General Discussion 2018 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Oct 15, 2017.

1. dean
    Join:
    Mar 13, 2016

dean 1st Grade Fringe

Failed on Rosie.

2. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Was hoping for a GC signing such as Ryan James or Wallace - both decent props. They had a good stand off in Cameron Cullen (Manly, Titans) who would have been a sold signing.

Good to have back up for WHEN SJ gets injured.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. MarkW
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

MarkW 1st Grade Fringe

Prediction: Lawton signs with any other NRL club in 2020 and wins a Premiership :p

4. kenny44
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

kenny44 1st Grade Fringe

Hot.

She's cute too...

5. jonesy101
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2016

jonesy101 1st Grade Fringe

With what I'm reading lately he would be crazy not to stick around. 2020 is when the Warriors are supposed to win their second championship game as part of their decade long dominance of the Super Bowl. Hawaii is a bit of an upgrade from the GC isn't it?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

Not a bad signing.
    Kid has game.
    Like what Hayze and Vuna bring.

7. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

I saw on the FaceBook post announcing his comment about him breaking his leg against us. I thought there was something around his broken leg that created a lot of discussion on here post match. After seeing your post I remembered there were a ton of jokes about hindering his modeling career.

I'm not to familiar with him. It eases the depth in the halves with Hingano leaving.

It would be safe to assume a condition of releasing Hingano was the Warriors being able to sort out a replacement.

Good reward for the two youngsters with their contract extension. Perham there was an article a month ago about being the next prized youngster to decide to go back to union. Good to have him for another few years.

8. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

A good point about the longer contract at the Titans. Hopefully that is due to either more likely to play first grade here or due to them having a new coach who is forming his own squad and not issues with him off the field leading to them being happy to get rid of him.

9. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah I remembered there was something about the break too so I watched some of that game back.
    And yep, there was discussion about it here alright...cause it was brutal!
    That's his foot facing the wrong way.
    He looked very promising in the game though and wasn't afraid to play tough and get amongst it.
    Also, still a young guy on the way up.
    I like the signing.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  10. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent 1st Grade Fringe

Gotta say - I didn’t know much about Karl Lawton, only heard about Kane.

I went googling and found he’s had more impact in 2017 alone than Ata has in his career.

Upgrade if you ask me.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

11. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

I dont really get why we would let Ata go and get this other bloke, Ata seems like he has more upside, what am i missing?

12. Baxendale
    Join:
    Feb 1, 2018

Baxendale U20's Player

Maybe Ata just wanted to go, so we signed Lawton to replace him. Also with the upgrade to Perham the club might see that it's more important to keep him happy, than keeping Ata

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  13. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Maybe this guy isn’t scared of working for his place vs expecting 1?

• Like Like x 16
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 6/7 away wins, who are these jokers??

The Warriors re-signed Ata back in June, they wanted to keep him. He was the one that decided to leave, nothing to do with club except for them signing Green..but thats just footy.

15. Hadyn
    Join:
    May 3, 2013

Hadyn 1st Grade Fringe

Utility/back rower role at Titans often going to dummy half when Peats was getting a rest.Young and tough with a very good turn of foot to help him scoot out of dummy half.Just what we need to keep Isaac nice and focussed and to help keep our forwards on the front foot..........good backup and probably cheap as well.Has had his share of injuries and hopefully his body has matured a bit now but brought up in Aussie system and will be looking to impress and take his opportunity.
    Adds cover and depth,with toughness and a bit of speed,probably didn't cost us much so what's not to like......good signing.

16. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

Kind of strange this deal hadn't been done in preseason, so we could get Lawton fully up to speed before round one... regardless, always good to have depth.

17. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I think he wouldn’t have been signed if Ata was staying. Ideally it would have been better to have him here earlier but it was Ata leaving that would have started the process. If the past under Doyle was anything to go on, the Warriors would have lined Lawton up as a replacement before allowing Ata his release.

18. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

My point is - they would have known about Ata wanting to go for some time, it would have been better if they had simply done this deal earlier.

19. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

The would know about Ata but waited fo get a suitable replacement. Sure Ata knew that so its an amicable parting which may mean more if he wants to resign one day

20. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Can't believe how quickly things are changing at the Warriors.

They've basically bought a new team.

New trainer....new Football manager.

It's quite cool.

Pleased with this signing....the dude can tackle unlike slot fillers from Aussie past ( Harry Sejka , Shaun Lane ) who had bad D = not much use in any position is a Warriors side.

• Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List