General Discussion Changes to the Head Office

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Miket12, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Rumoured to be changes occurring in the head office with Watson stepping down from the board and JD taking over the chair but leaving the CEO position.

2. CompletionRate
    Join:
    Sep 13, 2015

CompletionRate 1st Grade Fringe

Executive changes

Executive changes have today been confirmed by the Vodafone Warriors.

Effective from September 1, Eric Watson will relinquish his position as chairman, managing director Jim Doyle will move into the role of executive chairman and chief operating officer Cameron George will become CEO.

“The changes are in the club’s best interests,” said Watson.

“With succession in mind, this was always our plan and we’re ideally positioned to implement these moves with minimal disruption.

“The chairman’s role is best performed locally.

“It’s a fast-paced business with a lot going on at any one time. In more recent times, I’ve had limited opportunities to spend time in New Zealand and have a lot of demands on my time.

“The new NRL funding model means the clubs are big business and deserve a dedicated focus. A local chairman will be better placed to steer the Vodafone Warriors to achieving success.

“In Jim, we have an experienced executive of the highest calibre, a proven businessman and someone with a tremendous passion for rugby league.”

Watson said succession planning had been Doyle’s mandate.

“Transitioning him through the managing director role to executive chairman was our plan at the time he joined the club in 2014 to ensure his knowledge, relationships and expertise were retained within the club,” said Watson.

“He will be involved in not only ongoing board matters and supporting Cameron as CEO but also representing the club in NRL relations and overseeing board-level strategic initiatives.”

Doyle said George had been identified some time ago by the Vodafone Warriors.

“Cameron comes with leadership experience in the sports, entertainment and integrity industry,” said Doyle.

“He joined as a board director in February last year and in May this year he accepted the opportunity to take up a newly-created role as COO with the club so he comes into the CEO’s position with the benefit of experience. He’ll do a fantastic job in his new role.”

Previously CEO with the Auckland Racing Club, George is excited about the opportunity.

“With the NRL’s new club funding agreement, this is a great time to take on the role,” he said.

“I’m passionate about the club and I’m driven by the challenges ahead as we strive to achieve success on and off the field.”

Watson said the changes ensured the Vodafone Warriors were well-positioned ahead of the 2018 season.

“Jim’s expertise, knowledge of the club and the NRL is a huge asset and we are thrilled to have him step up to his new role as executive chairman,” he said.

“In Cameron, we again have someone with a strong understanding of the club, great relationships and a proven track of business success – combined with a genuine passion for rugby league. Implementing the changes now allows us to focus on actioning our plans for 2018.”

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. The Cheap Seats
    Join:
    May 18, 2015

The Cheap Seats 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Jim Doyle's reign as Warriors CEO is over
    24 Aug, 2017 12:04pm

Jim Doyle's reign as Warriors CEO has come to an end.

The club confirmed today that Doyle will move upstairs into an executive chairman role, with current chief operating officer Cameron George taking on the top job.

Also effective from September 1, Eric Watson will relinquish his position as chairman.

"The changes are in the club's best interests," said Watson in a club statement.

"With succession in mind, this was always our plan and we're ideally positioned to implement these moves with minimal disruption.

"The chairman's role is best performed locally. It's a fast-paced business with a lot going on at any one time. In more recent times, I've had limited opportunities to spend time in New Zealand and have a lot of demands on my time.

"The new NRL funding model means the clubs are big business and deserve a dedicated focus. A local chairman will be better placed to steer the Warriors to achieving success.

"In Jim, we have an experienced executive of the highest calibre, a proven businessman and someone with a tremendous passion for league."

Watson said succession planning had been Doyle's mandate.

"Transitioning him through the managing director role to executive chairman was our plan at the time he joined the club in 2014 to ensure his knowledge, relationships and expertise were retained within the club," said Watson.

"He will be involved in not only ongoing board matters and supporting Cameron as CEO but also representing the club in NRL relations and overseeing board-level strategic initiatives."

Doyle said George had been identified some time ago by the Warriors.

"Cameron comes with leadership experience in the sports, entertainment and integrity industry," said Doyle.

"He joined as a board director in February last year and in May this year he accepted the opportunity to take up a newly-created role as COO with the club so he comes into the CEO's position with the benefit of experience. He'll do a fantastic job in his new role."

Previously CEO with the Auckland Racing Club, George is excited about the opportunity.

