General Discussion North Sydney Bear's NRL Return

Discussion in 'NRL Discussion' started by Johnnyray, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

The best I remember from the Bears was the story that when the cleaner opened their trophy cabinet a Japanese prisoner of war jumped out.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

I remember the claim that aborigines placed a curse on North Sydney Oval:D

• List
  3. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Not an actual North Sydney Bears photo but hilarious nonetheless ...

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

:)

4. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

surfin Warriors 1st Grader

Quite like the idea of releasing a few Grizzlies on the hills of the Coromandel, huge food resource for them here, all colourfully wrapped and ready for the taking.

• List
  5. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Off topic but one of my sisters used to live on a small block in the hills above Anchorage, Alaska and they'd have bears sometimes foraging for food in the wild berries by their house. One day, she saw a mother and cub having some breakfast so she got her camera to take some pictures off them. She couldn't work out why she couldn't get both bears in the camera's viewfinder and pulled it down to find the mother had been walking towards her. She got back inside just before the bear got to the house.

6. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

I have a cousin that spent 20 years living in the middle of no where somewhere in Canada, she said one of the worst things about it was when her son was small and she had to keep on point as to whether a bear or wolf would wander onto the property while he was outside. Such a shame when there are so many lycra clad goodies to be eaten here.
    Will be good to have a Bears side in the comp again, as long as it can be sustained and not just another whipping boy to struggle for a couple of years then fold.

7. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

If they did get back in and had a decent squad, the coach shouldn't have to much trouble motivating them when they played Manly.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Is there a thread for proposed NRL expansion plans?

9. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

If they were smart that play that game at nth Sydney oval. Sell out.

• List
  10. Slash Razor
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Slash Razor 1st Grade Fringe

Saw the Glenora Bears take on the North Sydney Bears at Carlaw park late 80s, now I was probably around 17-18yrs old at the time, and to be honest I cant hardly remember much of the game, what went on, who was playing, how many people were at the game and so forth... anyone on here go to that game? all I remember was Clayton Friend was playing.... not much info on the net, all I got was this snippet from a web page -
    I use to smoke a lot of pot back in those days, so I'll blame my amnesia on that, cant even remember there being 12,000 people lol

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.[/IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

Shit 11-8, almost beat them too.

• List
  12. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

That would have been an atmosphere, that ground was a shrine.

13. RiceOwl
    Join:
    Mar 28, 2015

RiceOwl 1st Grade Fringe

Found these two youtube videos of the bears this week. Love that full game against Manly. The thing that stuck out watching those videos was how much of a dominant have Jason Taylor was.

• List
  14. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

Best Bear sin EVER, no doubt. It is a real sign in a Canadian National Park. Wouldn't happen here mores the shame.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  15. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Freddie Futler 1st Grade Fringe

He was also a very good goal kicker, I don't why I hated him so much (and still do) but maybe it was his whining.

16. Johnnyray
    Join:
    Oct 11, 2014

Johnnyray 1st Grade Fringe

Awesome. Thanks man for posting those two videos up. There's 3 DVD set called Essential North Sydney Bears and they have those two games on it along with couple of other classics on it. Anybody that's interested in North Sydney Bears should buy it. One of best games on there is their last game they ever played as club against Nth Queensland Cowboys where they won 28-18. I tried posting it up but when I YouTube Bears Cowboys all I got was this music video of bunch gay guys singing in bar with rodeo clown tied out back. It's pretty cool video but you know it's still not the video I was looking for. Maybe one of you guys can find it for me ... :(

17. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Goats, bears, cowboys!!!! Really starting to get concerned about you.... perhaps it's time to schedule an intervention ;)

18. surfin
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

If that don't get faf back I don't know what will. Just wondering if the Warriors need more mustaches,leather singlets and berets.

19. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

The NRL said on Wednesday that it is not a long term holder of the Gold Coast Titans licence.

A spokesman said the NRL will look to sell the club, but is patient, to ensure future ownership is the right fit for the club, the Gold Coast community and the game. It remains business as usual at the Titans.

"The NRL has had very preliminary talks with several parties which have expressed interest in the Titans but those talks are still in the very early stages," the spokesman said.

"No decision has been made or is currently being considered about the future ownership of the club."

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  20. Freddie Futler
    Join:
    Jun 10, 2013

Sean Hoppe, forgot that he was a bear and Mario what a great player he was shame he had a face that only Mothers could love.