General Discussion If Not The Warriors........Who Then?

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by FAN, Jul 17, 2017.

1. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

So some may say to early to call it, but my family and I have made up our minds for next season to support another club. As much as this pains us to do, we simply are far to passionate, and get way to emotional week in, and week out watching the Warriors heartless performances. We will miss following the boy's, but it really is time for a positive change.

This brings us to the question, who then? Before the warriors entered the comp, Manly was my team. Ridge, Toovey and Co were the club I followed. For some reason, I wouldn't support them now, not keen on DCE.

My question to you lot is, with 16 teams in the comp, including our beloved Warriors, who, if you had a choice, apart from the Warriors would you support.

For me, it doesn't have to be the best club at the top of the table, nor the best coach etc, it's more a club that plays with passion and pride for their jersey, and if I like one or more of the players. The Jersey IMO also plays a big part in it for me, I have to like the club colours and the jersey design.....I'm sure Mt Wellington can relate to that. :cigar:

Anyway, be honest, if you had to pick a club outside the Warriors, who would that be, and why......

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

2. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

FUCK OFF THEN lol...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • List
  3. Diesel
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Diesel 1st Grade Fringe

Don't agree with you but you should email JD with your thoughts

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  4. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I'll always support the Club.

But fuck me we need a clean out, big time...

5. demco
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

demco Warriors Bench Player

WESTERN REDS THEY were just as bad as the no show Warriors:eek::nailbiting::meh:

6. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

Our 9 year old wrote a letter, but we are yet to hear anything back yet.

• List
  7. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Cowboys or Raiders or Penrith.

Preferably a second NZ team.

• List
  8. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

If the Warriors suddenly went bust, I'd probably support Manly. I'd have to go for a team who wins the comp after following this bunch of fuckheads..

9. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Tim burgess 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors will always be my number One. I just cannot change allegiances.

However, Parramatta is my second choice team as their stadium is only a couple of Ks away.

However, I do like watching my footy at Penrith.

• List
  10. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

Come on Welly, no one can ever say your not the ULTIMATE WARRIOR through and through bro, but if this club wasn't in the comp, who would be your SECOND pick to support.

11. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Tigers.

They have the coach we should have kept.

A good stock of kiwis and Aussies including - Taylor, Lolohea, and Mutts.. players we didn't want to keep...

They're a bit like the Aussie version of us right now - struggling to find their feet.

If they turn it around next year, I'm be intrigued and pissed off at the same time....

• List
  12. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Warriors forever!:hilarious:

Then in September I follow the team with the most Kiwi boys, usually the Storm so all is not lost. Shame about the actual Kiwis though, they :stinkyfeet: ATM..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Honest I think this is worse than when Watson took over.

I have followed Manly since they played in Auckland in about 1958. They have a lot of Kiwi members, even from way back then. I will wait for the Warriors to fold first, and I sort of hold hope that the NRL will intervene because they cannot afford to lose the NZ market.

With the history of Eric Watson when the shite hits the fan he will be out the door and leave the mess to somebody else.

Pretty sad really.

• List
  14. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

its pretty sad we're having this discuss in Rd19..... what a failure of a season - and there's still over a month of this tragic season to go!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  15. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

TBH bruce, the Warriors will always be our family team, we have been here from the very start like most on here.

League is huge in our family, I played for 13 years for the very same club, my father played, and latter coached for. So like your last comment, we all think its very sad as well, but sometimes you just need a break and a fresh start. The main reason for us is just being really down and upset after the team plays, it really does cause a few arguments within our home lol...

We will always love the club, none of us are saying F this and F that, it's just what I think we need to do as a collective for now. When my boy came home from school upset, cause he is teased for wearing warriors gear to school, and asks if we can support another team, it pulls at your heart strings a little bit.

Anyway, not at all trying to upset the forum members what so ever, no one could ever question the Warriors fans true commitment and faith, we just need to, as a family, do what's best to keep a happy environment within our home, and was just interested in fellow forum members thoughts on a second team they may follow.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  16. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Oh. If the Warriors werent around Id go back to my original team the Panthers. Warriors will be the death of me though so I dont see it happening in my lifetime...

• List
  17. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

None in NRL, I'm a johnny come lately to the Warriors anyhow and have no connection or affinity with any other club in the competition.
    I follow two clubs in England, one RL and the other football. Neither have won the square root of f**k all since the 1970's so I'm used to it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  18. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

He's still there coming on 20 years. When we do won the GF and EW is still standing, I expect to see you on your knees polishing the shoes and all!

Provided you haven't kicked the bucket old man..

19. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

My other two rugby league teams outside of NZ Warriors are Gold Coast Titans and Canberra Raiders but honestly if there was another team in NRL that I would recommend somebody to support other than NZ Warriors I would say Parramatta Eels. Both have strong community following and staunch fanbase and both are powerhouse who are one missing piece away from becoming genuine premiership threat the only difference is Parramatta Eels have all their pieces together. Seriously I genuinely believe that those guys are about to become next Melbourne Storm so you're going want to support somebody else, go and support them ...

;)

20. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

First team I supported was the bears- couldn't support them now for obvious reasons.
    Then I jumped ship to the panthers when fittler hit the scene- Can't stand Gould these days tho.
    The titans would be my go to now. Live on the gc and go to a few games.

And FANFAN i don't for one second believe you'll be supporting another team next year. Preseason will change your mind- it's gonna be the best one ever ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List