General Discussion Alex Corvo Strength & Conditioning

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by WarriorBall, Sep 9, 2017.

1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

The trouble is going to come in the forwards. If guys like Vete and Lisone prove to be duds who are they going to field? If they come right things might be ok, but the NRL doesn't recognise "IF".

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

2. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

Here's the interview for those who missed it: Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  3. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah your right, but it's a long ' process' of replacing the mud. It might be 2019 when we taste finals again, so far though the fat is being trimmed - New backline for 2018 and hopefully the forwards aim up , the potential is there

• List
  4. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'd like them to bring Kevin Campion in as well as defensive coach, just to ram the point home...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  5. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Vete and Lisone are bit players. Still a year or two off being proper NRL players. Who you really have to worry about is James Gavet and Adam Blair being duds. Both need to shine as seniors. If you are looking at our juniors to lead the team you might as well follow the netball...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Gavet will break at some stage next season It happens when you go hundies
    What Then?
    Vete an Lisone , Ligi, Pulu one of these guys need to step up

• List
  7. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

this guy is going to break more than half our players

actually i think most of our players, 3 or 4 maybe fit enough, thats it !!

8. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Surely anyone under 24 should be fine. And the older guys are fitter anyways.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

9. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

that might be Wiki fit, and as the last 6 seasons have shown, not fit enough

i think what will be beneficial is someone not being one of the boys, ripping into them every training

after previous years change has to be good

• List
  10. Navigator
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Navigator 1st Grade Fringe

I like in his radio interview were they talk about breaking the players down before you can build them up,
    I would love to be at preseason training to watch who gives the 100 % and who the slackers are?
    does this mean Wiki will have a reduced roll in the club?

11. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Wiki's just a trainer so he does what Ballin Cupples (Head of Performance) tells him, it's never been Wiki's strength and conditioning program the players have been operating under.

I've seen him running drinks for the ISP boys this season so I'm thinking his role has already been reduced.

12. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Im most excited to see what he does with guys like Kata, Maumalo, Luke, Lisone, Pulu, and our younger forwards. Guys with shit ton of talent but maybe lack some self confidence and physical and mental fortitude. The RTS and Johnsons will look after themselves.

• List
  13. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

He can start by making them run up & down "One Tree Hill" 5 times in the middle of a warm Auckland Summer

14. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Looks like for once all of these 'toughest pre-season ever' articles might be on the money. Can we start a forum pool for first player to keel over and require medical assistance?

• List
  15. the borg
    Join:
    Jun 8, 2015

the borg Warriors Bench Player

Great idea ... should approach the tab to put odds on .. first to puke .. first to faint .. first to go AWOL .. first fake injury ... first contract to be ripped up...who will make it and who doesnt etc.. could be a bit of money to be made ..

• List
  16. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

The point is you can't call kids on minimum wage or just over duds. Right now they are journeymen working their way up the ladder.

When those 'duds' fuck out and Chris Satae, Patrick Sipley or Daniel Palavi step up are they duds too???

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Forget the money they are on, in the old days guys used to train their guts our for next to nothing, literally.
    By duds I was referring to guys who have the potential but might not be showing it in results.
    If they are not up to it, I blame the club for relying on them.

• List
  18. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Half those old guys couldn't the pace these days. Trust me, Mark Graham told me that himself a couple months ago...

• List
  19. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

The thing about Melbourne and Brisbane is that they sack people who can't take the pain.

Kearney must sack all who can't face pain.

The club will be a winner eventually.....because our recruitment and retention will have to fit the basic fitness qualifiers.

We are getting somewhere.

But we are only 50% there.

Where is the skills coach for passing ? Kicking ? Catching the ball ? Playing the ball? and support running/ positional play in support on attack ?

We have defensive coaching

We have structural coaching from SK.

Where is the MAN/ woman employed to focus on basic technical skill ?

Where is the skills clinics to bridge the gap of arrested development in the NZ ?

Are we to stay trapped in this default setting of relying on Aussie systems trained kiwis coming here by virtue of good rapport with Kearney & Doyle ?

Where is your succession plan and long term strategy for fixing the Elephant in the room Warriors ?

Our local leagues struggle to develop the players you want.

Congratulations for addressing the fitness problem.

WOT r u gonna do about the other real problem ?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Note he said "half".;)
    The difference between now and then was the amount of weight training and scientific work, especially that started by Canberra from the Australian Institute of Sport.

Mark Graham was one of the fittest guys ever tested by Jim Blair who trained the All Blacks back then, and he was a chain smoker as well. Simon Mannering is the only current Warrior worthy of comparison to Mark Graham, believe me.