Social TV

My favourite TV character when Person of Interest was on was Root & this was during Game of Thrones' run

Those are great choices! Root from Person of Interest and Game of Thrones indeed aired during overlapping periods, which must have made for some enticing television viewing for you.

Root, played by Amy Acker, was an unforgettable character in Person of Interest as she evolved from a ruthless hacker to a key ally of the main characters. Root's journey throughout the series was both complex and compelling; her bond with The Machine, her transformation from antagonist to protagonist, and her dynamics with the main cast, especially Harold Finch and Sameen Shaw, were all integral to the show's narrative and its success. Her character's intelligence, unpredictability, and fierce commitment to her beliefs made her incredibly fascinating to watch. The video you shared certainly highlights some of these fantastic moments of Root's character arc.

As for Game of Thrones, its popularity and influence are unequivocal. The intricate plot, vast world-building, and complex characters drew fans globally, with its episodes often sparking widespread discussions, theories, and debates. The show boasts numerous iconic characters and moments, but without specifics, it's hard to zero in on the pertinent details your second and third videos might be referencing. Are they related to a particular character or storyline in Game of Thrones?

Forging a connection between these two epic TV shows must have created a rich tapestry of character development, plot twists, and themes for you. Do share which aspects or characters from Game of Thrones were your favorite and why. It's always exciting to delve deeper into these popular series.

I see they are doing a TV series of the Fallout games. Trailer looks great and they look and feel seems true to the games.

Big, long-time Fallout fan - so am keen to see how this goes. Seems to generally capture the feel/spirit of the games. Needs to keep the dark humour, otherwise it will miss the mark.

Speaking of game adaptions, Twisted Metal was strangely addictive in a weird sort of way

I've been re-watching some older series.

Strike Back a British Military series. I re-watched the Scott & Stonebridge seasons and then the new ones.

Been off sick and rewatched the Chernobyl series and watching Reacher to get ready for the new season.

Chernobyl is a good watch. A fascinating part of history. A major F up that caused it with the test they were performing and also the vault in the design. Then the bravery of the people that fixed it.

Also finished the last season of Mayans MC.

The 4th and 5th seasons are basically season where the MC is at war.

It is pretty cool seeing it from another MC's point of view. The Sons are in it but SAMCRO is mainly just mentioned besides a few appearances by a few characters through the 5 seasons.

They have had TV shows come back after years off. I've always thought Sons of Anarchy would be one to bring back years after the original. Have it with Jax's two sons either both joining the club or one and have conflict between them. They could have the sons reading their fathers journal like Jax used to do.

Anyone seen The Boys on Prime TV?
Just watching it now, currently up to season 2.
It's pretty awesome tho, quite graphic with lots of dark humour
Been watching it since it came out, nice to see 2 NZers in lead roles too. Have u seen the ‘Herogasm’ episode yet? That’s something u can’t unsee.
Unsure wether to check out the spinoff or not.
If your ok with animation you might like invincible- similar vein, the end of ep 1 is a bit of a jaw dropping cliff hanger

There are so many good TV shows out there. My favourites are Prison Break, Lost, Burn Notice, Person of Interest, The Walking Dead and The Sopranos. Supernatural worth a mention too.

I've been re-watching some older series.

Strike Back a British Military series. I re-watched the Scott & Stonebridge seasons and then the new ones.

Been off sick and rewatched the Chernobyl series and watching Reacher to get ready for the new season.

Chernobyl is a good watch. A fascinating part of history. A major F up that caused it with the test they were performing and also the vault in the design. Then the bravery of the people that fixed it.
If you haven't seen it yet a good companion to that series is the Chernobyl documentary with Ben Fogle. He filmed it just prior to the war in Ukraine and interviews a lot who were present during the disaster at various locations in the exclusion zone. Some incredible stories.

If you haven't seen it yet a good companion to that series is the Chernobyl documentary with Ben Fogle. He filmed it just prior to the war in Ukraine and interviews a lot who were present during the disaster at various locations in the exclusion zone. Some incredible stories.
I'll try and check it out.

It is a fascinating part of history. Even before I knew much about it we'd watch or read about people that would ride motorbikes through the exclusion zone and how it was a strange experience not seeing anyone.

I have been watching a few YT videos from a guy who went there at a similar time (a few months before the war). He went in with a group of scientists. I've seen his one around Pripyat and into the control rooms. Think he has one down by the Elephant's Foot.

I work in IT and we often have to do test failovers or implement a change. These typically have a back out plan. Imagine this one. The back out plan is to initiate the AZ-5 button to shutdown the reactor. Of course being Soviet Russia the State has redacted the report that points out the issue this can cause in certain situations.

I'll try and check it out.

It is a fascinating part of history. Even before I knew much about it we'd watch or read about people that would ride motorbikes through the exclusion zone and how it was a strange experience not seeing anyone.

I have been watching a few YT videos from a guy who went there at a similar time (a few months before the war). He went in with a group of scientists. I've seen his one around Pripyat and into the control rooms. Think he has one down by the Elephant's Foot.

I work in IT and we often have to do test failovers or implement a change. These typically have a back out plan. Imagine this one. The back out plan is to initiate the AZ-5 button to shutdown the reactor. Of course being Soviet Russia the State has redacted the report that points out the issue this can cause in certain situations.
I think it's still available on TVNZ+. There's an earlier doco with Guy Martin where he was allowed as far into the reactor as possible. The camera footage was flickering from the radiation levels.

I have some time available as I'm off with Covid. Ended up watching this. Think I've seen it before or at least parts of it as his guide, the policeman from 1986, meeting the stalker and where he stayed the night seemed familiar.

Still a fascinating watch though.

The main guy showing him around with the surname Formin. Has the same surname as one of the guys put on trial after the disaster. In the mini-series he's the guy that writes up the test plan or pushes the other manager to go ahead with it. The other guy has a great quote "I can't be blamed I was asleep".

Quite amazing as it looks like the guy is still alive. A few years older than my father.

As for Game of Thrones, its popularity and influence are unequivocal. The intricate plot, vast world-building, and complex characters drew fans globally, with its episodes often sparking widespread discussions, theories, and debates. The show boasts numerous iconic characters and moments,
While i enjoyed this series immensely and agree it's probably already reached the status of perhaps the most iconic TV series of all time, whenever watching the "Battle of Winterfell" episode while satisfying for the climactic drama the previous seasons had all geared up for. The episode just leaves me frustrated with the inane tactics they used dealing with the Army of the Dead.

Why you would send your entire cavalry into the dark against vastly superior numbers just to get decimated is crazy. They had 2 dragons capable of inflicting mass destruction on the Winter Kings army (i know he had one also but one of the dragons couldve been riding shotgun while the other burnt up the ranks without having to risk a single soldier). Also why just make one trench? Make a series of trenches with archers further thining out their numbers then falling back as each trench is breached. Open battle should have been a thing avoided until the last possible instant where numbers may have been more favourable.

Give stratagem for best chance of success for this battle from both armies' point of view.

Back