General Discussion Adam Blair - boom or bust?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by 1995Warriorsfan, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Yes - hes a bust

30.4%
  2. No - hes a boom and just what we need

16.1%
  3. 50/50

53.6%
  1. Bushman
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2016

Bushman Waterboy

Gees everyone on here's talking like this is hard fact rather than rumours, I'll wait till I see the facts...and then :banghead:

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

The club is in the shite with recruitment for sure.
    Paying this amount to Blair is not going to improve the situation.
    In three years time, wherever they are at, they are going to have an overloaded salary cap.
    So WTF do it? They are better to do nothing and stick with what they have. Play the ISP team if they have to.
    Just like a golfer in the rough, pay the penalty to drop out, don't keep hitting the ball and stay in the rough.
    Whatever doubts I had about Doyle being a fuckwit have now gone, he is a fuckwit.
    If Kearney is involved he is just throwing a dice with the clubs future, so he can piss off as well.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

This makes zero sense. Devoid of any logic at all.

Pay a financial penalty, instead of maybe getting a player??!
    You seem to be making an assumption that we'll back end his contract. If we are miles under the cap, why not front load it?? Incentive to play harder, gets cheaper as he gets older, and also gives him reason to chase ESL 2-3 years down the track

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  4. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

So in summary....

We need props. Blair is a prop (but not really the big metre eater we need). Blair would be 32 when he got here. We are rumoured to be offering $650k per year for 4 years. Blair has said he doesn't want to leave the Broncos. Blairs wife apparently doesn't ant to move to NZ.

Sounds perfect!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'd offer him 450k a season... And I'd sweeten the deal for his lovely wife somehow...

If this works or not is of zero concern to me. It's the deal that wins for us and the Blairs at the same time. Not the best deal ever, but nobody ever got to the good life by being greedy now did they!

6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I was using golf as an example. Sorry if you don't understand. Basically if you hit the ball into unplayable rough you can take a penalty and get to somewhere playable. Some players don't like taking penalties so they risk the shot. If that doesn't work they are in even more trouble.

This seems to be what the Warriors are doing here.

For a start the Broncos think he is worth half of that, and not for four years. They are a successful club. If you want to win formula one you don't buy somebody else's second hand car at twice the price they paid for it

They are assuming they absolutely must have Adam Blair. Nobody is that important, nobody, especially a prop. You have to cut your coat according to your cloth.

The answer is to scout around, like they have done in the past. We had out most successful team full of workmanlike Australians, we must be able to do it again.

If they won't come for Kearney, find out why and deal with it.

In the meantime work with what you have.

• List
  7. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Dont know why you're giving golf analogies. Its not that difficult to figure out why they're splashing on Blair. They need a marquee signing and SK has strong bro love for Blair. Get him at all cost. Its that simple. End if story. If only SK had bro love for Graham or Woods or a Taumalolo. But no... he has it with Blair.

• List
  8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

WTF do they need a marquee signing? Oh I forgot, to sell memberships for next season, how careless of me...I was sort of thinking of the long term future of the club. No worries, they signed a marquee player last season as well but I think the punters are smarter this time around.

• List

9. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Dont know. You'll have to ask SK that. Its his new team remember.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  10. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I have already surrendered on that point, no need to rub it in.;) Mind you he hasn't signed yet, Steve Matai again?

11. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Thats no fun. Come on Bruce. Who can we argue with if you've now changed sides???!!

And its no Steve Matai. I reckon Blairs agent is making a media blow up to drive up the price and to suck the Warriors dry. Matai was only interested in driving up his worth at Manly. He never intended on leaving them for us.

Blair is doing a Luke. Take the $$$$ as an early pension. Cant hate on blair for doing that tbh

• List
  12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I don't know about changing sides, more like being swayed by the weight of evidence.

• List
  13. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

We take Blair if he wants to come cause no one else wants to come. He improves our team defensively, ball playing and he takes captaincy it ain't ideal but fuck the future I want at least 10th spot.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I think we could get 10th spot with or without Blair. That is my point, why pay the money? Beastmode answered that though...marquee signings.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Fair comment, although if the Courier Mail and the NZ Herald are to be believed that type of offer has been made and the Warriors are one of the bidders.

16. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz 1st Grade Fringe

Saw one thing that impressed me with Blair tonight- Broncos up by 20mins 10ish minutes to go and Blair chasing his heart out after a back who made a break eventually slowing him enough for the cover to tackle. If he can bring some of that commitment to our lazy players it will be a good thing

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  17. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Not on current form.
    Lol, it is pretty sad that we are debating if we could make the top 10.

• List
  18. Jordan G
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2012

Jordan G Warriors 1st Grader

Did the same thing last week too. It's just the way he plays. Harris is similar.

Just need 2-3 more to replace the lazy players.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Honestly that is all it takes to create a leaky defence.

20. Destructodisc
    Join:
    Oct 3, 2016

Destructodisc U20's Player

Cant wait for this signing so I can tell my boys that nek year is our year and they can laugh at me again

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List