General Discussion Jim Doyle - I'll quit Warriors if we don't improve

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by wallacenz, Mar 12, 2017.

1. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Still tajhaytajhay is right and the excuses for jumping at the sniff of money are reminiscent of the local bike
    Haha.. never said he wasn't upfront, but lacked faith and patience and jumped the gun..
    Give up brucebruce, Carlaw Park is in the past as is Cleary

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

2. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Sorry I'm not interested in arguing with you like an old married couple. Go ask your wife.

Btw, you're so moody recently Bruce.

Everything alright at home?

3. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

star plus?(chinese)

4. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

No - a very, very established firm .... one of the largest in NZ.

After being stung a couple of times with housing firms going under, let's just say I'm very weary of building companies I deal with now. Starplus approached me at one stage to design 15 houses for them. A couple of quick calls to two of their suppliers meant I didn't want to have anything to do with them.

I later found out a couple of Chinese subbies I know were doing work for them so I warned them about what I'd found out about Starplus - one got out in time, the other took the risk to stay and lost big time!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Raurimu Massive 1st Grade Fringe

Great article about why we flounder, and what it will take to fix the Warriors. No short term solutions or knee jerk reactions. One of the better articles I've read, posted it in here simply because JD resigning would be a shite move.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

From Dale Budge's article:

"The crowds have declined all season and you get the feeling less people are paying attention to the Warriors at the moment. Sponsorship revenue and gate takings are needed to help fund the improvements and so Doyle is left with a balancing act of weighing up the methodical rebuild with the risky notion of quick fix attempts."

That might be where JD is now but a fair question is when did the methodical rebuild start? The fans are freezing to death out in the rain.

7. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

We need more Aussies in the team Jim. It's like the basketball comp where they all have two American players. Any team that doesn't have a couple of players from the best basketball country on earth doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Our problem is the other 15 NRL teams are stacked with Aussies... We're stacked with Islanders who started out playing union. Of course we're losing...

It's nothing personal against Islanders. But we're not here for participation trophies. No more Polynesian dreams of conquering the NRL and putting the evil Aussies in their place please...

Losings getting boring...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    • List
  8. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

When SK and GODoyle signed Harris for Hoffman..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List

9. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

Releasing Lolohea, letting Mutts, Hoffman, Thompson (?) and Lillyman(?) go. You have to tear it down first before you rebuild

Some people here moan about how small our pack is and how it needs a clean out. Well, SK better start cleaning out the deck otherwise his rebuilding is simply a makeover.

I thought letting Lolohea go was a big call. It looked like he was going for a no dickheads policy. If he ends up signing Blair, it will be one step forward two steps back.

We'll be having the exact same discussion we had with Luke, but worse. He's 32 next year. Luke is technically still in his prime.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Mr Brownstone 1st Grade Fringe

Did Blair ever actually have a prime? I do remember being at Etihad Stadium in the game immediately post the Storm salary cap bombshell where he played a very strong game, however that was a long time ago now.

• List
  11. Evil_Mush
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Evil_Mush Warriors Bench Player

Cha-ching!

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  12. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

My favourite part of this thread are the Doyle nuthugger history revisonists who try to claim he never said this or didn't come out the way he actually meant it.

• List
  13. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

Yup and then accuse everyone else of being delusional or lacking objectivity

• List
  14. MXRecord
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2014

MXRecord 1st Grade Fringe

It was nice knowing you Doyle. :(
    Unfortunately, this for me is proof The Warriors cannot be fixed.
    Dump the club and start again.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Mr Brownstone
    Join:
    Nov 9, 2014

They can be fixed, however not by Doyle.

• List
  16. MXRecord
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2014

MXRecord 1st Grade Fringe

Nope. This club is fundamentally broken. Time to start again.

• List
  17. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Three years effort to culminate in a loss to the wooden spooners. Mainly through poor planning in that time. How can he be trusted to get it right. He definitely cannot fix it. If he stays he has to find a John Hart type, maybe even bribe Wayne Smith to come on board. I don't know but he has to find a football manager and tell Tony Iro not to sign anybody that cannot tackle. Sheesh that was pathetic tonight.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  18. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Turning this club around means Doyle has to do something he doesn't want to do, and that's fire half the people on the Warriors payroll...

He's in it for the community atmosphere, but you can't have that and win. You have to run a merit based system, and those systems don't make for nice family atmospheres....

So he can carry on enjoying the feel good factor within the squad, and ride the club into the ground. Or he can man up, swing the ax, and give us fans what we want. Surely the roar of the crowd will ease the pain?

Anyone who isn't in the club because they love the sound the crowd makes when we win, needs a new job. Probably be much lower pay, but there it is. Tough titties. Money isn't everything.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  19. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

Doyle came in way to late. 2011 should have been dawn not an end. Sex tape's, drug scandals, prison sentences, poor diets, now only 2 players from that grand final, remain, Mannering & Johnson with Matulino leaving and Lillyman likely leaving. Its embarrassing that Watson & Scurrah didn't care. Now they care, leaving Jim to fix this mess

• List
  20. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Not quite 100% true... Cleary still had a year to run on his contract when he left and I believe the issue was with the length of the contract rather than not offering him one, Scurrah is quoted as saying they were in negotiations to extend the contract when Gould aggressively went after his man.
    People forget when Clearly resigned we were 9th coming off 4straight losses and things weren't looking to rosey, we were looking pretty stale and you could see how a change looked appealing ( in hindsight a wrong decision) it was only a freak run and a quirk in the playoffs that got us to the grand final

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List