Gerard Beale

1. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

It's a great problem to have.
    Injuries permitted I think he will be our bench utility or him and Hiku will share that role.
    Jazz only covers 9 and the forwards we need a utility back also.

2. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

I recon since they like having high impact and extra energy late, that they would get way more out of Kata coming on for that role than slowmo Beale riding the line probably not seeing as much game time as you would give a fired up Kata....yep good problems...no absolute wrong way to look at it.

The Sharks carried Beale as spare parts so what do I know...

Kearney more especially Cappy loves Kata....Kearney Loves Beale...cant wait for the decision to play out.

3. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

IMO Beale's only place in the current team and its current position is on the bench for Jazz Tevaga. Even that I feel is harsh on Jazz who has gone gangbusters since playing but I appreciate Beale may have a lot more experience to offer...

4. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Kata has a real opportunity to force selection over Beale. But I reckon Kearneys plan was always to have Beale at Left center to unlock Ken Maumalo's try scoring.

It's going to be an interesting contest between the two of them. Structure and timing over raw power and pace?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018 at 9:20 AM
  5. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

A great problem to have at the moment on how to fit an international into the side.

At the moment we are not desperate to bring him in. Or can we justify dropping anyone on performances.

To me after a long injury it doesn't matter how much running or training he does there will still be a bit of a mental hurdle. We saw the same with Johnson when he came back.

Sure he's expensive to have in the ISP Cup side but he can get some full 80 minutes under him. But we can then assess his performances against the starting side or debate where he could fit in.

A nice problem to have compared to where we usually are needing to rush guys back in due to lack of experience or the side is struggling.

A pity he isn't back a bit earlier. As we have a short turn around coming up. Could help ease the workload on bringing him in then.