Bodene Thompson

1. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Oh man can you just imagine Stephen Kearney in orgy with those huge nostrils of his ?

Talk about sticking things in wrong hole ! :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

I hear those nostrils bring all the girls to the block.

Is it still possible to get banned on here when this is the actual club news?

3. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

A quick poll..

Push the like button if you think Thompson should get resigned by the Warriors for next season.

Push the funny button if you think Thompson shouldn't get resigned by the Warriors for next season.

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  4. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Tim burgess 1st Grade Fringe

Definitely shouldn't be resigned. He clearly has demonstrated a lack of respective for the Warriors jersey.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Weno
    Join:
    Nov 3, 2012

Weno 1st Grade Fringe

Not going to judge when i have sinned myself.
    You can keep casting stones.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

In terms of the incident itself and what happened....don't care. None of my business.

But in regards to how it translates to the culture of the Warriors...or more so against what is apparently trying to be built in terms of a professional environment...yeah. I'd be happy to see Bodene leave.

Like it or not, Bodene came into camp in 2015 as an experienced head off the back of his first Kiwi's call up. Considering the number of young players we blooded that season, you could argue he should have been a role model for these guys in terms of what it means to be a professional...particularly as he'd come up through the Aussie system.

I've had my reservations about Bodene in the past OFF the field...what type of influence he might be having on these guys (more notably the infamous Pills saga last season).

On the field - he's a fine player. Solid, hugely reliable in his stint...only real stretch of poor form coming earlier this season.

I'm sorry, but organising a hook up while on Warriors time...even offering some of his team mates and bringing them into it (abeit most those players no longer being at the club)...

Sneaking the chick into his hotel room while another player was present...if that was one of the younger players, what type of message does that send?

Yep...unfortunately our club can't tolerate that shit because we're brittle as it is...not strong enough to overcome that sort of presence in the locker room.

I wanted Bodene the PLAYER re-signed no doubt...but Bodene the PERSON has no room at a club trying to build a stronger professional winning culture...Kearney/George/Doyle have to send a stern message here.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 12
    • List
  7. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

I think the majority of us have sinned

8. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Totally agree, it's not what he did. Its when he did it.

Its an easy decision for the club to make. Just maybe its part of the reason he is yet to resign.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List

9. Ozwarrior
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2014

Ozwarrior 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Bodene Thompson, the Warriors player at the centre of the latest NRL controversy, almost certainly won’t be at the Mt Smart club next year.

Thompson is off contract at the end of next month, and the Herald understands he is unlikely to be offered a new deal by the club.

The situation is unrelated to claims in Australian media earlier today, which detailed his relationship with a former stripper and Penthouse model Belinda Medlyn, though the allegations didn’t cast Thompson in a particularly favourable light.

The pair conceived a child during the 2015 season, after meeting via a social media site in 2014, when he was at Wests Tigers.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.report alleges Thompson and some of his Tigers teammates engaged in group sex with Medlyn during the 2014 season.

Medlyn told the Telegraph that it was her belief NRL players used group sex sessions as a form of team bonding.

The newspaper said Thompson — who joined the Warriors at the start of the 2015 season — had arranged for Medlyn to come to his hotel room the night before the Warriors’ last game of the 2015 season, even though he shared the room with a teammate, who was not involved in the activity.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    No laughing matter now for Bodene.Source:Getty Images

The Warriors lost narrowly to the Bulldogs the following day — they had led with less than three minutes to play before a late James Graham try — for their eighth successive defeat. In that game Thompson registered 12 runs for 100 metres, with 19 tackles. He made two errors and had two missed tackles.

The Warriors were made aware of the 2015 incident earlier this year, and Thompson was disciplined at the time for breaching team protocol.

The NRL Integrity Unit were also notified about the matter but it’s understood the unit is not actively investigating it.

The Warriors are satisfied there are no other issues to be addressed, as there is no suggestion that the activity between Medlyn and Thompson was anything other than consensual and Thompson is currently up to date with his child support payments, which Warriors chief executive Cameron George said had been confirmed by Thompson’s lawyer and verified by documentation from the Department of Human Services in Australia.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Bodene Thompson could be an NRL free agent.Source:News Corp Australia

George added it was a personal matter which was being handled by Thompson, his ex-partner and their respective lawyers.

But the episode does raise questions over whether Thompson fits the culture the club is trying to build.

The 29-year-old was also involved with the sleeping pills and energy drinks incident after the round eight loss to the Storm last year, which was a black mark against his name.

It resulted in six players (Ben Matulino, Manu Vatuvei, Sam Lisone, Albert Vete and Konrad Hurrell were the others) being stood down from the following game.

Thompson has been a decent performer at the Warriors since he arrived in 2015, though his output over the last two seasons hasn’t matched his impressive debut year.

He averaged 7.7 carries and 54 running metres this year, a decrease from 9.9 and 85 respectively last year. His defensive statistics were also down.

It was always possible that Thompson would get squeezed out of the roster in 2018 and beyond, especially after the signings of back rowers Tohu Harris (Storm) and Leivaha Pulu (Titans), but the off field incidents haven’t helped his cause.

The club offered Thompson a new contract early this season, which the former Kiwis squad member chose not to take up, and there is no current offer on the table.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  10. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

I dunno - many times when I have been pleasuring Lady Gnome I have wished my mates were there. Instead of me.

• Funny Funny x 30
    • List
  11. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

I would imagine it would be quite sticky but would it bond the team together?

12. Deranged
    Join:
    May 24, 2012

Deranged Warriors Bench Player

I thought that was you in the public toilets the other night.

13. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Definitely not sad to see the arse end of him if he thinks that is a good way to prepare for a game. I doubt they got to sleep at a reasonable time, so it's no wonder the dopey cunts can't concentrate for 80 minutes at a time.

• List
  14. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I just want to take a moment to thank brodene for giving me the funniest couple of days in all my time reading this forum...

Footy is entertainment after all.

Are you not entertained?;)

And if he does lose his job over this we can say he went out with a bang...

• Funny Funny x 7
    • List
  15. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Bodene the gift that's keeps on giving

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Not on here they haven't:angelic:, right bunch of goody two shoes:facepalm:, each to their own though.:D
    I didn't know that, goodbye then and thanks for the laughs.

• List
  17. ttkk19
    Join:
    Sep 21, 2013

ttkk19 1st Grade Fringe

Is it possible Medlyn might have tried to blackmail Thompson for money by threatening to expose their history? Or am I reading this completely wrong?

If she did it could have explained his massive form drop this season.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  18. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

especially when you run out of breath blowing her up

19. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Well two major points.

1. He's already been disciplined for the breach.
    2. He got offered a contract and turned it down.

Pretty cut and dry now

• List
  20. YeahNah 4020
    Join:
    Aug 6, 2017

YeahNah 4020 U20's Player

Yeah man they are saying just that
    She asked for $50K in June or she tell all
    He didn't pay

• List