General Discussion Jim Doyle - I'll quit Warriors if we don't improve

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by wallacenz, Mar 12, 2017.

1. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Now we are 13th coming off 6 straight losses, they sure as hell fixed that then didn't they. :D
    Seriously though the elephant in the room was slowly starting to make its presence felt back then. I am sure John Hart could see that but believed Cleary was better placed to cope with it.

To be honest I was never a fan of football managers, or John Hart but since he left the void has been obvious.

Bennett has never needed one, but he runs the show anyway.

2. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

ejbrenu2 Warriors Bench Player

It's like threatening to eat your hat if you lose a bet. Then when you lose the bet, failing to acknowledge hats exist or you have a mouth. Doyle did say he would leave if this season was not a success well I still fancy us getting the spoon.

I would accept a Knights rebuild, at least you could see what they were doing, we live one season to the next hoping to sign a player that brings this magic 'culture'. News flash Doyle and Mooks, a culture is created, not bought, you can sign all the ex Storm players you want but without the right environment created by the coaching staff it will never exist.

And you wonder why the players play with no confidence, well it's because season after season, under Elliot and Crappy they were told they were lazy, reckless, stupid, poor with their hands. Really it is this shite style of footy that just doesn't fit the players culture and for that fact, most fans. I didn't get up at 5:30 am to watch a cure for insomnia, I wanted entertaining.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. theleagueguy
    Join:
    May 9, 2015

theleagueguy Warriors Bench Player

The core of young players we currently have is a core that we hope will lead us to a title. The likelihood of this happening is more likely now with the right amount of resources being put into them. Unfortunately with young players losing is going to happen. Just look at Mark Graham when he brought in the young core of players that became the nucleus for our Grand Final team. Even the Roosters have had some lean years developing young players, even though they have been to the same amount of Grand Finals as the Storm.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

I know this isnt the "If I was CEO" thread, but I am not bothered. But if I was Jim, I would have changed that Warriors logo firstly. I am just a superstitious Maori - but with the new, everything is new. I would have stayed with a Maori logo to acknowledge the fact that without a few hardy poms, convict Aussies and marginalised Maori there would be no league in NZ full stop. I would also recognise that the Warriors are not an island. Though we play in an aussie comp we are New Zealanders. So my strength, my players predominantly though not entirely must be from New Zealand. Not being an island I would realise the nzrl must be my mates as are the expat nzders in aussie. Theres heaps of them. Willingly dropping their kids off to other clubs they think are worthwhile. Honestly, recruitment takes care of itself at all levels when you include people. Why is there a need for an NFL ex coach on the board? I'll never understand. I am sure he is smart though. I think EW deserves alot of praise for flying the flag so long but he shouldnt have done it so long on his own. Old hurts let go new plans made new friends made thatd be part of my plan as Warriors CEO.

And now I am getting stupid but I remember what my grandfather told me. He, with his cousins founded Turangawaewae Rugby League Club. He said, you can't move forward unless you take everybody with you. Maybe that is the problem, we suck at leaving anybody behind.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  5. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Bloody good question. He doesn't seem to be having any effect.
    Kia Ora sister.
    Suits wouldn't understand that, they wouldn't care either.

6. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

You are right Bruce. Reading your posts I see you are as respectful of history I am. So what would you do about it? He aha - sometimes radical makes change more swiftly then conservative

And actually, Uncle Jim and my Aunty founded the Upper Hutt Tigers - from whence a few Kiwis came. Kevin Tamati is still a good lifelong friend of my Auntys and Uncles. These are just some memories of what many league people have. We are family. We were always there. Warriors need to remember us again.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • List
  7. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I have had the odd ale at the Tigers, way back when. The suits have no respect for history, some around here disrespect Carlaw Park as well. That is one thing about the Sydney clubs, they do respect history except for Norths, and Souths that is.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Hardyman's Yugo
    Join:
    Jun 2, 2017

Hardyman's Yugo 1st Grade Fringe

At the end of this season will he be giving Kearney the vote of confidence or will he be showing him the door?

• List

9. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Neither. He will be saying we have made progress in areas but it hasnt transferred to onfield results YET. And that he will be saying the idea would be to continue to make progress over the offseason and hoping for a better 2018 season. Like it or not, Kearney will be here at the start of next season in my opinion. This club cannot keep sacking coaches.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

They have made some progress, except on defence, which has been a Warrior problem for years and is gettting worse.

So they might play before reduced crowds, press criticism and embarrassment but they they cannot sack Kearney, because nobody half decent would want the job unless they paid a fortune, and Watson doesn't seem to have enough to pay a fortune right now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

They'll be 0-9 come the end of this season and you'll still be arguing theres progress.

But like SK said in his interview. It was never about winning. LoL!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

It all depends, if 1 step forward and 1 back is progress. A moot point your lordship.

13. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

The club has had opportunities to get decent coaches in before, but with each wrong move the window of opportunity has slowly closed. Have to lie in the bed that only this club can make.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  14. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Prior to me seeing the light about Doyle i.e. that he is full of bullshit I had assumed the decision not to take Cleary this last time was made after careful consideration by people who knew what they were doing.

The decision to sign him was obviously taken by people who didn't really know what they were doing, and probably still don't.

So yes, the bed is made, with smelly old sheets and the fans have to lie on it.

I used to take solace that at least we were better off than the Bulldogs, but that probably won't last either.

15. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

In JDs defence it wasn't him who converted the club into a junior development squad for the impoverished children of south Auckland.

Weather JD turns it back into a professional sports club again remains to be seen.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  16. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Who is responsible then?

17. RICHMAN
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2017

RICHMAN Warriors Bench Player

Bruce if you wife jumped into bed with someone else, would you take her back?, you would have thoughts in the back of your mind will it happen again ? in reality the same applies

• List
  18. MXRecord
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2014

MXRecord 1st Grade Fringe

Just face facts. The Warriors are a garbage team and will never be any good. Once we own up to that and align our expectations, we can move on and see them for what they really are, a bunch of also rans.

19. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Carlaw Park? Eric Watson? Jim Doyle? South Auckland? I thought you knew it all..

20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

Whoa!!! The Auckland Rugby League has a proud record going back over 100 years. Don't let 5 years of shit coaching, recruiting and management detract from that.
    It was a rhetorical question. The answer is ultimately Eric Watson.
    Good question, I used to think it wouldn't matter, being a new age sort of guy, but the reality is it it has happened once...so it will happen again.:(