General Discussion Folau Quits Afl. Warriors A Possibility?

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by Inruin, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

Folau has quit,

NRL News

Israel Folau Quits The AFL Amidst Reports He Will Return To The NRL, Possibly With The Eels Post by: Triple M 1 November, 2012 - 3:06 PM

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. 1
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    UPDATE: Israel Folau has confirmed he is leaving the GWS Giants, saying that he'd be 'cheating himself' if he stayed in a game he lacked passion for.
    The GWS Giants CEO, Dave Matthews, said Folau was honest and came to the club asking to get out of his four-year contract.
    Matthews, and coach Kevin Sheedy, were coy on their interest in getting exilded Crows big man Kurt Tippett to the club, while Folau gave doughnuts on his own specific future.
    Folau said he has not spoke to any NRL clubs - he is being strongly linked to the Parramatta Eels - but did not say his management team wasn't talking to other parties.
    When asked whether a move to rugby union was an option, he admitted it was.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

any chance for the warriors?

2. slaughterhouse.sa
    Join:
    May 26, 2012

slaughterhouse.sa 1st Grade Fringe

he would be cheap

3. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

zero chance? we must be one of the few clubs with salary cap room. surely? not even 2%?

4. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

It would have taken a fair crack of planning did it start here..
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

5. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. the seeds early, time to reap?

6. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

So if Folau decides to go to a bunch of rabble such as the Eels, he is just chasing the cash, rather than coming to a decent team like the warriors

he will be in a team getting the spoon rather than the team chasing the ring !!!

but hey im a one eyed warriors supporter haha

come on Folau, come accross the ditch and win a ring !!!!

7. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

Folau chasing the cash? You can imagine my shock.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

If he wanted to goto a decent team, you could suggest that there are 13 other teams he was more likely to goto than come to the warriors.

His brother is also at the Eels.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

9. KPWarrior
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

KPWarrior 1st Grade Fringe

Cheers PB! Always good to have a bit of an insight, like his attitude to defence, hope he cracks a starting spot early on, at least there's some competition for spots.

10. Magic Stick
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Magic Stick 1st Grade Fringe

Manu should fight Folau in F4L...Give that aussie rules poof a hiding

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  11. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

Aye. Be good to have everone pushing harder. :)

BTW, he said he was signed for 2 years. Forgot to mention that.

• List
  12. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

can play either comfortably. i see him as a centre who can play wing, sort of like tate can. I think he is a very good signing and will probably end up with a wing starting spot ahead of tupou and fish imo.

• List
  13. Keano16
    Join:
    Oct 6, 2012

Keano16 Waterboy

The Folau development is interesting. I personally can't see Demetriou allowing GWS to release Folau without some sort of clause against him playing for an NRL team anywhere near the GWS catchment. As someone in a similar business I feel it would be incredibly naive and remiss of the AFL to think Folau turning out for the Eels would not damage what little goodwill there is around the GWS brand. And bear in mind GWS is funded from the AFL so Demetriou will have a say. I am picking Folau for somewhere other than Parra or Penrith at the very least. Having said that I am wrong about quite a bit so the wife keeps reminding me.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  14. ajofbrisbane
    Join:
    May 17, 2012

ajofbrisbane 1st Grade Fringe

Melbourne or Auckland...... I can't see AFL letting him stay in Sydney & all QLD teams wouldn't have the room in the cap.

15. eX | Machina
    Join:
    Jun 20, 2012

eX | Machina 1st Grade Fringe

Newcastle or Canberra?

16. Warriorholic
    Join:
    May 4, 2012

Warriorholic 1st Grade Fringe

He's been hanging out with the warriors boys a lot lately, they post pics with him on twitter all the time, I'm not saying we hav signed him but would love to connect the dots

17. Pete
    Join:
    Oct 3, 2012

Pete 1st Grade Fringe

Why cant we just make Folou an offer he cant refuse. A star signing would spark up the optimism, ticket sales, kids playing numbers and our win percentages. I pity the fullback challenging Folou and Big Manu in the air for a bomb. Eye on the ball hell be saying and then bracing himself and forgetting to jump. Try Karmichaels agent..who knows. If not then raid rugby for some of the sevens stars that are unwanted. Try them out in the Vulcans on low money an maybe they make it. Nothing to lose if we have cap money to spare. Melbourne paid one of their starting props 50 g for the year which isnt much at all. Maybe we should try a few promising players on the same. Roll the dice in the lower levels. Offer a few big Fijian sevens players a scholarship.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  18. ashnizzle
    Join:
    Sep 18, 2012

ashnizzle Warriors Bench Player

lets hope we land him and couple others

19. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

The only way I can see Folau signing with us is if we make him our highest paid player by a long way, and he wanted to avoid the media circus that'll follow him over the next while. Can't see him being overly worried however, he's been through it already with his initial switch. There have been plenty of players who have gone to union and returned to league, this will be no different. Halfway through next year he'll be back in a QLD jersey and noone will care. A Sydney club seems the most likely, Broncos sound like they've just maxed their cap with Prince.

20. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Falau was pushing Inglis and Hodges for the mantle of best attacking Center in the game before he left the storm.

He has never really reached his full potential for mine , some very very lucky club will get this guy and it would be a perfect signing for the outside back lack of Xfactor at the moment.

Falau could be so many things at the Warriors......Great Winger outside of Hurrell or Neilson. Great Center paired with Vatuvei.....the mind Boggles.

I'm not going to bag the Club if they don't get him because this time i really believe recruitment will try their hardest.

Simply because with Falau they get a MArquee Center and Winger in one.