General Discussion Adam Blair - boom or bust?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by 1995Warriorsfan, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Yes - hes a bust

31.7%
  2. No - hes a boom and just what we need

18.0%
  3. 50/50

50.4%
  1. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Good thing as Warriors fans we don't judge a player exclusively on their last performance lol.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List

2. Magic Stick
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Magic Stick 1st Grade Fringe

Blair is mud...warriors can pull out too in cooling period cant they ?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

93 metres in 41 minutes. Not bad. But that's not what Blair is anyway. He's a enforcer. His missed tackle let a try in but his wrestle and contact in defence was very good especially at the end.

• List
  5. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

Sole, Except hes never gone good. Hes Always trash.

• List
  6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Luke Lewis is 34 right now and Corey Parker 35. Blair will be 32 when he joins the club on a 4 year contract. Lets see how it pans out when we are paying 600k odd for him in his final years. Its also quite an accolade to compare him to them. Very few if anyone would choose the current Blair over Parker or Lewis. Even when blind drunk.

Not everyone is like Manu who put the club at the forefront in making a decision to leave his contract early at the Warriors. IMO it was a bad decision to sign Manu for that long on a big contract just like what we are offering Blair. 2 years, most people wouldnt care. But a 4 year contract. Even the Knights didnt budge from their 3y offer. It smacks of pure desperation for a short term fix that will hurt us (IMO anyway) in year 3 and 4 of his contract when it comes to recruitment.

Good teams are those that know how to use their allotted salary cap space, not just in the current, next year but future planning.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  7. Swanley
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Swanley 1st Grade Fringe

Well at least he is doing what a Warrior hasn't done in a while...play in a final....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  8. Aceh
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2016

Aceh U20's Player

Mate! you could
    He was an enforcer, but not anymore. Bennett must have shoved a rocket up his arse at halftime because his best two runs were off Roosters kick offs in the second half. An enforcer is someone who sets the tone from the start. His hit up's were very soft in that first 20 min and NOT ONCE did he meet Napa or Jared WH with first connection in defence Go back and review all his tackles, almost without question (try saver the exception) he is the second or 3rd man in. That's not an enforcer.........................and F*** spending $600,000 EVERY year for four years as a mentor, what the hell are we thinking!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

9. kos
    Join:
    Mar 16, 2013

kos 1st Grade Fringe

Reported in Brisbanes Courier Mail newspaper this week. Blair. Warriors. 3 year contract 1.6 or 1.8m.
    who knows but 3 years better than 4.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  10. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Could it be the old " I've got my new contract syndrome, and I don't have to try any more"
    Wouldn't be the first time its happened

11. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Budge reckons he's hearing the deal's slightly better for the Warriors than what's been reported, I hope that's the case as I've said I don't mind front loading part of it to grease the chain and it'd free more coin in 3 years when other players are coming off contract and we need a bit more room within the cap.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  12. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Pull out or gradually shribble up over 4 years and Walla, time for a child shower..

13. Citygirl
    Join:
    May 3, 2016

Citygirl 1st Grade Fringe

Say it's s not true

• List
  14. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

3 years for 1.6 mill isn't bad for the Kiwis captain IMO. Front loaded deal, we have money to burn.

That Potter article gives me a lot of confidence in his signing, RTS is an epic trainer, we've got the most hard arse trainer on board, gotten rid of some flat lined senior players, you can clearly see they're trying to create a work ethic culture.

Bit of a moneyball thing going on, these guys might not be the best players in the league but are hardened NRL players, guys who will do a job. Dont get me wrong, I still think we are several signings from completing our squad, but I'm seeing a plan, and it's getting rid of the lazy appearance from the team.

Looking forward to see what our new CEO talks about on radiosport after 1pm today

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  15. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

Where does it say to be an enforcer you must be so for 80 minutes. The Burgi brothers don't float in and out of games. Of course the do. He may have been the second man on occasion but he drove them down with his chest. I am happy with 3 years of someone bar Gavet we don't have.

• List
  16. Aceh
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2016

Aceh U20's Player

As they say Sebastian "whatever makes you happy" but it's big overs for me. I'd rather have signed the 23 year old Bronco's prop The knights picked up! Ese'ese at almost $200,000 a season less than Blair was the far better option. Would have been ideal alongside Gavet!..........who said anything about him been an enforcer for 80 min??.......8 min would have exceeded my expectations

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  17. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Lol "Blair for 4 years is madness!!" *Not signed for 4 years...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Aceh
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2016

Aceh U20's Player

I can't find anything official....is there yet?? Anyway 1 year (let alone 3 or 4) seems like madness to me. Would love to be wrong!

19. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Some tweets from ydays game

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  20. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

don't think Brisbane issues had anything to do Blair, Sam Thaiday was the bigger culprit. Corvo must not have worked for big Sammy still has a massive beer gut.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List