General Discussion General Warriors News

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 14, 2013.

1. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Keep the Blind Hope...

2. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

1995Warriorsfan Player Agent

I thought I would have a look to see what new NRL shows that Sky NZ would be showing this year.

With the new 24 hour NRL Channel on Fox I thought Sky might have picked up a new show or 2. From what I can see it is just the same as last year.

Anyway, below is a list of the shows for 2017.

Shaun Johnson: Across The Mekong� (G) (A one off documentary)

Monday 27 February8:30 PM - 9:30 PMSKY Sport 2Channel 052

Monday Night With Matty Johns (G)

Monday 27 February10:30 PM - 12:00 AMSKY Sport 2Channel 052

NRL 360 (G)

Tuesday 28 February8:30 PM - 9:30 PMSKY Sport 2Channel 052

Sterlo: On The Couch (G)

Tuesday 28 February9:30 PM - 10:30 PMSKY Sport 2Channel 052

NRL 360 (G)

Wednesday 1 March8:30 PM - 9:30 PMSKY Sport 3Channel 053

NRL Footy Show (G)

Thursday 2 March11:40 PM - 2:10 AMSKY Sport 4Channel 054

The Late Show With Matty Johns (G)

Friday 3 March12:00 AM - 1:00 AMSKY Sport 2Channel 052

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

brucebruce will you be watching this with your neighbours???

4. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

So NRL 360 is only on two nights. Sweet I get a night off from league related shows to watch/free up space on my MySky to prepare for the games on the weekend.

League channel or not it would be cool to have some classic games screened every so often. Last time I was in Australia they had that on Fox.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

My neighbours are Chinese and have never been to Laos...and yes I will be watching it...looks like an interesting doco...it is a beautiful country, especially since it has had so many bombs dropped on it...more than Europe in WWII.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  6. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

was the warriors team poster in todays herald or perhaps another paper

i completely forgot until now. usually comes out the week before kick off i think

i have every poster since 2002, would hate to miss out on one

• List
  7. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 Warriors Bench Player

Is the SJ doco being shown in Aussie?

8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I don't know but you could probably get it on Sky on demand on the internet.
    Here is a trailer from the NZ Herald:
    Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Warriors' star Shaun Johnson's family return to Laos

9. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

In today's Sunday NZ Herald there was one. It was in NRL magazine that they put out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • List
  10. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

I got a voucher in the mail saying free herald delivery for 4 weeks or maybe a special deal for 4 weeks. My reaction was I can read it online, it's more paper to chuck into the recycling and I don't have time to read that before or after work. But it would have been damn useful to get the Warriors paper I have managed to miss the last 4 years or so.

Last few years I Keep thinking when I do the shopping on the weekends coming up to the start of the season to watch out for it. I keep forgetting.:banghead:

2015 was a good excuse as I was busy painting our new house all weekend for the weeks leading up to the season.

A few years back was great I was either being given it at work or through a friend of my wife's. It was like magic every year where that poster was ending up in my hands ready to go on the wall in the garage. Read the above line; I've moved house this one must not have the magic.:(

Just got a new garage built and all of the posters are old besides a few RLW ones saved up last year while waiting for the build.

Looks like I'll be doing a 9pm dash to the supermarket.;)

• List
  11. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

you say tomato and I say tomato..

12. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

Well that was a waste of time. Rushed down had to circumvent the roadworks that started tonight which I forgot about the detour and then the crazy lady driving out of the exit giving me the evils.

All for a little magazine. Even the squad posters for first grade and the 20s were little one pagers instead of foldouts.

Don't say I'm not committed to the cause but I'll wait for our side to feature in the RLW poster of the week.

13. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Pics or it didn't happen ... ;)

14. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

no fold outs !! arrgghhhh that suxs !!

years and years of big posters and now we get littlet tiddlers..whats up with that

i thought the club had plenty of cash, we hardly bought any players, should have plenty left over for a couple of fold out posters LOL !!!!

who is the tight a@# haha

15. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

spoke to someone at Warriors HQ.

they believe the poster will be out this coming weekend as they didnt have any in the office.

