House swap

Discussion in 'Social Forum' started by Defence, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Just putting it out there.... If anyone from the nth island (preferably but not necessarily outside of Auckland) or the northern end of the sth island would be interested in a house swap over New Years (we'd be open to Xmas as well) comment here or drop me a pm.

Oh yeah I live on the Gold Coast- close to Burleigh beach.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

2. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Thought of airbnb mate? We use that extensively when going on holidays (airbnb our place as well as where we are visiting). Get to stay in some truely amazing places dependent on budget.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Haven't heard of it- I'll look it up.
    We had a house swap organized in rotorua but it just fell through:(.

4. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Wow that sites awesome thanks tajhaytajhay

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

6. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Im sure you will find some really cool places on there. We have used it quite a lot all over, and going to use it extensively again on holidays from this weekend in Europe/Africa.
    Just check for the reviews first. Great to let your place out whilst on holidays too. Never had a bad experience, both hosting or getting a place out somewhere else.

Other good sharing economy businesses are really useful too:
    Uber - taxis but with friendlier drivers, better service and cheaper too. They have pretty good promotions running as well. For example myself and my wife got picked up in a limo twice to get taken to free dinner and drinks a couple of times in Brisbane last year. They had pickups in sports cars like ferrari, pickups in limos to sporting events, concerts, shopping sprees etc. Taxi industry can die for all i care with the monopolisation they have in Australia, which has resulted in a very subpar service.
    Airtasker - in Australia. Can get people to do tasks that you dont want to do/have time to do. i.e. Cleaning your place, setting up furniture, picking something up and dropping it somewhere.