Boxing

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Numbnutsnz, May 16, 2012.

1. Numbnutsnz

Numbnutsnz Warriors Bench Player

Kiwi fighter in action on Sky Sports on Friday night at 10pm.

Robert 'The Buther' Berridge, NZ's #1 light heavyweight fighting Aussies #1.

Should be a good fight, Rob is in great condition and pumped to put right the bullshit decision against him in his last fight in Aus.

We are in the middle of a good little period for boxing with Chauncy Welliver a chance of a big fight in the US soon as well.

Please Register(FREE) to disable all Ads.
  2. ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7 Warriors Bench Player

Given up on ya Lakers already?? :)
  3. Numbnutsnz

Haha. Na, I never give up on them. Just lose a little more hope with each loss.
  4. koolkat

koolkat Warriors Bench Player

eh the manny pacman tom bradley fight is gonna be good worth the watch on sky arena imo.manny has alot to prove after his last bout the judges got that dession wrong.sd of been majorty points dession too marcaz even tho i was in manny's corner i was suprized he won think bradley gonna have his handsfull against manny he hasint fought anybody with manny's class and power its gonna be a brawl toe to toe manny stopage in the 8th dont think bradley will handdle the speed and power go the pacman

just gonna have a wee rant about monty barret and the shane cameron fight.they are putting the fight on at 40$ pay per view dont know about anybody else but that to me is absoloutly obseen could understand 14$ but not 40$ sorry to say but theese guys arent world class and it will be a zzzz yawn of a fight 40$ boxing promoters shame on you times are hard give the avarage joe a go put it on moari tv on delayed coverage.but if cameron fights SBW thats another story...thanks for this new sports post guys..

go miami lebron the freak lol
  5. Numbnutsnz

I will be buying the Manny-Bradley fight for sure. Not looking forward to it as much as I did the Mayweather fight though. I'm a Floyd man and that card had much better undercards with Saul Alvarez defending his title.

$40 is ridiculous. The only reason I will consider it is to see Joseph Parker fight on the undercard. The fact that those two reality show chicks are fighting on a professional card is bullshit and is an embarrassment to boxing. Boxing is already in a bad way and this just pulls it down further and further. On the fight though, I think Monte will be to strong, Shanes glass face will come out to haunt him again and I don't think he has the power to knock him down. Tua showed in his fight with Monte that he can and should have been beaten if David didn't wait until the last two rounds to throw some punches.

Bring on Sunday though, should be a beauty. Get up Bradley!
  6. koolkat

god i hope that fight goes throu... fight of the centrey imo hopefully a 60 day lagg may clear floyds head and they may get it on.i think its about money.floyd promortes his own fights where manny has a manager and he is a shit promoter.if floyd dosent get at least 60millon the fight wont go ahead wich is a shame and what about that ginger mexican alvarez what a furture he has in front of him.

yeah im with you shanes face will cut up bad and he is a crusier weight now not a heavy weight wont have the power to shake barret
  7. Numbnutsnz

Floyd is a prize fighter so it most certainly is about the money. Figures prove that he is the most marketable boxer in the sport and people will pay to watch him. Manny is a great fighter but doesnt pull the revenue the Floyd does, therefore it's totally fair and reasonable for him to demand I higher percentage of the revenue. Whats not reasonable is Manny refusing to undergo the olympic style drug testing and doing all he can to avoid the fight.
  8. koolkat

i agree the only has too..piss a couple of times and if he pissies dirty we know he has been a cheat wich i hope he is knot. but if floyd does it before every fight he has every right to ask manny to do the same.i hope he dose but dont think he will wich will always hang over mannys head.hundred millon philapinos wouldnt belive it he is a god too them. but he could go down the alberto contodor route and swear it was tainted beef i had at restraunt..thats why tested positive..
  9. koolkat

well that was a good fight.eh and manny not up too it.think its time for manny get a new trainer.freedy past it i think
  10. Spence

Spence Sgt. Pepper

My facebook is going crazy with people saying that the match was rigged. Thoughts?
  11. koolkat

probally pacqauio supporters like myself.the fight wasint rigged i thought pacqauio had a cheake delaying the fight because he wanted to watch the basketball. boxing is conterversial sport the fight was a draw.there were to many close rounds to call.so it looks like the judges gave the close rounds to bradley but thats boxing for ya.thats why most trainers say dont let it go to the judges because its a lottery. but im not gonna grizzel because there will be a rematch and hopefully the pacman is more focused probally needs to freeshen his camp up.ie change his trainer freddy roach his parkinsons is getting worse so its time to hand the riens over.but we will see
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
  12. Numbnutsnz

Peoples obsession with Manny creates these claims it was rigged. I don't know what some people who said it was 11-1 to Manny were watching. He didnt throw anything for the first 3 rounds. I had the fight as a draw, Bradley with the first and last 3 and Manny with the 6 in the middle. It could have gone either way and Bradley just got lucky I guess.

