Internationals Kiwis vs Kangaroos 2018

Discussion in 'International/Representative League' started by razzrillinger, Sep 3, 2018.

1. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Kiwis vs Kangaroos 2018

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Kiwis wider squad:

Brisbane Broncos: Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Kodi Nikorima; Canberra Raiders: Jordan Rapana, Joseph Tapine; Canterbury Bulldogs: Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith; Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks: Sosaia Feki; Gold Coast Titans: Kevin Proctor; Manly Sea Eagles: Martin Taupau; Melbourne Storm: Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Jahrome Hughes, Brandon Smith; Newcastle Knights: Herman Ese’ese, Danny Levi; North Queensland Cowboys: Te Maire Martin; Penrith Panthers: James Fisher-Harris, Corey Harawira-Naera, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Whare; St George Illawarra Dragons: Leeson Ah Mau; Sydney Roosters: Isaac Liu, Joseph Manu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves; New Zealand Warriors: Gerard Beale, Adam Blair, Tohu Harris, Peta Hiku, Shaun Johnson, Issac Luke, Ken Maumalo, Isaiah Papalii, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck; Wests Tigers: Esan Marsters.

Junior Kiwis wider squad:

Brisbane Broncos: Rory Ferguson, Jordan Riki; Canberra Raiders: Paul Roache; Canterbury Bulldogs: Morgan Harper; Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks: Jackson Ferris, Cruz Topaz-Aveai; Gold Coast Titans: Darius Farmer, Moeaki Fotuaika, Jaxson Paulo, Kea Pere; Manly Sea Eagles: Manase Fainu, Tevita Funa, Moses Suli; Melbourne Storm: Kayleb Milne, Junior Rutava, Kelma Tuilagi; Newcastle Knights: Pasame Saulo; North Queensland Cowboys: Peter Hola, Sean Mullany, Emry Pere, Murray Taulagi; Parramattah Eels: Tui Afualo, Dylan Brown, Haze Dunstar, Oregon Kaufusi; Penrith Panthers: Dean Blore; St George Illawarra Dragons: Steven Marsters; Sydney Roosters: Bailey Bentley-Harper; South Sydney Rabbitohs: Jesse Arthars, Mawene Hiroti, Lucky Ta’avale; New Zealand Warriors: Tom Ale, Chanel Harris-Tavita, Hayze Perham, Preston Riki, Tyler Slade, Lewis Soosemea, Paul Turner, Joseph Vuna.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2018 at 9:54 AM
  2. WarriorBall
    Join:
    Sep 15, 2016

WarriorBall 1st Grade Fringe

If all those players are available for Kiwis selection we should have our strongest side on paper in a number of years.

Only weak areas are inexperience at five eight and maybe in the centers depending on who gets the nod but still bound to give the Kangaroos a run for their money in a side minus all their key players over the past 10 years.

3. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Bought my tickets for the test in October, looking forward to the trip north - b happy if a lot of those players named do actually play.

4. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Whats wrong with this picture on zero tackle, they taking the p or what?

5. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

one will play, one is injured and the other will play the following week for another country now ! maybe !

6. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Whenever we beat the Kangaroos at home we always smash them in the forwards, and I mean smash. We have the makings of a decent forward pack there.

7. DragonFly
    Join:
    Aug 28, 2017

DragonFly NSW Cup Player

What do the Kiwis plan to do with Isaako, Watene-Zelezniak and Rapana and only 2 wing positions?
    With Whare in doubt can 1 of them play centre? Rapana maybe.

1 RTS
    2 DWZ
    3 Rapana
    4 Marsters
    5 Isaako

8. 95 'til infinity
    Join:
    Jul 29, 2013

95 'til infinity 1st Grade Fringe

One of them will miss out.

3.Manu
    4.Masters

9. Selector
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

Selector 1st Grade Fringe

That Junior Kiwis squad is a good squad. Looking at the names 7 players have played NRL this year.

Moeaki Fotuaika, Manase Fainu, Pasame Saulo, Oregon Kaufusi, Moses Suli, Mawene Hiroti & Joseph Vuna. Don't think the Junior Kiwis have had so much NRL eperince in their squad before.

10. brightman
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

brightman 1st Grade Fringe

Wow, didn't realize Suli was a kiwi. After all his bad press this season I wrote him of but caught a glimpse of him against Broncos and he definitely has talent.. and size.. and quick feet:eek:

11. Tony Martin
    Join:
    Jun 4, 2016

Tony Martin 1st Grade Fringe

Surely fotuaika, suli, fainu will all be wanting to part with the Tongans, I’m sure fotuaika went into camp with them last time

12. adelaide rams
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2015

adelaide rams 1st Grade Debut

No benji in the wider squad... thought he has been in form this year

13. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

They'll see if Tonga names them then they get until the day before the game to choose, isn't that how it works now

14. AlexM
    Join:
    Feb 19, 2017

AlexM 1st Grade Fringe

1.RTS
    2.DWZ
    3.Whare
    4.Masters
    5.Rapana
    That's my pick for the backs.

6.Kodi
    7.SJ

8. Bromwhich
    9.Luke
    10.Taupau
    11.Proctor
    12.Harris
    13.Blair

14.B Smith
    15.NAS
    16.Fisher-Harris
    17.Au-Mau

18.Hiku

My team anyway

15. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Alex Glenn well and truly on the outer with the Kiwis

I've always been a fan of his versatility.

16. drake83
    Join:
    Jan 14, 2013

drake83 1st Grade Fringe

Remis Smith could be a fus replacement if he picks the kiwi 6 foot 5 winger played well against us when we lost to the dogs too, sure he followed that up with a great game the next week too

17. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

Hasn't played for NZ since 2015 and too many players in front of him now. Was one of my favourites 5 years or so ago.

18. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

Isaiah Papali'i will play for the Junior Kiwis too if he misses out on the top squad.

19. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Didn't they try call him up last minute for the World Cup last year when the Tongan boys deserted us but he had already gone on holiday somewhere?

20. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

That press conference where they named the team still sticks in my mind. Was so Mickey Mouse. Nikau and Kidwell sitting there nervously laughing while Adam Blair called in on the phone.