Internationals General Kiwis News

Discussion in 'International/Representative League' started by mt.wellington, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington DIE FOR TONGA Contributor

This is for items about the Kiwis team that doesnt warrant its on thread but may still be of interest to forum members.

Such as...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view. Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Australia v New Zealand
    Canberra Stadium
    April 19th 7:45pm

2013 NRL Club Ticketed Members will today have the chance to purchase tickets at a discounted price for the first ever Rugby League Test featuring Australia and New Zealand in Canberra, ahead of their sale to the general public on December 19.
    Tickets for the Test at Canberra Stadium between Four Nations champions Australia and World Champions New Zealand are on sale to Ticketed Members today until 9pm tomorrow Wednesday, December 12.

In addition to normal entry tickets a Roo Crew supporter section is available for the loudest and proudest Kangaroos supporters. Tickets in this section are inclusive of an exclusive Roo Crew t-shirt and flag.
    The Test kicks off at 7.45pm on Friday, April 19 2013, with tickets available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or at Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

In order to take advantage of this exclusive pre-sale window and prices please enter the below password on the Ticketek event sales page:
    NZW81000

Members Prices
    Price Category Adult Junior Family
    1 $70.00 $60.00 $220.00
    2 $50.00 $45.00 $155.00
    3 $35.00 $30.00 $105.00
    Roo Crew $50.00 $45.00 $150.00 Inclusive of t-shirt and flag
    *Junior (4-15yrs), Family (2 Adult and 2 Juniors)

Ticketed Club Members: 10am Tuesday December 11 until 9pm Wednesday December 12.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

2. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

This from the WTF file

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

No way! Would crack me up to see Mason do the haka though...

3. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

I look forward to the day where players like Mason, who are eligible for more than one country, play for the country they ultimately want to, irrespective of the influences from outside that of his kainga.

4. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

I respect Willie Mason's accomplishments in the game but one area where the Kiwis are stock piled is in the prop department I'm still gutted the NZRL never chose James Tamou to represent our country when they had the chance to select him.

5. Bouncy Meatballs
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2012

Bouncy Meatballs Warriors Bench Player

In their defense he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he was in the 4 nations squad.

6. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

I would say Sam McKendry never set the world on fire either yet he's always chosen just goes to show the selectors make poor decisions sometimes! James Tamou was always going to be a standout player in both tests he's played against us he's been the most damaging player.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  7. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

I could see Gallen or Thaiday mouthing off and then Bam! Shoulder charge from Pritchard and then sent to the bin cos thats illegal.

8. BA-AD Luck
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

BA-AD Luck 1st Grade Fringe

Shoulder Charges are legal in the International Game. They haven't changed that rule yet.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

9. shuffle
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

shuffle 1st Grade Fringe

Really?? I thought it was across all forms! Is it still legal in Super League and State of Origin??

10. BA-AD Luck
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

BA-AD Luck 1st Grade Fringe

Illegal in State of Origin, and as far as I am aware of it is still legal in Super League. This is only an ARLC decision not a World Decision.

11. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

Could get a little confusing for the players considering NRL banned the shoulder charge but if it's still legal in ESL does that mean the RLWC next year held in England will allow shoulder charging?

12. AntMan
    Join:
    Jan 1, 2013

AntMan Waterboy

Some of you guys are aware that a part of the crowd is called the Roo Crew - basically the Kangaroos official supporters group.

Has anyone ever thought about doing something similar for the Kiwi's?

13. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  14. Ranger
    Join:
    May 23, 2012

Ranger 1st Grade Fringe

Benji's had the captaincy taken off him. New captain named tomorrow. Sounds like he was still keen to keep it but Kearney wanted pressure of captaincy off him.

Strange time to announce it.

15. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

My bet is that it's a Warrior, hence the announcement in Auckland. The only Warrior who is a guaranteed selection is Mannering.

Congratulations Simon.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  16. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Raurimu Massive 1st Grade Fringe

It'd have to be him, wouldn't it? Couldn't see any other Kiwi even coming close, Warrior or not.

17. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Shane Endicott :D

• List
  18. fanrrior
    Join:
    Apr 10, 2012

fanrrior 1st Grade Fringe

It would have to be either Mannering or Smith wouldn't it?

• List
  19. mode81
    Join:
    Jul 25, 2012

mode81 1st Grade Fringe

^^ Never really thought about Smith, could well be him too..but it's a huge endorsement of Mannering's captaincy if he becomes Kiwi captain, just goes to show after all the controversy that Cleary made the right decision all those years ago to appoint Mannering as Warriors captain because he's definitely grown into the role and now seems to be a natural leader.

• List
  20. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

I don't think Mannering should be Kiwi's captain. Not yet anyway. Jeremy Smith is the obvious choice in my opinion.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List