Ken Maumalo

1. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Maumalo?!? I'll have what your having bro!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Anyone who's number 1 reason for watching Warriors is Maumalo has rocks in their head and in all probability is a chronic meth head.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  3. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Maumalo could become a cult favourite if he came off the bench as an offload popping Forward.

But nah, we have an obsession with Props at Wing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. ejbrenu2
    Join:
    Aug 3, 2017

ejbrenu2 Warriors Bench Player

I actually like watching Ken play. Think he is a good player and one of the few positives from the year.

On your advice though I will book a Dr's appointment for tomorrow and if meth is street slag for omelettes you are 100% correct

5. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Well good for you I guess. I'd rather have a real winger on the wing. Not some slow 2nd rower who cant defend out there. Him being played ahead of someone like CNK is lunacy but hey what else do you expect from this muppet of a head coach.

6. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

This Beast V3.0 experiment has to end. While I applaud his work ethic he's clearly not a winger. At the very least the club should have allowed him a season or two to learn the craft in ISP. That edge of his and Kata has been one of the worst defensive combinations the club has ever seen. You can tell his confidence was at an all time low.

Its frustrating to see the club try develop players out of position...

7. Marley
    Join:
    Jul 14, 2013

Marley 1st Grade Debut

I feel for Ken, his confidence was absolutely shot at the end of the season, nearly every time his opposite winger scored Ken dropped his head and played like shit the rest of the game. Worst part is 9/10 weren't his fault, so many were from a poor read and rushing in from Kata leaving him exposed to an overlap. If he had a half decent defensive centre next to him (one that could pass would be an extra bonus), I think Ken would come on leaps and bounds. He had a great period for a while when Kata was out, but fell away big time at the end of the year. I don't mind him on the wing, but he and Kata are a terrible pairing.

8. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

My thoughts are pretty well documented. I know people will point to his defence as a reason he can't move into the pack, but it's a different proposition linging up other forwards versus speedy and agile opposing wingers.

A year in the forwards down at ISP level and he'd be good to go IMO. He has the right attitude, drive to improve, and talent to make it, but all we're doing with him on the wing is wasting his talent.

9. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Considering Ken is not a winger he made a fair fist of the job and we would have seen far better results if he hadn't been handicapped by Sol's determination to move in every fricken chance he got. Looking forward to see how Ken goes next season with better stock around him.

10. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

Maumalo should never ever play wing again. He is so bad it is not funny. Yes he can hit it up, well hit it up as a forward. He does not have the skill, nouse or hands to be anywhere near the wing.

• Like Like x 21
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

If it wasn't before it will be now. Manu was similarly vilified before he became a world beater, and if Manu taught us anything we all need to get around Ken when he gets back and bring our little brother back up to reach his potential. Or feed him 20 kg's of Wendys, play him at lock and see what happens.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Manu was way ahead of Ken at the same age. Ken reminds me a bit of Kevin Iro, Tony's younger brother. He had way more talent than Tony but played more like a flat track Bully, which he actually wasn't, it just looked that way because he was so inconsistent. He was an absolute rock star at Wigan and then went to Manly where he only showed glimpses of his form. Mind you those glimpses were amazing.

13. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

The original Beast, if Ken gets anywhere near Kevin's form he'll do us proud. Try him at centre in Mighty NSW Mighty Blues Cup feeding CNK, we need centres and that kid could be anything in the right position.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  14. Viking
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Viking 1st Grade Fringe

He has slow reactions or at least slower than other NRL backs. He doesn't recognise and react quickly to opportunities on offence or the danger signs on defence and It makes him look unco as he's trying to catch up. It's not from a lack of effort on his part and it doesn't help that he's partnered up with the worlds greediest centre at the Warriors.

15. Blain
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Blain 1st Grade Fringe

I think we have enough depth in the backs with Hiku and Beale on board to call time on the Maumalo experiment. He might be good enough to play NRL, but not as a winger. Total wrong skill set. Hope he goes to Mighty NSW Mighty Blues Cup as a second rower, should have stayed there from U/20's days.

16. Tim burgess
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

Tim burgess 1st Grade Fringe

I think Ken is a player who will end up languishing in Mighty NSW Mighty Blues Cup or ESL.

With the signing of Hiku and Beale and CNK his chances of playing first grade are diminishing.

His confidence also looks shot.

17. Naumaifooty
    Join:
    Sep 12, 2017

Naumaifooty Warriors Bench Player

Should spend the whole season in Mighty NSW Mighty Blues cup learning how to be a second rower because we dont need him in first grade learning how to be a winger.

18. Crusader26
    Join:
    Oct 2, 2016

Crusader26 1st Grade Fringe

He usually looks like he's running in slow motion, especially if it's from a standing start. The guy has terrible acceleration.

19. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington TRUST THE PROCESS? Contributor

Just another player who the club have screwed over development wise. Why play him in the second row all his junior years than throw out to wing in NRL. Warriors logic...

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Are you saying it is a confidence thing then?