• List
  16. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

Previous owner of the Warriors has passed away.

Well-known public relations guru Malcolm Boyle dies
    3:44 PM Tuesday Feb 28, 2017

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Known as Midge or Big Bird to his friends, Malcolm Boyle previously co-owned the Warriors league team and was a major player in New Zealand's public relations sector. Photo / File.

Public relations guru and long-time league supporter Malcolm Boyle has died. He was 66.

Boyle, known as Midge or Big Bird to his friends, previously co-owned the Warriors league team with Graham Lowe and was a major player in New Zealand's public relations sector.

Growing up in Glen Innes in the 1960s, Boyle lived in a state house and attended Tamaki College.

He started out as a journalist at the Auckland Star, working in the general, sports and court rounds before moving into PR.

He worked with several companies including Rothman's Sports Foundation and Air New Zealand before launching Baldwin Boyle Group (BBG) with Brenda Baldwin in 1981.

According to Baldwin, he was an imaginative, creative man with a great sense of humour.

"He was gregarious and had a huge array of friends and colleagues whom he kept constantly entertained," Baldwin said.

"He had a remarkable quality to be at ease in any circle. You could sit him down with the Queen of England for lunch or he would be equally at ease with a street kid hanging out under the Grafton Bridge," she said.

"He often joked with me that "you can take the boy out of Glen Innes, but you can't take Glen Innes out of the boy," Maybe that was the secret."

One of his most well-known successes was the company's coup in winning the Singapore Airlines account which saw Boyle move to Singapore for 18 months.

This was a major deal for a New Zealand company, although friends say this wasn't a surprise.

"He had a magnetic kind of personality, he was just very personable and had a great rapport with everyone he knew," said Warriors communications manager Richard Becht, who had known Boyle for almost 45 years.

"He was exceptionally quick witted and knew a lot about everything. Just a very clever man and a wonderfully warm human being," he said.

"I can't value him highly enough as a friend, just the greatest mate I could have."

Following his time with BBG, Boyle took up the role as managing director at PR firm Porter Novelli for four years.

When his contract at the company ended, he and chairman Cedric Allan founded Star PR.

Over more than 40 years in the industry, Boyle founded three highly successful consultancies.

"Malcolm was hugely well regarded, not only in the PR industry but in the wider sphere of communications and journalism," said Allan.

"He was very affable and extremely polite and courteous in his dealings with people. He was very competent and confident, you won't find anyone who will say a bad word about him."

According to Allan, if Boyle could describe heaven it would be at a barbecue with some of his best mates and his family, a glass of red wine in his hand and a State of Origin game on.

"His values centred around his family and friends and it was quite common for Malcolm to do work for various organisations on a pro-bono basis," Allan said.

As well as his work, Boyle dedicated his time to sport - golf and cricket, but mainly league - his life's passion.

He spent numerous years playing league for different teams at senior and premier level, including in Australia, with his passion ultimately leading to him buying the Warriors with Graham Lowe in 1998.

Boyle was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia several years ago, eventually forcing him to retire from his last role at Star PR in April 2012. He spent his last years with friends and family, including his wife Helen, daughter Nicole, sons Tim and David and three grandchildren.

The Vodafone Warriors will pay tribute to Boyle on Sunday when they play the Newcastle Knights.

- Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  17. 1995Warriorsfan
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

The team poster will be in tomorrow's Hearld on Sunday.

• List
  18. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  19. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

Hopefully I'll remember. Mind you after the fuss last week ringing around I'll probably end up with 2 or 3.

They should of had an effect like standing on water or gladden with a reflection so it looks like they are standing above a line.;)

20. Jay M
    Join:
    Sep 25, 2012

Jay M Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Anyone in Aus need that herald on Sunday paper? tajhaytajhay gREVUSgREVUS

I'll probably grab a couple of extras and happy to post them over to you guys if needed.

• List