General Discussion Keeping it positive

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Aug 11, 2017.

1. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

The tone of most threads so far have been very negative.

I thought it was worth starting a thread where people can come in here and talk about the positive side to the club.

This isnt a piss take.

I think it's important we dont spiral into a world of negativity.

So I'll start by saying the family culture that maybe holds us back as a club is also the one thing to be proud of as a club.

I saw in one of James Gavet interviews he said " be good to people"

It struck a cord with me.

Its so true.

They're good people our boys

They're not thugs, alcoholics, wife beaters or associate themselves with gangs. They're not in the news for all the wrong reasons like those aussies across the ditch.

Our guys value family. Respect their elders.

These are the type of people we should be supporting and encouraging.

The players are going through a hard time right now. Its not just the fans.

Its a whanau culture that makes us unique.

Remember that and keep positive.

Embrace it

Any feel good stories or opinions pls share in this thread.

Cheers

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 15
    • List

2. Pozza
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Pozza Warriors Bench Player

When you think all is lost and things can't get any worse pay a visit to the Dogs forum The Kennel.

There club is in turmoil and the fans are ready to riot. They club have committed to Sharon Woods and Foran
    (if they can get under cap) which means they have to off load some high profile stars.
    SK sounds like a word smith compared to the ramblings of Hasler

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  3. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

If there was ever a player I would want to role model myself both on and off the field its superman Simon Mannering. Just a top human being mentally and physically.

SJ would be the kind of guy I would want to party and travel with. The guy is just living life. Beautiful Mrs, great smile, $$$$. He would be a cool mate to have.

Maumalo and Kata. I'll have these two with me if I ever hit queen street on a late night. They'd have my back. Loyal to the bitter end.

I saw Hoffman at toys r us in Silverpark over Christmas standing in line just like a regular fella. Looks like a good bloke to have a beer with.

As much as we hate on all the players. As human beings. They're all good blokes.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Sarcasm dressed as Altruism..

You are 1 of the worst negative offenders of recent memory, it's understandable we all feel the pain of poor performances by our team.

But you're a dreamer to think anything you do he could be possibly comparable to James Gavet and what he does.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  5. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

absolutely. I am a harsh critic. probably the harshest. I'm not denying it.

but I am threading this to balance it. Its not sarcasm. If I wanted sarcasm I would post in every other thread here. That's easy to do. Its my specialty.

So tell us. What else does James do?

6. Warriorholic
    Join:
    May 4, 2012

Warriorholic 1st Grade Fringe

Start supporting the Storm or Broncos, its so much better for your health lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  7. YeahNah 4020
    Join:
    Aug 6, 2017

YeahNah 4020 Waterboy

Good call,

They are still our team and WHEN we finally do click it's the strong thick n thin fan base that played their part!

I say as many others have, we have and are a confidence team and when we are high on confidence, our unique physical and cultural DNA differs from other teams.

So many people in life say of one moment or one person and they changed their life for the better, same with our team.

We get that leader on field / off field to lead us, we work for each other and our style of play will get us to where we all want to go to!

Good idea for a thread

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  8. gpred
    Join:
    Sep 23, 2016

gpred 1st Grade Fringe

The thing that I love about the Warriors is that everything is stacked against us. Even the refs stick it up us.

So, if we ever win the competition, our victory would be sweeter than that of any other club.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 13
    • List

9. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

When Cleary was here I got great joy out of going down to different pubs
    an watching the games with random fans ,:happy:

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Whenever I get sad I think about the below moment -

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Well, if he ever read the negative shit you post he'd hit the bottle hard

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  12. 95 'til infinity
    Join:
    Jul 29, 2013

95 'til infinity 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome memories from that game...the Mrs and I were sitting amongst a sea of black and gold and when the try was awarded it was as if somebody died...apart from us and 1 other guy who was sitting about 3 rows up and another bloke who was behind us...we all jumped out in the aisle and started hugging each other like we were long lost family lol. I remember an older couple sitting there and the lady was crying, I felt real sorry for her so we didn't get too carried away. We waited until we got outside and then it was all on lol.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  13. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

Not at all trying to be negative, BUT really am trying hard to think of anything positive to say right now.

I guess for me, 2002 with Stacey scoring in the second half of the Grand Final was a time I try and go back to when things look pretty grim. The only problem to that is, it was so so long ago, with a team and coach far far different from what we have today.

Fingers crossed we get there again..........

EDIT.

Just thought of something that brings a huge smile to my face. Campion thumping the shit out of Shane Webcke....now that makes me smile !!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  14. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

I know that was a piss take but you might have a point there.

Our club suffers from the "good guys finish last" syndrome.

The question really is would you replace our boys with the Fafitas of the world (gang affiliations), or the dugans (alcoholic ) or wife bashers (fergerson) or dog shaggers (pearce).... the low life scum of Australian society basically ?

Gut reaction is yes! anything to win!!! but when you look at what a negative influence they are on kids and society as a whole.... i'm not sure its worth it..they can stay across and we keep our boys.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Evil_Mush
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Evil_Mush Warriors Bench Player

My memory of that Tigers game is our Sky cut out right at the start of the game (due to not paying bill on time oopsy!) & we rushed down to the local pub in Brooklyn Wellington and had a great old time. Then the following weekend attending the ABs pool game against France during the World Cup and racing back to the city straight after to find somewhere to catch the last 20 minutes of the Melbourne semi and being let into a private party on a boat after a couple of pubs didn't let us in on Viaduct.

Good times.

• List
  16. Jimi Jones
    Join:
    Jan 26, 2014

Jimi Jones 1st Grade Fringe

Gavet is a nice guy off the field ,seems to have faced his demons, We need more like that
    agree with what's being said about our team being good guys an am glad , Nice guys can finish
    first , I hope we can prove it

• List
  17. Bluecat again
    Join:
    Sep 30, 2012

Bluecat again Hopelessly hopeful Contributor

Phil Blake scoring our first try. I can still recall dancing around in front of the TV when he scored and I've been hooked ever since

I grizzle, I moan, I bitch, and I threaten to quit. But where it counts I love The Warriors

Loyal to the bitter end

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 18
    • List
  18. Evil_Mush
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Evil_Mush Warriors Bench Player

My positive for this year is more wishful thinking for next year, that Kearney is giving the current crew every opportunity to prove their worth (regardless of whether they have worth or not), and that the true changes will be rung in from 2018 when he is officially out of the "inherited squad" zone.

And as others have mentioned that he's leaving the ISP alone for the most part as they are killing it and our only chance for some finals action this year.

Also that I actually got to watch a game live this year (even if it was depressing at the time, being the Penrith / Manu tribute game), due to none being in Wellington.

• List
  19. Coops
    Join:
    Apr 16, 2013

Coops Warriors Bench Player

LOL! That was my air horn you can hear tooting in the background. Also my uncle came with me for the first time and had a heart attack in the carpark and a bypass operation after the game. Exciting times.

• List
  20. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

The amazing ride in 2002 all the way to the final. Going to each finals game and ultimately the decider. A year where we could beat anyone.

Seems so far away in all aspects.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List