Post Match NRL 2014 - Rd 22 vs Sharks Post-match and voting

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by ToiletDuck, Aug 10, 2014.

1. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List

2. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

Fifita went off injured twice ffs!

It's very hard to beat a team who's ready to destroy themselves for pointless victory...

They were under no pressure, as their season is already completely fucked, they played some real quality broken field play, and almost niggled us off the park...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  3. motu1
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

motu1 1st Grade Fringe

shit effort all getting five stars bar tomkins

4. Defence
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

Defence 1st Grade Fringe

I'll take the 2 points but that was piss poor.
    Never seen a warriors side play so bad and still win.

• List
  5. Warrior482
    Join:
    Oct 12, 2012

Warrior482 1st Grade Fringe

Matty Johns is gna love this performance... Wins a win but shit... We played very, very dumb footy that 2nd half.

6. Wellington Warrior
    Join:
    May 15, 2012

Wellington Warrior Warriors 1st Grader

I'm speechless... That was possibly the worst half of football I have ever seen!!!

Our attack was absolutely rudderless.... Both Chad and TL were terrible!!!! We played like we were wooden spooners out there!!

They were offloading for fun and since when has Matt Prior ever been an unstoppable force!!

For me there was little if anything positive to take from that...other than 2 points.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. JBmurc
    Join:
    May 19, 2013

JBmurc 1st Grade Fringe

neither team really deserved to win was like watching the two bottom of the table teams fight over not getting the wooden spoon ....thought we had put this old BS play behind us under Cappy not so it seems

8. Marshthedarsh
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Marshthedarsh 1st Grade Fringe

Full credit to Tomkins for those key trysavers, MOM to Manu for mine. Error free(?) had kept running in set after set. Our spine totally lost the plot. Lillyman getting the ball on 5? And what was with our last set. Just kick it into the in goal - worst case scenario they have to travel 100m.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List

9. WellingtonOrca
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2012

WellingtonOrca 1st Grade Fringe

Ugly win, but I'll take it after we were all tipping a banana skin game - first time winning after a big score and first win over the sharks since 2011. Ben Henry my MoM

• List
  10. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

kind of expected the game to go this way. sharks are fighting to avoid the wooden spoon.

would of been tough as well having only a 2 man bench

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Ever Hopeful
    Join:
    Feb 24, 2013

Ever Hopeful 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

Two points in the bag & there is no way in hell that they are going to take the Knights lightly after that. Cappy has lots of ammo to fire up the team and SJ and Hurrell should be back. It bodes for a good game next week.

Good teams win ugly, not sure we are there yet, but in the past, we all know the result of a game like that

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 9
    • List
  12. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

We won. It wasn't pretty, but we won.

Sharks were very brave in defeat and outstanding on their own goal line.

• List
  13. ShaunJohnson7
    Join:
    May 9, 2012

ShaunJohnson7 1st Grade Fringe

Horrible game to watch, glad we got the 2 points. Definitely look forward to SJ and Hurrell coming back in. Still some good individual performances though.....Lillyman, Tomkins and Mateo all had big games as did the likes of Laumape and Manu. Nielsen was having his best game as a Warrior until he got hurt. As a team we lost cohesion in the second half and we can't afford to do that against better teams or we'll get carved up.

• List
  14. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Mud, but it might do them some good to have to sweat it out and protect a lead. Was a draw and pass away from going down.

Mannering some big d in the last 10, Manu really shows his value as a battering ram coming out of his own end in games like that.

That's enough positives, this team isn't all that close to the likes of manly or souths and without the freak players attack looks too side to side

• List
  15. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

Geez that was a very ugly win.

Hope Johnson is back next week. TL to hooker and friend can go have a rest.

Mannering was amazing today.

• List
  16. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

This play will never be put away, not for the Warriors, not for the other 15 teams in the NRL. Every team has halves or games like that, the key is to minimise them, still pick up the wins, and pray they don't happen on the most important days of the year.

• List
  17. koolkat
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

koolkat Get rid of the rot Contributor

Can I open my eyes now that was ugly stupid intense, positive Manu,lLillyman TL

18. Warriorholic
    Join:
    May 4, 2012

Warriorholic 1st Grade Fringe

Wow what an awesome game, you guys aren't giving the sharks any credit. Just because they don't look good on the ladder doesn't mean they aren't a good side, they did their homework on us and rattled us big time, Sharks were awesome, we just had enough to get home in the end. Great game sharks and just the perfect game for us heading into the finals, last thing we want is 40+ at this stage of the comp

• List
  19. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Spine was awful.

TL takes way too long with all of his kicks and passes, he catches and then needs an extra second to get the ball in two hands etc. The defensive line always has him under pressure before he's prepared to do anything.

Chad just takes some retarded options and his execution is too shite to pull of the % plays when he takes the correct option.

Sharks D was very good, how many times did Simon and Ben go through only to be stopped by one player clinging to an ankle...

That's a worrying performance at this stage of the season, well behind the likes of Rabbits, Manly, Rooters...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. motu1
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

motu1 1st Grade Fringe

i'm so glad fifita has two injuries not in my character to wish for injuries but man that guy's a grubby cunt

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List