General Discussion Keeping it positive

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by BeastMode, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

I agree with this sentiment. The quest for victory brings out the best in us. It inspires and motivates action beyond what most people believe they are capable of.

This is what sport is imo.

Play hard, play with respect, but most of all, play to win.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

BeastMode Warriors 1st Grader

So what happens when you're not winning?

This is the purpose of the thread.

To look at alternatives.

If winning isnt a realistic option you have to turn to alternatives to keep positive.

Once you shut off the mentality of thinking that winning is the be all and end all it does make a loss a little easier to handle.

Yeah we got our but kicked in the weekend but the offloads i saw gave me a lot of hope. The energy i saw from Ata, Lino and Roache was refreshing. Those precision short kicks. Very nice.

Keep positive (if only in this thread wink wink)

• List
  3. Viking
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Viking 1st Grade Fringe

Saw Nat Roache at my local club on Friday night supporting his younger brother for their mini team photo. He could've hidden away considering how the team are going but he's out there supporting grass roots, all good.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  4. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

, i feel good when i am moaning about the warriors, coming on here is like attending AA for me. knowing you are not the only loser is positive.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  5. drunk_monk
    Join:
    May 15, 2014

drunk_monk 1st Grade Fringe

These forums have helped keep me sane over the last 2 years, even when it gets angsty.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Here you go boys. Our maiden voyage into the NRL.

Rd1 1995 against the Broncos.

The hype train was off the roof at my house that night!

Check out that #11. SK!!!!

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  7. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

One of the best nights of my life, as I'm sure it was for a lot of others on here.

The atmos was like nothing I've experienced since. We seemed destined for success, and if not for that one fatal counting error we'd have made the finals in the first season and established a winning culture from the start.

I still watch it sometimes after a pathetic capitulation caused by a string of basic errors when we're leading. Then I remember we were leading the Broncs until big Gav Hill gave away an idiotic penalty that night.

In reality, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Our basic DNA is exactly what it always was. I'm not even sure why I'm a Warriors fan, it's obviously not because I want to back a winner. In fact I might lose interest if we ever dominate the comp some day, like Crusaders syndrome.

We positively suck, but it's usually not a boring ride. The latest Process has been the game-changer for most fans though, and ironically it could be this mind-numbing tedium that ultimately builds a winning team in a few years.

In attempting to be positive, I think I just had an insight into my true self; I'm a loser. And I follow the perfect team for me. Cheers BM

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

It sure was...but that ludicrous army shootout thing was surely a sign of things to come.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List

9. Tragic
    Join:
    Apr 27, 2016

Tragic 1st Grade Fringe

pita Sharples leading the haka lol

10. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I had no problem with that, and it probably cost a lot less than the military crap.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

Whatever else happens via our recruitment drive. Our best signing is Gavet re-signing. Gavet is the player we've missed the most lately. He brings fear and intimidation that Manu used to bring. I like Harris and Pulu and would love another forward but the Gavet injury is just as severe if not more than Johnson.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  12. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Saw Tony Taps (Tatupu) who now works for NZ Police, at my work a couple of days ago, i was wearing the club colours (got a challenge on with a mate to do the walk of shame at work every day till 2017 ends...so yeah that is as positive as you can get in a scrap happy job full of Alpha male Silver back Gorillas).

Any way back to Tony, he was cool, just said hey man....no Warrior comment....no attempt to say anything about the Warriors.

I said to my Work mates do you know who that is ?

Once I told them every man woman and dog had a Tony Tatupu memory....a shimy a step....an offload....a slicing run....

All things that are not relevant to the type of forward pack we have been conned into rolling out in this modern era.

The forwards are the 1st problem of the Warriors.

SO yeah I am positive that one day the organisation will target that area like the nineties and early two thousands.

13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

An immensely talented player, and a very fine man. Terrible alarm clock though, the Police have probably sorted that.;)

14. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

What a glorious few days its been in Auckland.

Beautiful weather.

Lets hope it doesnt turn on Sunday!

#kiwiproud

15. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Isn't Tony's kid signed with the Storm?

16. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

There's only two games left

17. BeastMode
    Join:
    Mar 7, 2015

Posted a few jokes earlier in this thread.

Got deleted by the mod response - " not positive enough"- a bit harsh brother?! Lol

Anyway, the season is over.

I really do want to take away some positives before i go off hybernating in the offseason...

And I think the only truely positive thing i can say this season is you guys, the mods and this forum

A fanastic well balanced and mature audience

Seriously this forum has given we so much opportunity to vent my frustrations and disappointments about this club.

So a huge thank you to you all for reading my bs

To have like minded people share similar experiences is also refreshing to read

This site has also saved me $$$

Rather than break the tv set, scream at the wife or rip a few t-shirts, i can come here and quietly scream at the top of my lungs without disturbing the neighbors

I've lost all my bookie cash $$$$ this year. Saved me losing real $$$$$ putting money on the Warriors!

And not getting banned once this season is also a massive achievement for me!!

So thank you Mt W, Taj and whoever lurks as a mod here

The fans, the likes, the funnies. All love people.

So bring on the finals!!

We're not in it (use to it now) but expect to see some quality footy being played.

Storm to win it all.

Keep it positive. Cheers.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List