General Discussion Always Backing Our Boys.

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by warriors_ballboy, Aug 30, 2016.

1. warriors_ballboy
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

warriors_ballboy Warriors Bench Player

Over the last few days, "FANS" have given up supporting their team, for whatever reason they wish to do so. This is what i feel.

THROUGH THICK AND THIN, season after season, we've raised our arms in victory, and covered our faces in despair.

We've shouted, cheered, groaned and applauded ALONGSIDE all those who have STOOD, RAIN, HAIL AND SHINE, in the grandstands or on the sidelines, at their local and in their living rooms.

With voices raised in unison, we've watched MESMERISED, HOLDING OUR BREATH AND SCREAMING WITH JOY, NOT JUST A GAME, NOT JUST A TEAM, but a BATTLE TO THE END.

EVERY MINUTE, OF EVERY HALF, OF EVERY GAME, SEASON AFTER SEASON.

WE ARE YOUR SUPPORTERS
    WARRIORS TOGETHER, FOREVER

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

These guys are all living the dream. But if they play like muppets it quickly turns into a nightmare.

I have trouble getting positive about some things. But if they play with skill and heart I'll support them all the way. Thems my conditions.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MXRecord
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2014

MXRecord 1st Grade Fringe

I'm sorry but attitudes like the OP enable failure. Fans have to be able to criticize and demand better without being called 'fair weather' or 'not real' fans.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 13
    • List
  4. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

So, OP, how many Warriors games have you seen this year? We've had some fights to the end, but also too many stuff ups like we had Sunday.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but I don't want this forum to become a battle of "I'm a bigger Warriors fan than you are!"

Does anyone else on here remember the tweet about fair weather fans a couple of years ago?

D.E.S.P.E.R.A.T.E

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

I feel a mixture of anxiety and/or relief for 80 minutes each week waiting for the inevitable fuck up. Been that way for a few seasons now.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  6. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Good poem.

One of the surest signs that people care about the club is that they take time to have a voice.

Good on you for being Loyal to the Jersey.

When all is quiet.

That is the sound *You're Fucked* makes.

7. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Still supporting them, but reserve the right to say mean (and mostly uninformed) things online under an anonymous name until they play more better.

Can’t give up on them, I like NRL and they are my team, what are we supposed to do, become like all the kiwi rabbitoh supporters who came crawling out of the woodwork when they started tasting success – you know the type.

If there was another NZ team would be sorely tested, but there isn’t.

Their crowds have been very solid this season, considering the start they dished up. Support does not seem to be wavering. Yet.

Lets gone 2017 (but I’m not giving you any money for an away membership this time, fool me once….)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  8. Warriorholic
    Join:
    May 4, 2012

Warriorholic 1st Grade Fringe

I remember my first beer

• Funny Funny x 9
    • List

9. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Only NZ based team in the comp they get my support by default really (certainly not from heart, skill, or an outstanding style of game they play). Another NZ team come along id be hard pressed not to jump on that waka.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  10. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

Back the boys?

Back the jersey.

Or uhh, in our case back the... Team name? Uhh, I mean, back the colours. Damn. I mean back the...

Fuck.

11. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington David Shitwell Contributor

FUCK YEAH!

Warriors For Life or Until I Die!!!

Will always support the team through good and bad.

LETS GONE WARRIORS!!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Rick O'Shay
    Join:
    May 1, 2013

Rick O'Shay 1st Grade Fringe

I'm a self harmer and after 21 years following this team my body looks like a road map of the north island. lol

On the plus side, If I give up now, where else can I get such extreme highs of expectation, exultation, frustration and disappointment without substance abuse.

It's the Warriors rollercoaster and I can't get off

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. Mr Dragon
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2015

Mr Dragon 1st Grade Debut

All that criticism of the all blacks losing the world cup seemed to work.

14. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

And now they are so teflon, they can rake the eyes and no one even blinks at it. No pun intended.

And it wasn’t really a Richard Loe type gouge, more of a facial, they’d call it in league, but still.

Winning cures everything.

If the warriors ever turn it around, we can be smug karnts - where were you in the bad old days of aught '16...

15. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

I like the feel good energy in this thread.

All positive - if not somewhat delusional.

GONE WARRIORS!

16. Alexthewormking
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2016

Alexthewormking Warriors Bench Player

I'll support this team unconditionally til I die. I watch pretty much every NRL game I can, when I'm not working, and I just can't bring myself to have a 2nd team to support consistently. Doesn't work that way unfortunately.

I'll complain and vent after each week of disappointment, but I'll always be back the next weekend & trawling through these forums every week.

Been supporting this team for as far back as I can remember in my life so it can't be helped any more

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  17. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

I know what you mean.

Its like the dirty little secret you keep in the closet that you don't want your friends finding out about.

#Warriorsupporterforlife.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. Duh herro
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2015

Duh herro NSW Cup Player

Well, to put it plainly.
    I'll support the Warriors till my dying breath but when they play like shit I reserve the right to say they played like shit.
    But I guess that's the "Fun" of being a Warriors fan. The massive fucking roller-coaster that our season's are.
    The Warriors are an addiction I guess, I probably should be doing better things with my time but fuck it.
    The Warriors are worth every second.

19. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah dude I think I speak for ever single person that's on here when I say that we are all NZ Warriors supporters for life right up until point in 2029 when NRL strip us of our license because of poor field results, bad management and off field drama's (similar to what happen to the North Sydney Bears and South Sydney Rabbitohs back in 2000). That's why we all feel compelled on here to criticise team one bad season after another is because we don't want to see this team that we all love and support continue fail as we all know what eventually happens to teams that do in this highly competitive sports market. As contradictory as it sounds you can love something and hate on it at same time ! Please don't confuse the two. Saying all that though who was it on here last year that said " When I die I want the NZ Warriors to carry my coffin to my grave just so they can let me down one last time ... " Seriously man, I'm about there with this team ... :)

20. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

They'll probably drop the coffin.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • List