EPL

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Raurimu Massive, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Raurimu Massive 1st Grade Fringe

Kickoff for the English Premier League this weekend, and starts with the bizarre move by Arsenal of selling Van Persie to Man U... that must have damn near ensured Man U finish the season as champs.

First game's overnight for me... my Spurs take on my mate's Newcastle, so it's getting MySky'd and will give us the chance to give each other shit for an hour and a half tomorrow before the Warriors.

2. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Wenger makes Arsenal more $$ with the saele of 29 yr old, injury prone Van Persie. Not the player United needed, midfield is dire (for a team of their status). Still very heavily reliant on Scholes, who had to come out of retirement last season. If Vidic has further injury problems they're in trouble defensively too, Ferdinand over the hill...

3. charlie bobmarley
    Join:
    May 16, 2012

charlie bobmarley 1st Grade Fringe

Not your best sporting weekend then RM ? I follow the Gunners so only slightly better for me

4. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

The brave heroes from SE16 went down at home, whilst the cheating McClennans from across the river made a winning start.

We may be two divisions apart come 2013 (which keep the Metropolitan Police happy.)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

mrblonde 1st Grade Fringe

Song's following Van Persie out of Arsenal. Should have won against Sunderland but if yesterday's a guide, we might make up those two points against Liverpool in two weeks time.

Arsenal really need a top class DMC. They should sign Run.

6. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Nah a bloody stinker of a Sunday - sets up the working week nicely eh? I often wear Warriors shirts at work, no nearly every one of my regular customers is giving me shit about the Warriors... hell, everyone's getting in on the act: couriers, sales reps, posties, coworkers, guys who work down the road, homeless bums with sherry-breath...

• List
  7. charlie bobmarley
    Join:
    May 16, 2012

Being Blue wasnt all bad news today. Everton 1 - 0 over ManU

8. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

Sweet. Wonder if RVP's regretting his move yet? :D

9. ajofbrisbane
    Join:
    May 17, 2012

ajofbrisbane 1st Grade Fringe

Maybe after that game...but his hat trick on the weekend will help ease his pain....

10. charlie bobmarley
    Join:
    May 16, 2012

Arsenal v Spurs this morning
    So what was the score again ?

11. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

God can you believe that dickhead Adebeyor? That was an appalling tackle attempt. I like him when he's on form, but it looks like he's trying to show Bartelli how to be the biggest wanker in the league. Missed a whole heap of straight forward shots last season too - would have seen us through to the UEFA league if they'd gone in.

12. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Really enjoying my football this season - helps that Tottenham are doing well! Got mySky 6 months or so ago, so I've been able to tape and watch most of the matches.

13. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Yeah it's been a good season, always liked watching Tottenham. Have been playing expansive football for years.

What a prediction of mine! Haha lord that couldn't be less true, RVP has been awesome.

14. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Millwall might have peaked too soon........

15. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

Arsene Wenger's talking up Arsenal's training system - Beckham trains there once and PSG snap him up...

Carzola's my player of the season for the Gunners.

16. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

2-1 this time round bro! Opens up a 7 point lead for Spurs over the Arse, and 2 over Chelski. Got a hell of a brutal schedule coming up though, so I reckon we'll be lucky to keep this streak going. Still, with the form Bale's in...

• List
  17. mrblonde
    Join:
    Apr 14, 2012

We wish to announce we no longer have any interest in soccer/football/whatever the stupid game's called.

We strenously deny any assertion others may assert that this aforementioned lack of interest is related to any game of soccer/football/whatever the stupid game's called played this morning NZT between Arsenal and !$?*?#$% Tottenham and the fact that !$?*?#$% Tottenham won.

Thank you.

18. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Did I mention there's a 7 point gap between Tottenham and the Arse now? I may forgotten. Oh, and we're in 3rd place too.

19. charlie bobmarley
    Join:
    May 16, 2012

you can hear those footsteps now aye RM ?

20. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

I can hear the damned footsteps of history repeating! I think the schedule and lack of striker depth is coming back to bite us on the arsenal mate.