General Discussion Des Hasler

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by facefacts, Sep 20, 2017.

1. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

So is this bumbling excuse for a NRL club going to finally do something smart and agressively go after Hasler?

If we want the "is it the players or is it the coach" question that follows pretty much every season answered, we actually need to hire a quality coach to prove one way or the other...we cant keep hireing pathetic coaches who've never won a damn thing, and then turn around and say it's not the coaches fault when yet another appalling season comes to an end.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 14
    • List

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I don't know about Hasler with the Warriors culture thing. He will be just as structured as Kearney and used to Aussies who know the systems. Ivan Cleary was the safer option. Kearney has turned out to be another Jim Doyle gamble.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  3. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

Hasler is a tool also guys, got given the punt from the dogs for a reason - we would just end up getting Foran back

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  4. Dunedin warrior
    Join:
    Nov 10, 2014

Dunedin warrior 1st Grade Fringe

In theory it should be a no brainer, but the fact we have been through so many coaches recently means we will stick with Kearney for the next season.

The fact that we are probably going to be favourite for the spoon next year and Kearney is signing over the hill veterans and journeymen on long term contracts would make this a tough sell to Hasler.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  5. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

I'd like Hasler to come but unfortunately can't keep churning through coaches and continuously rebuilding

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

Cool Hasler... Blair would be on a 5yr contract for 4million back ended at 1.5mil for the last 2 yrs

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  7. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Also WTF are the Dogs playing at,noot paying him out??!

Unless there was a specific performance clause, they haven't got a leg to stand on.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  8. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

Des is an expert at stitching up the incoming coach.

• List

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Coaches contracts are not covered by the NRL. They can invite him to take them to Court, which will cost a lot of time and money, so he might consider settling for less. Smart idea unless you ever want to attract a high flier again.

• List
  10. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Contract is a contract. Even verbal ones are enforceable.

Even the dogs board claimed he had signed for 2 more years

• List
  11. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Yes they are enforceable, but one has to go to Court to get it enforced. That will take time and money. It looks to me as though they are trying to get him to settle for a lower figure, or they know he has something lined up. He would be better to find another job.

12. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Big time barrister will do it for exposure and costs from settlement, Des will do it on principle. He'll get paid and another job.

• List
  13. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Dogs say they owe him nothing. Des's management say 1 mil plus. It will be sorted before it even gets to court.
    Somewhere in the middle

• List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

That's right, he would be lucky to get half from the settlement, and I mean lucky. The dumb arses are the dogs board. What decent coach is going to sign up with them knowing they refused to pay Hasler?

• List
  15. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

I wonder if we're going to see a straight swap...McGuire to the Bulldogs and Dez to the Rabbits.
    The Bunnies would have to be an easier and smarter move for Hasler, which is why he needs to be given an offer he can't refuse if we want to drag him over the ditch.

• List
  16. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Whatever we think of Ray Dib and the board the Canterbury Football Club/Leagues club are very successful. I'm sure they would have got some pretty sound legal advice before punting Des. I mean its not as though they would have been sitting around munching on a kebab and suddenly thought lets get rid of Des. Des will get a payout of some description the question is how much. You mentioned the potential issue of what coach would what want to go there, I would imagine the same would apply for decent players. ( Foran and Sharon not included)

17. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

MO Coaches ! MO Problems !

stay with the status quo ! Let Kearney have one more year !

Changing coach every 12 months aint going to fix squat !!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  18. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I hear you.

I also hear they have seriously overspent their salary cap and resigned a coach for two years only to sack him before his extension began. JD might be full of bullshit but he doesn't seem that stupid.

The only credit I can give them is they might realise they have cocked up and are taking their medicine now.

19. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza 1st Grade Fringe

Des is getting the blame for the overspend on the cap. The word is when he originally signed with them 6 years ago part of this demands were that he got the keys to the kingdom

20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

That would be right, just ask Graham Lowe who had to handle the guy at Manly.