General Discussion General Warriors News

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 14, 2013.

1. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

thanks Jay, i have a guardian angel sending me a copy already

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List

2. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

LOL ! What the hell is up with the look on Issac Luke face in that photo ? It's the sort of look a parent gives when they finally decide to take their young kids to Zoo for day and first animals they see in there are fucking each other ! Dude !

o_O

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  3. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Send one to the Titans ATTENTION : K. Hurrell

4. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

for all train spotters out there, possible conspiracy theory or just a coincidence

i was hanging up my 2017 warriors poster in my garage where i have all of them since 2002, and noticed, all the posters from 2002 through to and including 2011 were all the old school sit down, hands on knees photo. 2012 through to now are all stand up, stange posing etc haha

i then clicked, we havent made the play offs since we went away from the old school photo, these stand up poser photos have killed out mojo lol

Better have a word to mooks to get the boys to do a traditional team photo next year and get back to winning ways

that just blew my mind hahahahaha...or maybe it was the mary jane lol !!

5. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

What size is it?
    2012 is the greenstone one?

6. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

Key NZ racing administrator lured away by Warriors
    Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.
    Cameron George. Photo / File.
    One of New Zealand's key racing administrators has been lured away by the Vodafone Warriors.

And Ellerslie chief executive Cameron George says he would like to see New Zealand racing make the tough calls in order to fulfill its potential.

George is moving to the Warriors, where he has been on the board for two years, to take up the fulltime role as Chief Operations Officer.

A lifelong rugby league fan, George will leave a big hole in New Zealand racing with his experience as a chief steward both here and in his native Australia before his move into administration at Ellerslie.

"I'll always love racing but I also love league and a chance to join the Vodafone Warriors in a role like this was too good an opportunity to pass up," he told the Herald.

George leaves with Ellerslie in a strong position, with three $1million races programmed for next season and overall stake levels high.

"I love this place and I'm proud that the efforts of a lot of people have seen our stakes rise significantly over the last five years," says the 41-year-old.

"Our focus has been ensuring we could maximise our commercial activities off the track so we could return money to our core business -- racing.

"We have been able to do that through property, the Ellerslie Events Centre, the golf driving range inside the racetrack, even things like the Popup Globe season we have had here and the car fair every week.

"All those things create revenue that goes back into racing."

Ellerslie has developed a reputation as one of Auckland's party hubs over summer, with its twilight meetings proving hugely success, none more so than the Karaka Million in January.

"We are very proud to be able to hold such a huge race meeting in conjunction with New Zealand Bloodstock and I'm thrilled knowing how big it is going to be next season."

George also takes pride in the consistency of Ellerslie racing's surface, especially during the busy summer season, at a time when some tracks around the country are struggling.

But after a decade at the top of New Zealand racing, George is adamant tough decisions need to be made.

"We need strong leadership now more than ever, people who can make the big calls.

"I think racing has been guilty for too long as just going along with what we have always done.

"Anything that can improve the industry should be open to discussion and put on the table.

"And we need to get the funding model right so money can be invested in the areas where it will generate the best returns for the whole industry."

- Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• List
  7. BiggerD
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

BiggerD 1st Grade Fringe

This article in Todays Sydney Daily Telegraph is a bit embarrassing for the club
    by Paul Rothfield no less.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Monday Buzz: Woeful New Zealand Warriors holding back NRL
    Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
    May 21, 2017 9:45pm

THE NRL needs to start asking some tough questions about the New Zealand Warriors and what they bring to the competition. Right now they are holding back the rest of the game.

A check with Fox Sports reveals the Warriors have been a ratings disaster on the network this year.

Only the Newcastle Knights have had fewer viewers, but they’ve had worse timeslots.

This was supposed to be the year the Kiwi team emerged as a genuine premiership threat.

Any side with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback, the steadying influence of Kieran Foran at five-eighth, Shaun Johnson at halfback and Issac Luke at hooker should be a top-eight side.

Throw in the biggest junior nursery of any of the 16 clubs and there are no excuses.

Add a new coach in Stephen Kearney who, despite limited success at his previous club Parramatta, had a great record with the Kiwi Test team and understands the Polynesian culture.

Still, their last 120 minutes of football has been nothing short of disgraceful.

