General Discussion Congratulations!!! you are now the new coach of the Warriors!!

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Jul 31, 2017.

1. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Here's your chance people.You're now coach of this club!!! What are you going to do differently ??

And dont give us some great speech about changing the culture or talk to us about sacking this nut and that with no game plan after that. I dont want stupid cliches about "process" and getting better every week with no details about how exactly that is to be accomplished.

We've heard it all before in the other threads. We've heard all these great cliches from SK. All with no substance. No value.

In here, tell us how exactly you change things. Give us specifics.

All you couch potato coaches, the floor is yours...

2. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

1. Kill myself.

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. PNG Kiwi
    Join:
    Apr 11, 2016

PNG Kiwi Warriors Bench Player

This is a tough one, as I don't think the coach is the full problem.

Extreme measures are called for, sack all football staff bar Stacey Jones and the reserve coach.

Find tough uncompromising ex SAS personnel to run the fitness and conditioning programme.

Emphasis on mental skills and conditioning under pressure, keep it simple as is the game plan.

If the forwards don't have hunger and mongrel train it into them or move them on. They can have fun as long as they stay committed to the only thing that matters winning.

The place would be run like a military academy respect for rank and brothers in arms, all are the same rank accept captain and vice captain.

We now have addressed the Bro culture and lack of commitment and disrespect for rank and restored power to the coach.

Now it is up to the new recruitment department to scout for future warriors with talent and never say die attitude, they will look for recruits we can call warriors.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  4. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

It's pretty simple to me.
    Offloads.
    Our "star" players require off loads. Luke, Princess, RTS are far superior to any other club in regard to playing off the back of them. Forget about the edges. Go through the middle.
    It should be our strength. It's now our weakness.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  5. fizurg
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

fizurg 1st Grade Fringe

Id tell them to hire a new coach.

6. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

Generally support this, what this team lacks are men of character, people who are punctual, have attention to detail, take responsibility and prepare physically and mentally.

Put some real discipline and consequences in place. Punctuality is a good place to start e.g. if training starts at 6pm them that is when training starts, not when they arrive, have someone with with a watch at the door.

We are stuck with these guys. If they won't respect authority then let them fear it.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  7. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Interesting. I hear discipline, bringing back the fear factor, punctunality.

Let me stop and ask - isnt that SK's philosophy as a coach? is nt that exactly what Cappy had been trying to install since he was coach?

This isnt a new strategy. This is exactly what they are trying to do now. You can argue then sack the players and bring people in with the rught character to change the culture. But then it goes back to the old question of who wants to come here?

SK is in a pickle right now. He wants discipline he wants structure he wants our culture to change he just doesnt know how to do it.

Come on coach potatoes there other options out there he should explore.

What are they?

8. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Cap the amount of locals in the team at half the 1st grade squad. 15 of the top 30 or whatever it ends up being. That's not that extreme if you count the players out. Like 21-9 is the split between who played for our U20s and who didn't, so its 6 players moving on. And Matulino, Vatuvei, Lolohea, clark, probably Gubb almost already there.

Keep the best discard the rest.

The cultural mix isn't working, the skills mix isn't working.

These outsiders don't have to be super talents or nothing, just reliable players.

By locals i mean been developed by the warriors, so Luke and Tohu Harris don't count for example

Don't deviate from it for at least 2 years, see what the team and culture is looking like after that.

• List

9. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

First I'd change the players. I'd maintain a strict quota of players from each of the major player backgrounds.

We're a kiwi club, so we need at least 1/3 kiwis in the team. I'm talking about guys with Kiwi accents (Pakahea or Maori), not guys who were born in NZ but sound like try hard Americans...

We play in the Australian Rugby League comp, in a sport which they are the never ending world champions. I'd make sure there are always 1/3 Aussies in the team. Proper Aussies who've lived and breathed League, and dreamed of playing for the roos since they could talk and started sledging their mothers...

The other 1/3 would be athletes pure and simple. Don't care where they come from, as long as they are bigger, faster, stronger.

