Kemps Gooooone

Discussion in 'Vodafone Warriors' started by scotsman_old, Aug 24, 2009.

1. scotsman_old
    Join:

scotsman_old Guest

Denan Kemp leaves the Warriors to pursue his NRL career in Australia

By staff writers

August 24, 2009

Warriors winger Denan Kemp is returning to Australia after asking the club for a release from the second year of his contract.

Kemp signed from Brisbane Broncos last year, but has failed to establish himself as a first team regular.

“While I haven’t played as much NRL football as either the club or I would have liked, I have still enjoyed myself here. But in the end I really wanted the chance to go back home to try to establish myself," Kemp said.

Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said Kemp had been released with the club’s best wishes.

“While we’re disappointed Denan has asked for a release, we have reluctantly allowed him to go after only one year of his contract,” he said.

“We wish the season had worked out differently but we thank him for his efforts both on and off the field during the time he has been with us and wish him luck for the future.”

Kemp made 10 NRL appearances for the Vodafone Warriors, scoring a try and kicking 21 goals for a total of 46 points. His last match was against the Broncos on July 3.

2. Iafeta_old
    Join:

Iafeta_old Guest

The press release should read

Kemp made 10 appearances for the Warriors, received the ball in space 3 times and scored a try, should have had a penalty try or game turning sin binning in his favour, and botched one. It was an amazing signature that one, amazing try scoring record, clear talent, yet we ask him to be bash it up merchant from our own 20 and never release him into space. He'd never kicked a goal in his life at first grade level, so we decide to punt Mr 90% and give him a crack. Witt would have won us the games at St George (granted Denan didn't play), Melbourne and against Newcastle, which would have given us 5 extra points and maybe... just maybe a bit more freedom in the minds earlier in the season to play like we did yesterday.

All the best Denan, I honestly feel you were absolutely shafted here and I'm sure you will kill it elsewhere. Your problem son, too much like Cooper Vuna in that you had too much pace and agility and that was not a good thing for this club.

3. DanKokoro_old
    Join:

DanKokoro_old Guest

well said Iafeta.. well said

4. a.c.e_old
    Join:

a.c.e_old Guest

This is BS, the guy got a raw deal here, hope he goes on and gets back to that form, all the best. Although it should go without saying, he'll tank when up against the Warriors.

5. blain91_old
    Join:

blain91_old Guest

what will we do with his money? let go topou, and buy washed up heap webb? probably.

6. Magic Stick_old
    Join:

Magic Stick_old Guest

Its not a good look for the club...Players asking for early releases,Players getting released for no good reason...Its already hard enough for Warriors to recruit quality players now

Who is our back up winger if Manu or Locke go down in 2010....Ah Van ? you have got to be kidding Cleary

Good Luck Kemp

7. kingdamo_old
    Join:

kingdamo_old Guest

Realistically, Kemp was far too good to be playing as a backup winger Magic Stick.

8. Jesbass_old
    Join:

Jesbass_old Guest

Could.

I'm bewildered - I can understand Kemp's disappointment, (both at the limited opportunities to play first grade, and the limited opportunities while on the field), but the club's disappointment is what confuses me. There were times when I would have expected him to be a shoe in for selection, and he missed out to Ah Van.

As for what we'll do with his money...not much. We'll probably buy a pie and chips, but he was on so little, we wouldn't get much else.

9. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

Ok guys, now put your thinking caps on here......everyone think of the player in the NRL LEAST suited to our style of play. When we all agree on that player we'll all wait for the news that Ivan and uncle John Hart have signed that player.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  10. David Bragg_old
    Join:

David Bragg_old Guest

Kemp would have had a field day yesterday
    I will be pretty angry if we sign an Australian journeyman to take his place.
    Totally agree with everything Iafeta said.

11. kiwi man_old
    Join:

kiwi man_old Guest

i disagree with everything iafeta said.. locke did more in his debut with then kemp did in 10 games. kemp was consistently whinging, his defence was fairly ordinary and his goal kicking was pretty average.
    the reason ah van was used ahead of him was because he will be here next yr and kemp not. thats my guess anyway.
    at the end of the day who really cares? we lose nothing by kemp not being here.
    now days as a winger you have to have more bows up ur sleave then being a finisher.
    and against the broncos he had 2 golden oppurtunities to score and botched them. down on confidence or not he should have scored those.
    now we need to work on getting rid of more deadwood.

12. Norby_old
    Join:

Norby_old Guest

What he said.

Good luck to you Kempy.

13. ToiletDuck_old
    Join:

ToiletDuck_old Guest

God I hate our club sometimes...

14. Magic Stick_old
    Join:

Magic Stick_old Guest

Like Aidan Kirk ?

15. Viking_old
    Join:

Viking_old Guest

Are you kidding? He single handedly won us the game against the Roosters screaming across the field to Manu's wing to bundle Perrett into touch. Nobody in the team possesses the kind of pace to do that, not even Locke. Locke's confidence has been down the last month. Ah Van's missed tackle count was so bad in his last game, the NRL.COM match review gave him a serve.

That being said, it's better for him that he goes. We don't have the types of centres that will put him into space and he'd be blamed every time Ropati leaves him in nomans land.

16. playdaball_old
    Join:

playdaball_old Guest

I was watching Te Atatu play East Coast Bays in the weekend. The # 7 / scrum half for the Roosters kept on blinking , his name ... Patrick Ah Van.

17. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

Paddy was half back for the Roosters?

18. mrblonde_old
    Join:

mrblonde_old Guest

Hang on a minute.
    So the Warriors use Paddy as a centre/wing.
    The Vulcans use Paddy as a centre/wing.
    Yet a Bartercard Cup - I presume - side use him at halfback.
    Um....few questions, your honour.
    1: Why?
    2: If you accept that Patrick Ah Van has a future at the Warriors doesn't it make sense that everybody who gets him for whatever reason - Vulcans/Bartercard Cup - uses him in pretty much the way the Warriors do ie wing/centre.
    3: Am I the only one who doesn't see the name "Patrick Ah Van" and the phrase "guiding his team around the park" in the same sentence? Surely if he was any good at that someone higher up would have tried him in that role by now. Maybe there's untapped talent there??
    Weiiiiirrrrddd. I hear "The X Files" theme....

Good luck back in Brisbane Kempy...

19. Tajhay_old
    Join:

Tajhay_old Guest

best wishes to you kemp...freaking was overjoyed when you signed with us...couldnt believe our luck...now next thing u know it u got blamed for our impotent halves not giving you the ball. dont worry mate, we all know you got shafted at the club. this will really really help up and coming players joining our club esp from across australia.

can this year get any worse? i have never seen the club acting so dumb on the management side of things since their inception in 95. freaking painful to watch whats going on on the field and off the field. someone put me in a coma till the start of next season...i fear for who we may sign next...

20. Northern_Union
    Join:

Northern_Union Guest

The only management that comes close to the dumb shown this season is the Dogs over spending on there cap in 2002 and losing there points....thats how bad i view what has happned this season.