The Warriors have been a disappointment so far in 2017.
    They didn’t score a point in the second half against the Panthers and then were flogged 30-14 by St George Illawarra on Friday night.

The individual performances of Johnson and Tuivasa-Sheck were embarrassing.

Two players who are soaking up $2 million of the salary cap yet can’t even get the basic skills right.

Forward passes, dropped balls, knock-ons and shocking fifth-tackle options.

This team is seriously bad for the game. The Warriors’ matches in Sydney are always poorly attended.

Rugby league fans want to see a contest more than anything else at the grounds or on television. What was dished up on Friday night was unwatchable.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has been well below his best.
    The same with the second-half capitulation against the Panthers.

Throw in the lopsided Brisbane-Wests Tigers debacle and it was the worst Friday night of football I can recall.

So what’s the Warriors’ excuse for being such a debacle? We can’t blame the team management because its chief executive Jim Doyle is better qualified than any other CEO to be running a football operation.

Last year Kiwi legend Graham Lowe caused a furore by questioning what he described as the “bro’’ culture that exists within the club.

“There’s a hard edge that has been missing for, basically, forever,” he said.

The Warriors were flogged 30-14 by St George Illawarra.
    A ruthless edge. And not just on the field.

“There’s a ‘bro’ culture that is obvious and unacceptable. That culture is in place of that hard edge. It’s just soul destroying.”

Despite the criticism he received at the time, Lowe’s comments were on the money. If this was a Sydney-based team the media would be all over it.

Questions need to be asked at NRL management level. Like the A-League soccer is doing with the Wellington team.

Would a second Brisbane team bring more to the NRL competition? Or a side in Perth? Anything would be an improvement on what the Warriors are offering at the moment.

8. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

It's just a ploy to have Sky renege its rights to broadcast here and the NRL to give us the 'NRL PASS'. Then in 2018, BOOM!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

9. Tylz
    Join:
    Apr 25, 2015

Tylz 1st Grade Fringe

That would be awesome! I use the NFL game pass and it's by far the best sporting experience/product I have ever brought.

Admittedly the yanks do one hell of a job promoting there game.

• List
  10. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

A picture tells 1000 words.

Trust the process, and grab the arm? I don't think so.

Anyone who understands both Polynesian culture and western culture knows that the Islanders way is vastly inferior to Western Civilization and guys coming from the Polynesian world need to be surrounded by westerners if they are going to become first class professionals.. How else are they going to learn? Not by asking their dox or uso what the alien palagis are up to surely.

• List
  11. Toopi is King
    Join:
    Mar 20, 2016

Toopi is King 1st Grade Fringe

Hate to be a doomsdayer, but this is why we need to fix the problem pronto, this is just the start of the constant barrage of shit that will be thrown at us until we pick up our game. We all know that there are 4 other teams at present trying to get into the NRL and the NRL only want to include 2 more into the comp. The more that this article spreads the more pressure will be applied to the NRL and ultimately the fans will have their say, too much to risk with the Sponsors not to listen to the Aussies.

We need a tough coach, I don't care who and I don't care how, just get in a coach that is not afraid to stick it to the management and to the top players and know the direction they want to head and get there regardless. Otherwise it really will be LETS GONE WARRIORS

• List
  12. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Not going to defend them this time, apart from the bro culture thing – its more a culture of stealing money from their owner, the fans and from the NRL, not exclusive to bros.

13. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Tim burgess 1st Grade Fringe

The Warriors will never be cut loose by the NRL. Revenue is generated by rights to Sky and numbers potential dive without the Warriors.

Plus the Warriors only need to be competitive to have strong viewing figures.

Phil Rothfield only flag his rubbish based on a weeks worth of footy, what are the figures over the last 5 years.

Also, Warriors play an important part regarding Perth.

Any games player over in WA always attracts massive crowds due to the kiwi expects following the team.

• List
  14. davo
    Join:
    Apr 29, 2016

davo U20's Player

We can only hope that our "athletes" will be stung into action as the critism mounts.. Otherwise it's freefall. Can this squad recover?

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    • List
  15. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

They've played three bad halves imaging being a Newcastle Knight fan, looks like they will get the third straight wooden spoon. It's a looong season as Jarryd Hayne would say.

