Adam Blair

1. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Something Lillyman and Matulino couldnt provide?

I think he is just all they could get, they could see a mediocre prop rotation and tried to get a name. Gavet/Sao/Lisone/Vete isnt going to worry oppositions. Adding Blair, based on his current stats, is not going to change that.

Kearney said Lisone had a good year and he had previously looked a bit wild, raging and giving away penalties.. thats Blairs game. Blair doesnt have the wild look in his eyes but frustration leads him to give away those silly penalties, you could see it against Melbourne, he lost it halfway through the 2nd half

Blair is a swap for Lillyman, Warriors have a net loss this season because losing Matulino they lose size and experience.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

2. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

You make it sound like they've finished their recruitment for the year, just because they've landed on Blair doesn't mean that's it for the forwards next season.

Incidentally Blair averages 0.7 penc per game as do Mannering & Hoffman, Matulino averages 0.8 it's all relative, yes he does give away some stupid ones though, mostly when he's being overzealous in the tackle.

But he'll be pinged more at the Warriors I hear people say, well we've been one of the least penalised sides over the last two seasons.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  3. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Mate people on here just talk utter crap, they think just because they think or assume something that well it must be a fact and then they argue to the death off these "facts" they have just accepted themselves which are not based on common sense or intelligence as it's something that none of them possess.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  4. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

That is what a forum is.. if someone has facts they can correct others.

The topic of this thread is Boom or Bust?.. that is asking for opinion
    Based on the current situation at the club I stand by my opinion.. they havnt got another prop

What you think might be happening is your opinion, not a fact either

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  5. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Exactly Hopefully whoever gets announced soon,
    Th thing I like about this round of signings To me it
    looks like we have a few more options in our back line
    definitely got some depth there now , an we brought a fair
    bit of experience
    So far our starting forward pack
    Blair
    Luke
    Gavett
    Harris
    Pulu
    Mannering
    Doesn't look to bad
    I think Kearney is trying to get us a meters man But I don't think
    Satae or FisherHarris will be ready till next season , But it looks like
    we are recruiting with a plan , An should see a bit more confrontational
    forward pack , But we still need a big runner My vote is for Ken M he's tough
    an can hit it up good ,

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  6. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

JFH ??

Did I miss something.

• List
  7. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

George also pointed out that a lack of aggression had been a perceived weakness of the Warriors in recent years, a far cry from the intimidating pack of the 2001-2003 era, that featured men such as Kevin Campion, Jerry Seu Seu, Monty Betham and Sione Faumuina.

Happy to see the CEO echo what I see as a real problem with the Warriors in recent years, Blair has it in spades.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • List
  8. kabkram
    Join:
    Oct 21, 2015

kabkram 1st Grade Fringe

Looking at his stats I was surprised by his lack of game time, but then with the Bronco's lineup probably not surprising, will he be expected to average more at the warriors? I'd certainly think so.

• List

9. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Love, Henry ,,, Fisher,Harris ,, oops my bad apparently he's a strong runner so they
    realize we need one ,, good signs

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

Rather have them back lmao

11. Uncmase
    Join:
    Mar 12, 2016

Uncmase 1st Grade Fringe

Hes Shit. Get over it

• List
  12. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

Realistically, could Blair have pulled out of the tackle on Cronk? I don't mind more aggression, just rather not have to play with 12 men too often (even if it did sometimes make us play better.)

13. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

The assumption made by the 8th Immortal was that Blair had seen the ball leave Cronks hands, how he knew that is beyond me. It was clearly part of Bennetts game plan to pressure Cronk's kicking game, Thaiday and Blair carried it out.

A big deal's made of it but those of us that have played the game know worse things happen in park footy every weekend around the country, I'm not saying late hits should be let go but if you take the ball to the line and turn your back your inviting someone to have a go, Cronk wasn't complaining.

At the moment it's not a sin bin offence but that could change, players like Blair who play to the edge will have to adjust their games if it does.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

I thought he had already been signed at this point but the negotiations are still going.

15. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

As I keep saying he hasnt signed yet.

• List
  16. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

May have missed it sorry :)

17. demco
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

demco 1st Grade Fringe

he is crap leave him out better for the money out there

• List
  18. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

I legit had to read this 10 times before I could make any sense of it. Is this what you meant?

He is a crap player.

Leave him out of our squad/team/plans for the future.

There are better players that we could get for the money he'd be on out there on the market.

??

If my interpretation is correct I have 3 things to say...

1. He's a very good player when in a good team surrounded by other competent players (as has been seen with his Storm and Broncos form)

2. There are no players on the market worth the 600k he'd be earning that we haven't already approached and been shot down by

3. I should be on the next Davinci Code movie for deciphering this ish, god knows no one at the Pentagon or CIA would be able to.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

it wasnt that complicated, the sentence was just missing commas

20. BlaqAdam
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2016

BlaqAdam NSW Cup Player

I feel like he offers good defense and he definitely puts pressure on the opposition during the 6th tackle. Yes he inst got great running meters but I think he offers a lot apart from that. We need to decide as a club are we going to be nice guys like we have continued to be the last few years? Or are we gonna be the bad boys ? He's got a rugged and dirty style of play, It sucks to play against but good to have on your team. Sao had a similar dirty edge. We got Gavet and Pulu that are super aggressive up the middle and players like Blair than can keep the defense solid in the middle and provide offloads. Pulu is another great off loader and since we're the 'Off the cuff/Non structured' team of the comp, I feel like its time we played to our strengths. We need to be more aggressive esp against these bigger teams that think they can walk all over us. We play hard up the middle and flick the backdoor passes off and reward our wingers. Blair should shake things up here

• List