Blake Green

1. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

It's great for Green he is in the discussion but when push comes to shove can we really see them picking a 31 year old debutant?

I don't think so.

Maloney is a lock for one spot and if they get on a roll I think Keary is probably front runner for the other, then Pearce.

2. RobRoyMcCoy
    Join:
    Apr 19, 2012

RobRoyMcCoy 1st Grade Fringe

I deeply and sincerely hope he does not get picked. Fuck NSW and Origin. I want him to play for us at every opportunity.

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Normally I'm all for players playing Origin as they come back better for the experience but I'd hate for Blake Green to come back depressed after yet another lost series for NSW :finger::finger::finger:...

4. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

If Blake Green is playing it won't be...

5. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I hope he gets picked

It will reinforce he made the right decision coming here and he will get to spend time with his own kind...Australians.

Guy deserves it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan Warriors 1st Grader

Not to mention becoming a rep player after a career mostly spent in strugglers gully

7. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Thats a good point didnt think of it like that......

8. Snoopy
    Join:
    Aug 19, 2017

Snoopy 1st Grade Fringe

Agree - makes the club more attractive for players. Join the Warriors to make Origin...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Hope he doesn't play , he's never played reps before and he'd get smashed a lot , rather he stays here and we win a premiership or 3.

10. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Greens pretty good at staying out of harm's way.

The Storm went ok without players...it would be another opportunity for Cooper Lino...he deserves another go round as well.

Depends how the team approaches losing a key player.

11. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Sack him we should've kept ata an got lollohea back .You guys havnt thought how playing in the
    Finals is going to put extra strain on our team .Its an extra 4 or so weeks of high pressure games
    Its going to mess up our off season .Which is where we historically put in our best work .I mean
    The hardest preseason ever will sound empty when its been cut short by time wasted playing finals..
    So sack SK an Green let's get back to the warriors we know .Plus we are all going to run out of
    Platitudes by half way through the season if this winning rubbish continues .

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Deranged
    Join:
    May 24, 2012

Deranged 1st Grade Fringe

Heard on the triple m nrl Sunday show that manly knocked back his request to leave originally but then Blake made it clear at trainings that he didn't want to be there.

13. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

14. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I heard that too it was a little disappointing, they mentioned that he still had a year to run but “dragged his heels at training” and ended up leaving with a bit of bad blood.

15. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

The guy has a family to feed and a 3 year contract on good money waiting for him that he was being prevented from taking up... sometimes you have to do what you have to do. There's no guarantees in life, and even less in professional sport - that contract may very well have not been there after this year, and he could have been without a club. That's business.

16. Makasene
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Makasene 1st Grade Fringe

Other side of the coin is that had he stayed, Manly would have been over the cap this season and docked competition points.

17. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Going against the grain here.

I agree with Ikin and Kent's Assessment. They are a way better side with Green at first receiver rather than Johnson ( I watched the Perth game where Shaun was MOM V the Chooks game).
    The reason the keys to the Ferrari need handing to Green are obvious he is a better driver end of.
    The difference in team work with players running onto the ball in numbers and timing are night and day between Perth and Alliance.

I was a little put out at first when Kevin Campion came in and took over Stacey's team....but what about now ????

Come on down mini Campo.

Dude kicks a 40/20....Coops Lino jumps at him like an excited puppy followed by another Warrior and Green brushes them away because he's in a hurry to run the next play Fk the high fives.

Run that same 40/20 with Shaun and the game pauses while the Warriors celebrate and compose themselves....no more...get out best half putting his boot on the throat and keep it business as usual.

18. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

It’s interesting that when Green was signed most people agreed that we were paying overs for an old second rate half.
    Suddenly we have locked down a potentially SOO half for three years at massive unders.

19. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Looking at the four star Hotel Green was living in ten minutes from Mt Smart, and listening to his Missus, it looks as though the Warriors are smart enough to know what they got needs personal service par excellence.

20. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

It's been years since I gave a shit about origin but Green playing would peak my interest.