Fully accept reality: That's how winning is done bitches...

Training would be based on defense first, offloads second, structure never. NZ bread players are shit at Aussie style structure. Don't waste a guys entire career trying to get him up to speed unless you're going to surround him entirely with guys who are allready experts at that style of play.

I'd drill these fat, lazy mutherfuckers until they were completely unable to fuck up a defensive line. Any special and unique snowflakes who want to express their special uniqueness to the world would be left standing on the front steps of Mt Smart Fight Club Stadium. Only hard cunts who can hunt as a pack would be allowed onto the hallowed turf of our great home...

I'd send SJ to the most brutal, gang run, fighting school in Auckland and call them a bunch of soft cock pussies when I dropped Little Johnson (LJ for short) off every afternoon.

Then I'd make a bunch of audio tapes for the half time speeches and use them for every game so that they aren't shocked when I roll one out at the Grand Final...

That's about it.

• List
  10. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

The Warriors have always been conflicted on what winning is. The hard work of their creation was done by League people but were taken over by the suits when created.

Most other sporting organisations were focussed on the on field results, the Warriors also had their eyes on the commercial side of things, too often jersey sales were a security blanket. At times a staggering level of amateurish management was revealed.

I think JD, SK and crew are on the right track, we just expect instant results. Too much indiscipline has been allowed into the club and has to be tightened up, particularly the playing group.

I think he does know how to change the culture, and is trying to do it. He will be being resisted by players enablers like Agents. It won't happen overnight. The only certainty I have is that a playing squad has to have clear, unbreakable boundaries and behaviours to be succesful. It has always been so over sport.

These guys have been babysat too long, time for them to front up and produce consistently.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  11. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

develop some props get rid of the flying midgets at both the NRL level & at NYC

12. Rilakkuma
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Rilakkuma 1st Grade Fringe

I would start by making a "Sack coach Rillakuma thread". The rest will unfold accordingly.

But seriously. I would get rid of all these jobs for old mates. I would look to employ/headhunt people that are the best in their field. Talent scouts, trainers and assistants with many years of experience. Our training staff all look fresh out of university so I would like a few older heads in the training team.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

JD already said that three years ago. So far Bell is the only one he got rid of.

14. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

BANG THE SHIT OUT OF that chick sitting in the coaches box on game day !!!! ;)

15. Dave Brough
    Join:
    Jan 24, 2014

Dave Brough Warriors Bench Player

I would give Jonno a signed open cheque. Put whatever numbers he wants. How could you go wrong.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. Warrior482
    Join:
    Oct 12, 2012

Warrior482 1st Grade Fringe

Id throw out the current game plan. Focus big on attack attack attack. These guys are not melbourne. We are not even brisbane. Defence is our weakness, always has been. Poor defence = terrified warriors = zero confidence.
    Good attack = terrified opposition = confidence = good little warriors.
    Play like the damn Warriors!

Im not saying don't work on D. It just can't be our "bedrock" not unless we've got 17 Simon Mannerings out on the field. It won't work.

Play to our strengths. Offload the damn ball. Play what we see. Remind the players why they love this game and maybe they'll play with heart. Right now they're playing like scared little kittens that are absolutely terrified.

Get Daniel Anderson on in some capacity. At least for a year or 2. Keep stace. Bye Reuben. Keep Doyle. Bye Cappy (maybe) and bring in Blackmore.

Edit: bring the walker bros in as consultants?? Lol

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  17. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Some good points here but one thing: Daniel Anderson has been deregistered by the NRL and can't have any involvement with an NRL club because of the Eels salary cap issues.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Leaguegod
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2015

Leaguegod 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Announce that we have re signed RTS this signing is sssooo important I feel it is being lost, my first action re sign RTS for 5 years

19. Warrior482
    Join:
    Oct 12, 2012

Warrior482 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah, just me living in the past haha

20. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Actually, after hearing that he was still being payed by the Eels and driving a club supplied car weeks after being deregistered and not even being able to do any work for them, makes me wonder about his character and if we'd ever want him back at the club anyway.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List