Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by LoachNZ, Jul 17, 2012.
Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.
Will hops toping the list haha wtf
and no cam smith. apparently they couldnt calculate the value of the brown paper bags
Probably will return to the NRL via the Bulldogs which will reduce his 'apparent' salary by half.
No Manu Vatuvei our half million dollar plus player either.
This is a list of speculation on recent signings players of a talk back show accuracy and nothing else
I know this is only a speculation list, but did anyone else notice Inu appears on it three times. Are the Bulldogs back up to their old tricks and making multiple payments?
There are probably 2 hundred players who would be on that list had their contracts been discussed publicly. As mentioned above, only speculation. It will only be primary salary as well. No third party contracts will be included. I'm surprised to see any Storm players on that list. i would have thought their salaries would be very well kept secrets, so no one would notice the players living beyond their means. Mateo would be another Warrior who would be well up that list.
I often wonder if any player salaries are actually reported to the public, or whether all these dollar values we hear are straight speculation, and nothing more. I'm sure the players would not like their incomes disclosed publicly and they would not want players knowing what teammates are on. It would make it easier for them to negotiate payrises.
one is for the warriors so far this season, one is for dogs so far this season and the other is dogs for next 3 yeasr
We are paying him $250K this year and the Bulldogs are paying him the remaining $50K of his current contract, but will take over the full salary of $225K from next year (as you say, only speculative values though). If they hadn't agreed to that the Bulldogs could have forced the Warriors to cover some of next years salary as well, since he would still be within his Warriors contract timeframe.
Inu three times is certainly deliberate by the Author.
Its a simple list without that anomaly.
The Inu inclusion shows the vagaries of the Salary cap in all their ugliness
Darn, will there goes that conspiracy theory
They also list Cooper Cronk twice. I think the idea is so they can have the salaries in decreasing rank. Cronk has one listing at $625K for next year onward and another for $400K for this year. Inu appears 3 times as he is also listed in order of value. His $250K from the Warriors ranks higher than $225 for the Dogs next year, and obviously higher again than his $50K top up from the Dogs this year.
Nothing untoward in that, I don't think. But they could have been listed in the same lines, but the author would have had to make a decision on how to sort it.
Hopoate $850K a year at the Eels after his mormon mission. Good for him, unheard of being contracted even if not playing in the NRL for 2 years
So that's $765k In Hopoate's hands before tax.
The Church takes 10%. Mormons don't take that into consideration however....not the born into it ones.....the 10 % is the reason they get the other 90 % in their minds ( Gods blessings etc etc ) ....something people find hard to understand about Mormon payments.....because they don't factor in that Mormons like paying them....there is no competition to contribute more than the next person either.....since its a flat rate for all......
765K a year is still good in my books. If thats his beliefs then good for him he can do whatever. He must be getting blessed if he signed a 850K contract a year before he went on his mission. Maybe if Folau went on his mission he wouldnt be playing trainer in the AFL