Blake Green

1. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Mate, I think we are all pretty embarrassed in hindsight. At one point or another, everybody was excited for Foran. 99% of the forum, at least.

But whatever, we have Green now and tbh he's accomplished more in one trial and one NRL game than Foran did in his entire time here.

2. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Don't say that!!!

3. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

If you need perspective dig up my old posts in the Tomkins thread.

You'll feel a he'll of lot less silly...

4. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Blake Green is friends with Warriors CEO Cameron George.

As I have been saying for about 6 months now those who dont rate Green dont know footy.

Where are all the Hingano lovers now? and here is Hingano? playing for Mounties I suspect.

5. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Or some of our posts about Locke, Carlos he’ll even Neilson before he came here lol

6. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

The problem with Foran was he used to us to get registered then he put in for a couple games to get a new contract then he stopped putting it. He will perform this year. He dogged us good.

7. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

I saw Gus Gould talking about the Warriors v Souths. He noticed the leaner body types and stamina. When asked about Blake Green he said that he is ideal for the Warriors to calm them down, to tell them they are going OK and don't have to score off every set. He said that was a problem for the Warriors over the years. Also said when you play the Warriors two things will happen, your team will be picked to win, and you go to the game terrified knowing the Warriors might put it together on the day which they were always capable of doing.

8. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

What about those that don't rate SJ (like you), do they know their league?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Well i thought i did up to last week but now i have to admit you were right..........and it really really hurts.

One question for you, do you think he was quicker last week than he has been the last 2 seasons or was I just wishing that to make up for my poor judgement?

10. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

Well i think we can all go back and find where we were right at least once but most people weren't saying Ata over Green, they were saying keep both.

11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

In the past he has been the go to on attack so opposition defences lined him up. Blake Green is a different sort of player but if they all go rushing up on SJ and the ball goes to Green you are liable get a 40/20 up the snout. Sort of sharpens the senses a bit so SJ has a bit more room, and doesn't need much, as he showed last week. Also when I saw him at pre season he looked very sharp indeed.

12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

That was Ata's decision.

13. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

I'll be honest - when I was supporting SJ on here a few weeks back, it was more from the viewpoint that he had refined his game to cope with the 'fact' he had lost a bit of his pace. I guess I was thinking along similar lines to when Richard Hadlee shortened his run up - it was different, received some criticism but ultimately proved to be just as effective.

However he was electric against the Rabbits, seemed to have a heap of pace still and more than what was evident last season. And to balance the discussion (and keep it on topic), Green (who's signing I was less than impressed by) provided good space for SJ to weave his magic.

14. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Both were not the problem .
    We got forwards now .
    Thats the difference .
    You watch SJ looks good
    Kata, Ken,Hiku will all look good behind a forward pack
    That turns up

15. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

Do you think Johnson has played to his potential over the past few years? No one doubts his talent. Hopefully with Green there he can put in some consistent performances this year. It is only one game and everyone on here is reading far too much into it. Yes we played well but Souths were woeful and we got the rub of the Green. Lets see where we sit after 6 rounds.

16. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

My view is that SJ has for the most part played well - and his stats back that up. Our biggest weakness by a long way has been our middle D, not our playmaker who has been a convenient scapegoat. You are right about it being just one game however, although on Green - nice call from you and a few others to date. I just hope he's still adding value later into his contract term.

17. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

Johnson has always played well, he just hasn't played to his potential because he has been used in the wrong role. He is an adlib off the cuff player and when he has the pressure of running the team it doesn't work for him. He was a joy to watch on Saturday and I hope that this is a sign of things to come because at his best he is unstoppable.

18. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Guys can you take it to the SJ thread please. I was really hopeful to read something about Green and thats hes ontrack to play this weekend. Im very over SJ and dont need to see him in every thread

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

We are talking about Green... and his influence on SJ's game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

Just out of curiosity. How do you know George and Green are friends?

How does the CEO of the Auckland Racing Board and a Rugby League players based in Australia and England become friends?