"With the NRL's new club funding agreement, this is a great time to take on the role," he said.

"I'm passionate about the club and I'm driven by the challenges ahead as we strive to achieve success on and off the field."

Watson said the changes ensured the Warriors were well-positioned ahead of the 2018 season.

"Jim's expertise, knowledge of the club and the NRL is a huge asset and we are thrilled to have him step up to his new role as executive chairman," he said.

"In Cameron, we again have someone with a strong understanding of the club, great relationships and a proven track of business success - combined with a genuine passion for rugby league. Implementing the changes now allows us to focus on actioning our plans for 2018."

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  4. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

A lot of this was discussed here over the last few months. So thanks to the people bringing the intel, or stating the obvious.;)

I would guess Doyle would have been doubling up as CEO and Chairman for meetings with the NRL as I doubt Watson would make any of those meetings. You read about most clubs having a CEO and Chairman and both roles having meetings with the NRL.

Is this more indication of the Doyle consortium taking over? The club obviously needs to work as business as usual as much as possible as potentially any sale maybe a while off yet. Also as far as the public are concerned the main bidder in Davys as pulled out.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

That headline from the Herald...

Tabloid garbage.

Anyways, I for one am seriously glad we're not losing Doyle. That'd be stick a fork in it territory for me. If his role in anyway whatsoever actually changes from this, and he's given more autonomy without the hamstringing of having to report to Watson, so much the better.

Possibly the clearest indication yet that Doyle is readying up to buy the club.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 14
    • List
  6. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Someone check on Bruce, the guy who was the problem at the top just got promoted.

7. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

It does seem to signal something. The rumoured new owner stepping into the owners role in the business.

• List
  8. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Game of musical chairs as far as i am concerned

Wankers are all still there.

Just wearing different hats.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List

9. Whiteknight
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2016

Whiteknight NSW Cup Player

at least it looks like they had a bloody plan in regards succession and it actually worked out, that NEVER happens at the Warriors
    Consistency and having a steady ship is a start, get the front office right and you are on your way...except maybe at the Warriors

• List
  10. mjak123
    Join:
    Sep 8, 2013

mjak123 Warriors Bench Player

How many KPI's were met?

What the heck let's just give ourselves a promotion..

Headline...Work and Income opens up New Penrose branch

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Whiteknight
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2016

Whiteknight NSW Cup Player

EW can do what he likes, it owns it, if the forum owned them then there would obviously be changes but we don't so we get to sit back and watch like an episode of Shortland Street (which i DO NOT watch) and see the drama unfold before us

12. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Disappointed we didn't get an Australian in with NRL experience as CEO, we are crying out for a Football Manager so badly, Kearney has no clue, he needs a boss who isn't Doyle setting up the football side of the business

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  13. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

In terms of the overseeing of the Club this effectively removes Watson from the equation a situation Doyle is privately happy with I'd imagine, with more autonomy to run his own agenda away from the daily grind of the commercial and football operations as Chairman he can feel free tackle some of the broader issues weighing the club down.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  14. RICHMAN
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2017

RICHMAN Warriors Bench Player

Well if your buying the joint you would give yourself a promotion wouldn`t you?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  15. RICHMAN
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2017

RICHMAN Warriors Bench Player

hopefully thats the next step... after recruitment

16. Leaguegod
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2015

Leaguegod 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

What a joke, seriously how much BS has to come out of Doyle's mouth before we say enough is enough, HOW ABOUT GETTING AN ACTUAL Warriors supporter as CEO C George doesn't even support the Warriors, another Aussie money grabbing wet sock, Doyle promised to put his name to results and actually said we were in for a good year when anyone with any league brain called SHIT year before round 1, all he has achieved is fucking up the 9's for the Warriors, the Haggis head told us 9's weren't important but the season was, how out of touch is this guy! I call bludger I call BS and stick to your word flea bag and leave completely take C George with ya.

• List
  17. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Lol and Cappy has been re-signed as an assistant for 2018 because The Process likes working with him.

As in, The Process is going nowhere next year.

Fuck this team.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. demco
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

demco Warriors Bench Player

And still we live in hope but it is not looking good

• List
  19. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Are we that bad now as a club that resigning a failed coach who runs water bottles for another year as no one wants the role? My expectations for next year just dropped a little - and to be honest they really weren't that high. :(

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  20. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

try saying "I'm a Haggis-head Fleabag Bludger" in JD's accent when you're pissed