Post Match NRL 2014 - Rnd 11 vs Titans Post Match + Player Ratings

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Hitman82, May 24, 2014.

1. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

2. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Good win, wasnt the 13+ I was hoping (and betting) for but ill take it. Johnson stood up with a mature game, heres hoping injury isnt too bad. Manu with a monster of a game, cant really fault anyone else bar maybe Tomkins.
    Stoked the reffs turned it around at half time to probably favour us in the 2nd half :p

3. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

First half was frustrating. Essentially handed them all three tries without them having to create anything of note.

Having said that, massive credit to the Titans defense and their willingness to keep going.

Once we started controlling things though it was always leaning in our favour. A bit more precision in attack would have been nice. We were way too attracted to the sideline, especially considering Hurrell changing the angle busted them before the Matulino try. that should have been the clue they jumped on.

Still, in the end a win is a win and I'm happy to take it. Just hope there's no injuries. For a moment there I thought we'd lost Tomkins and Johnson in the space of 15 seconds. Scary.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  4. Rick O'Shay
    Join:
    May 1, 2013

Rick O'Shay 1st Grade Fringe

be interested to see Laumapes metres. Seemed to be him, Manu or Lillyman hitting it up every set

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  5. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

The work in progress continues with 2 points bagged. Margin wasn't important. Keeping it going against the Knights is.

• List
  6. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

Friend was my Man of the Match. It's almost like he knows he can go harder knowing he has Havili going to give him a spell. Lillyman was great again. Overall a solid yet somehow unconvincing win. Always thought we were going to win but somehow left me scratching my head whether we have improved or not? Also thought Benry isn't a great option for the second row but Ngani was really good at centre, Ikahihifo added great impact when he came on, and Hurrell tried far to hard. 2 points in the bag but we will have to improve a lot if we are going to get the wins in the next few weeks

7. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

Matulino would be my MoM, he killed them with his size and offload, always a handful

Great game from Friend too, it looked like the scrum push was his idea the way everyone rand up and slapped him on the back.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Townsend was average again but I just don't know with him. At times he looks the goods, other times his decision making is suspect. Then he just comes up unlucky.

ST had a ordinary 1st half, came out in the 2nd aggressive and looked good besides a few errors.

Johnson is really becoming a superstar level player, hope his injury isn't too bad.

Rolling Havilii and Friend work perfectly in this game. Havilii came on and did his service, and Friend came back for the last 15mins full of energy. Has to be a tactic Cappy rolls with heading into the later rounds (drop locke completely).

Fusitua and Hurrell could be a deadly combination with some practice. Fusituas got plenty of upside, his athleticism and ability to finish already has him in the running to be the winger for the future for the Warriors (Fish will make things difficult in that regard).

Lillyman, Bukuya, Manners, Laumape all did their job as expected of them. Matulino looking like he could be returning to best-prop-of-the-comp form.

Manu had one of those games that make all of us second guess why we don't want him on the wing anymore.

Overall, this was a game we should and could have won with ease. Silly errors (again) mixed with a lop-sided penalty count in the 1st half kept GC close. Second half, we sealed the game as expected, but we couldn't seem to continue to lay on the points and truly dominate the game. Credit to the GC defence for that.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List

9. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

A few stand out things for me.

Mateo at the end scrambling for that loose ball. He wanted it even if Matagi was the one who claimed it in the end.

After the Dogs game we would have been a little battered but we still turned up with great energy in defense even if our attack lacked a little.

Ikahihifo, love his involvement, but damn son, stand a little further away from the dummy half. The markers were getting to him the same time as the ball.

Fusitua is all class. Massive future in front of him if he wants it.

Hurrell aside from a couple of sideline magnet moments was a constant threat and showed some incredible hands and skills a couple of times for Fusitua. I like the Hurrell/Fusitua combo a lot more each time I see it.

Mannering was on tonight. Couple of mistakes although one was a forced pass. At halftime they moved him onto Taylor and from that moment Taylor did SFA. Also ran for some strong gains and a well deserved try.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  10. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

Not the best all round performance but two competition points is two competition points and that another two picked up on the road.

Was a bit pissed off with the string of penalties at the start of the game; especially the first one with their loose offload. The team showed a lot of composure with the multiple sets against them before they even touched the ball. We got the get square penalties in the second half. Looks like the refs do it anyway no matter what the score line is.

Good to see the repeat sets in the second half applying pressure.

Good to finally get Havili time at dummy half.

The Titans were not at full strength but were pretty good particularly in the first half.

We have being showing an improved effort the last month. Getting a win when your not at your best is what is needed in this competition.