• List
  16. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah, but the difference is the Knights have a team of no names that try their guts out every week. There's more pride in that than a team of 'superstars' dogging it week in, week out. They're also showing clear improvement this year.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  17. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

Oh Gawwwd, I don't even know where to begin with this rubbish - let's have a looksy shall we....

Monday Buzz: Woeful New Zealand Warriors holding back NRL
    Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
    May 21, 2017 9:45pm

THE NRL needs to start asking some tough questions about the New Zealand Warriors and what they bring to the competition. Right now they are holding back the rest of the game. The NRL owns three clubs because they are effectively insolvent, but do tell how the Warriors are holding back the rest of the game.

A check with Fox Sports reveals the Warriors have been a ratings disaster on the network this year. Only the Newcastle Knights have had fewer viewers, but they’ve had worse timeslots. - Well... Being a subscription model ratings don't matter. Aaaand 8 of our games have been played in the Sydney local time of 6.00pm Friday, 3.00pm Saturday, 2.00pm Sunday - Coincidentally the three time slots that receive the lowest ratings.

This was supposed to be the year the Kiwi team emerged as a genuine premiership threat. No Phil, next year is our year. Next year is always our year.

Any side with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at fullback, the steadying influence of Kieran Foran at five-eighth, Shaun Johnson at halfback and Issac Luke at hooker should be a top-eight side. Well can't really dispute this point - But I think any team starting Charlie Gubb at prop shouldn't be a top 8 side.

Throw in the biggest junior nursery of any of the 16 clubs and there are no excuses. - Say what! The biggest junior nursery of any club in the competition. Phillip please lay off the Gunja.

Add a new coach in Stephen Kearney who, despite limited success at his previous club Parramatta, had a great record with the Kiwi Test team and understands the Polynesian culture. - Don't really get the point here, I mean I know he's trying to make a point about the racial make up of the squad but has pussied out.

Still, their last 120 minutes of football has been nothing short of disgraceful.

The Warriors have been a disappointment so far in 2017.
    They didn’t score a point in the second half against the Panthers and then were flogged 30-14 by St George Illawarra on Friday night.

The individual performances of Johnson and Tuivasa-Sheck were embarrassing. Two players who are soaking up $2 million of the salary cap yet can’t even get the basic skills right. -But you just said we should be in the 8 because of these guys. Now they don't have the basic skills?

Forward passes, dropped balls, knock-ons and shocking fifth-tackle options. - That does sound like the Warriors though

This team is seriously bad for the game. The Warriors’ matches in Sydney are always poorly attended. - All Sydney Rugby League matches are poorly attended Phil. Last nights flagship game between the Bulldogs and Roosters drew 15,000. But heaven forbid you decide to use fact such as games in QLD, Perth and Melbourne always drawing a crowd.

Rugby league fans want to see a contest more than anything else at the grounds or on television. What was dished up on Friday night was unwatchable. I love this point, in fact we could even go further as to suggest teams aren't artificially weakened by their best players playing origin.

Throw in the lopsided Brisbane-Wests Tigers debacle and it was the worst Friday night of football I can recall. Australia being up 30-0 over the Kiwis a couple of weeks ago was worse.

So what’s the Warriors’ excuse for being such a debacle? We can’t blame the team management because its chief executive Jim Doyle is better qualified than any other CEO to be running a football operation. - Are they a debacle? The Knights have won 3 of their last 45 games Phil.

Questions need to be asked at NRL management level. Like the A-League soccer is doing with the Wellington team. - Yes questions do need to be asked. Like how can we make other clubs like Newcastle that operate in their own market profitable.

Would a second Brisbane team bring more to the NRL competition? Or a side in Perth? Anything would be an improvement on what the Warriors are offering at the moment. - I don't know Phil, between peptides, dog humping, salary cap breaches, cocaine sniffing - Warriors are doing just fine.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 17
    • List
  18. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Great to see u still have the passion to defend them.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  19. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

The problem with this article is that the NRL has a false economy, the Salary cap may even teams up but the problem is that the majority of club arent generating enough to pay player wages. The Warriors are one of the richest but are unable to pay players because they are restricted by the Salary cap, in contrast teams like the Roosters keep on spending on player salary but aren't generating any revenue to justify their spending.

20. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

I'm at my wits end much like everyone else.

But that dribble is nonsense. Rugby League is facing enormous issues at the moment - The Warriors place in the NRL is not one of them

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List