed to take photos so I'll do my best to describe:

Home and Away - Almost exactly the same as 2017, the only change is the CCC logo has now moved to each shoulder. This probably means that we'll be getting a collar sponsor. The collar is the same as 2017, despite CCC releasing a new template (see the Australia World Cup jersey).

Nines - Obviously the Nines are not going ahead, but they said they will still likely sell the jersey. The jersey is predominantly grey, and has the new CCC collar. There is a drawing of a Maori Warrior on the abdomen (much like the one on the 2016 Nines jersey, except full colour) with a sweeping NZ style background with ferns, mountains, and coast line. There is another similar image on the back too. Will be interesting to see if they re-brand this as another training, or possibly another one-off jersey.

Training jersey/training range - As per previous seasons the entire training range and training jersey has the same theme. This time the main colour is a grey/blue colour with a type of circuit/robotic/mechanical design all over it. To be honest I wasn't a big fan and the simplicity of the 2017 range was much better in my opinion.

Other than that there just seemed to be the usual supporter range, which seemed to have a predominantly grey theme. There were many other items with TBC in the catalogue, so possibly a few other special Jerseys (WiL, ANZAC...etc) to be released along with the heritage? There were no pictures of the heritage, although I have been told that it is again in the original colours.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List

2. Chats271
    Join:
    Aug 9, 2017

Chats271 U20's Player

Yea, I wasnt much of a fan of this years kit, so for me personally, next years kits not sounding too much better. The 2015/2016 kits were my pick of the recent designs, mind you all the nines Jerseys have always been pretty rad.

3. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

I didn't like the jersey or the kuru designs on the side. Moving CCC to the shoulders for another sponsor... it's a pass for me

4. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Not having the Nines but still selling the jersey.

LOL at these greedy clowns.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

Was there a blank box where the sponsor should be? Usually what they do if there is one TBC.

Was the circuit board design on the training Jerseys? Colours? Did it look like the U20s training jersey or the background the Warriors have been using all year that looks more like a street map???

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

6. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

There actually wasn't a TBC box under the collar so maybe it will just remain blank. However the sleeve and lower back sponsors were TBC, so maybe new sponsors there?

The circuit/mechanical design was kind of like that, although it wasn't all over the jersey and had red dots and numbers incorporated in the pattern from memory. The main colour was grey (much like the 2011 training jersey) and the design was kind of diagonally on the lower abdomen area and then across the top and on the sleeves. Having said that, when you guys see a picture of it you'll probably say "what was that bloke on with his descriptions!" lol. The same theme is throughout pretty much the whole training range, so if you don't like the design then you're going to have a cheap year!

With the home and away Jerseys largely being the same it's hard to see them selling well, unless we kill it next season!

The Nines jersey was actually quite cartoon/manga like and I can see it being popular so I wouldn't be surprised to still see it released in some form.

From what I've been told the majority of the new season gear will be available early November.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

All 2018 training gear now up in the Warriors Store.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  8. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Anyone know what the seemingly random letters are all about?

Like the colour scheme though

9. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

Subtle change to blue, you know what that means. Auckland Warriors v2.0

10. ajofbrisbane
    Join:
    May 17, 2012

ajofbrisbane 1st Grade Fringe

Can make out the word "Dedicated" at the bottom of the Jersey

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

NZ Warriors "Y2K"

A big hype about nothing.

Yep, that's our team ! :p

12. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

Mate this turned out to be 100% spot on from go to whoa!!

• List
  13. Chats271
    Join:
    Aug 9, 2017

Chats271 U20's Player

I know this isn't about the 2018 kit so forgive me, but for all Brisbane heads I think most of the Canterbury shops have 70% off all 2017 gear.

I told myself I wanst going to spend anymore cash on gear till they started winning again, but I picked up a heritage jersey for $50 so how could I say no!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  14. Akuma_81
    Join:
    Nov 6, 2012

Yep, they're desperately trying to clear it all out to stock the 2018 gear.

Get in now if you want any 2017 gear. The 2018 home and away Jerseys are going to be basically the same as 2017 anyway.

• List
  15. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

The training range does absolutely nothing for me... at least I won’t be spending any money on that next year!!

16. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Is anyone able to translate that jersey? Is it symbolising a bunch of letters struck after online warriors fans smash their keyboards after the game?

17. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

• List
  18. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Explains why nobody ever got ‘above the line’ this season... they were all ‘grounded’ for being naughty!!

19. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Thank Christ for that...the Aussie Jerseys looked like they were wearing yellow bow ties and the Bulldogs collar just looks horrendous!!!

20. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    So I can make out dedicated, team mate, brotherhood and faith. What does NCS mean? Guessing the GPS number is for Mt Smart...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List