• List
  11. HeartyWARRIOR_278
    Join:
    Jul 29, 2013

HeartyWARRIOR_278 NSW Cup Player

Good win don't know bwt those FAAAAAADES tho ! Lol

12. blcu2003
    Join:
    Sep 8, 2013

blcu2003 1st Grade Fringe

Giving Friend some rest time so he returns with more impact on the field is such a simple yet effective strategy!

Same with having Matulino roam out wide. What a havoc he is to the opposition.

Loving this common sense coaching by McFadden!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  13. Haydos
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Haydos 1st Grade Fringe

Happy with the 2 points and ball control in the 2nd half. Some nice repeat sets but man with all that possession inside the 20m they should have won by 20.
    We look lost on attack at times.
    Matulino getting back to his best and was nice seeing him attack on the edges.

Townsend had some nice touches. Havili was refreshing at hooker.
    Tomkin's was disappointing tonight...seems to look too hurried with the ball.

Lots to work on attack wise

• List
  14. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

I didn't think we faded too much tbh. Their tries were single moments that went against us rather than us fading. Very uncharacteristic of Henry to throw that crappy offload that led to their second try. Much like Gubb I'm sure it will get a mention and he'll learn from it.

The charge down sucked, but the idea was right.

Initial stats have us missing only 6 tackles. For a team that averaged 30+ even in our grand final year in 2011 that's not bad.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. Matulino#1
    Join:
    May 10, 2012

Matulino#1 1st Grade Fringe

The refs weren't great but two of the contentious decisions I think were correct.

1) The charge down right before halftime. I'm happy for play on there, he didn't try to catch the ball.

2) Johnson's Obstruction. - Clearly ran behind the man, if he went to ground it's fine but instead he passed. That's why the ref waited for him to pass before blowing the penalty.

In saying that, the men in pink sucked dick tonight. The officiating in this comp is surely at an all time low.

16. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

You hate Manu dont you. three posts saying the same thing
    Last kick to Manu was so far inside he never had a chance, this time he comes in a bit and its over his head and hes still shit. In your eyes hes crap therefore it doesnt matter what he does, Inruin let it go.

I actually think chad had a good game as well, dont understand why people are bagging him. SJ was obviously good tonight, but still not great and Konrad was hot and cold (wouldnt mind betting that Manu made more passes than Konnie). Matalino is the new Mateo. Bukuya had a great game against Dave Taylor in the second half but not great in the first. Fusituas looks good but could have looked better with more space and earlier ball.

But i actually felt with all that good there was not much great. As expected the Warriors picked up half way through the second half. I actually thought the Tits had a chance at the end of the first half and the worst thing in the game was the Ref. I know people are bagging Peranara but he wasnt the senior ref and hes not allowed to over call the main ref. Glad in the end the bad calls were going against the Tits, instead of the Warriors. I wonder if someone had a flea in his ear at half time, it has been known to happen that they get a call at half time from on high.

• List
  17. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Yeah, still think we're relying too much on barge play tries which is a shame considering all but the final Fusitua try were created through either teamwork, support, guile and smart play. Hope Cappy points that out to them during the week. Smart plays get the points more often than blunt force (although that never hurts either)

• List
  18. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

3. Laumape
    2, Fusitua
    1. Johnson.

I got the youg guns taking the MOM lead this week. We desperately needed Laumape to step up and be that left center that keeps Allwood as a cover option for next season. Laumape was outstanding coming back from having his confidence shaken last week.

I was looking out for Laumape tonight....last year when he started to get the wobbles....he very quickly crashed in a string of games.....good to see the young fullahs got the mental maturity to come back tonight.

Fusitua looks like a Duck to water in First grade, he was born to play. Tonight he replicated his feats V the storm , combining with Johnson for a Johnson Try.....and the dive over in the corner off Hurrells ball. It will be interesting to see how he is managed next week....whether we give him more development time in the NSW Cup.

Johnson as with the other usual suspects that make this team ( Mannering / Friend / Lillyman ) just did his job and controlled the game.

Outstanding.

McFaddens got a lot to work on with Konrads D. We looked to try a lot more tonight to play what's in front of us instead of being uber structured....perhaps we were expecting to out globe trotter them.

Woteva the structure came with Johnson's kick options. Tomkins had a rotten game in parts....still having him take over at half back at the end there inspires a lot of confidence that we can get through when a Half is lost.

We have two injured fullbacks.....If Jonson's out next week.....maybe Tomkins at 6 and Waetford Fb ?

• List
  19. HeartyWARRIOR_278
    Join:
    Jul 29, 2013

HeartyWARRIOR_278 NSW Cup Player

Good d in the 2nd half for them not 2 score but were definately the team on the rise..praise Cappy and the boiz kavaz on 2nite chur UP THE WARRIORS !

• List
  20. bringmethehorizon
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

bringmethehorizon 1st Grade Fringe

And no player missing more than 1. Awesome stuff