Half the problem is that a lot of people only follow boxing from the first to the last bell of the fight, particularly Pacquiao fans on facebook. I'm reluctant to say bandwagon but thats what it is. They would have had no idea who Bradley was let alone had seen him fight before. I consider myself to be quite well informed about boxing and know better than to even talk to about 99% of my facebook friends after a fight like this. Most of these 'fans' wont mention his name again until November 10th.
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
  13. koolkat

i agree with you.pacquioa threw a shitload of nothing for the first 3 rounds.thught he looked lazy in periods.defenitly not the pacman of old.the pepole who said manny won the fight 11/1 must be blind or very one eyed with the other eye shut. i watched the the replay this morning and the judges got it correct on my scorecard.what a trainspoter hey it definaly was 115/113 to bradley with a few close rounds i couldnt call.wich could of gone ethier way. but big ups to bradley did all his home work right.i can see him and floyd getting it on so good luck to him.but all you pacman fanns out there sorry to say might be time for him to hang his gloves up for a year or so.and please give up bloody sinnging..i beg you lol
  14. Viking

Viking Warriors Bench Player

Is Nov 10th the rematch date or somthing else? I'm in the Floyd camp with you, he's naturally 2 divisions heavier than Pacman and while I haven't seen yesterdays fight yet , by the sound of KoolKats last post, Manny cruised through some rounds. He'd need an exceptional workrate against Mayweather to be half a chance IMO.

Canelo is the future, it's a shame there's such an age difference between he and Floyd. By fighting any time in the next few years, the outcome is either going to result in Alvarez being too young or Mayweather being too old.

Going back to your original post, I was really impressed with Berridge when I saw him on a TV fight last year, good skills and heavy hands. Do you work with fighters yourself or a fan like the rest of us?
  15. Numbnutsnz

November 10th is most likely the date of the inevitable re match. Manny did cruise through some and did rock him once or twice but its a fight of 12 rounds, not the three or four solid 1 minute flurries from Manny. In saying that, if they had given it to Manny I wouldn't have questioned it, that's how close it was in my book.

Saul Alvarez is the future. That kid is legit. There are already rumblings about him meeting with Floyd but I can't see it happening. Canelos camp are quite happy to bide their time as they have shown so far in his career.

Rob has very little competition in NZ with only really Gunnar Jackson left but Gunnar isnt keen at all. I'm just a fan like everyone else but do a little bit myself for fitness and Rob Berridge is my trainer so I might hold a little bias in his favour.
  16. Viking

Viking Warriors Bench Player

Cool, are you training out of Northside ( I think that's where Berridge fights out of)?

Alvarez was mentioned for Floyd the last time his negotiations for a fight with Manny broke down but it didn't get much traction. It'd be a barnstormer, Floyd would probably still be a little too slick for Saul if they fought now but the boys got a size, power and youth advantage over Floyd not to mention being a nasty bodysnatcher in the true Mexican style. If Alvarez defends his title against a few more good contenders, it'd be tough to imagine Floyd getting out the ring in one piece. He's not the sort of fighter that looks like he want's to risk his unbeaten record on a young hungry lion either.
  17. Numbnutsnz

Rob is out of Northside I think but he has started his own gym. He would do his preparation for any fights at Northside though.

If Alvarez got a few more wins he would probably catch Floyds 43-0 seeing as he is much more active with Floyd being in jail. That would be a hell of a fight both fighting for a 44-0 record.
  18. koolkat

go the ginger assoin cant wait for that fight go sual but like you say he needs a few more quality bouts before he fights floyd.dont think it will happen for awhile.
  19. Numbnutsnz

Those that watched the Pac-Bradley fight should watch this.
  20. Sup42

Sup42 Warriors Marquee

Tried to book the CAMERON FIGHT, first problem is the phone system has crapped out.

Seocund problem is the web site has crapped out.

Third problem is Sky costs a lot of money.