Team List NRL 2014 - Rnd 11 Vs Titans Team List + Pre Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by tajhay, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Warriors
    1 Sam Tomkins
    2 Kevin Locke
    3 Konrad Hurrell
    4 Ngani Laumape
    5 Manu Vatuvei
    6 Chad Townsend
    7 Shaun Johnson
    8 Jacob Lillyman
    9 Nathan Friend
    10 Ben Matulino
    11 Jayson Bukuya
    12 Ben Henry
    13 Simon Mannering (c)

Interchange
    14 Siliva Havili
    15 Suaia Matagi
    16 Feleti Mateo
    17 Sebastine Ikahihifo
    18 Nathaniel Peteru

<prbreak>

Titans
    1 David Mead
    2 Kalifa Faifai Loa
    3 William Zillman (c)
    4 Brad Takairangi
    5 Anthony Don
    6 Beau Henry
    7 Albert Kelly
    8 Luke Douglas
    9 Beau Falloon
    10 Luke Bailey
    11 Mark Minichiello
    12 David Taylor
    13 Paul Carter

Interchange
    14 Matthew White
    15 Mark Ioane
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Matt Srama

Coach: John Cartwright

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

2. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay On Titanic.

team has been named. Anyone got any info on Nathaniel?

3. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

So when will Mateo and Cappys sex tape leak?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  4. Waiting For Premiership
    Join:
    Jun 11, 2012

Waiting For Premiership 1st Grade Fringe

NO NO NO NO, The longer Mateo gets picked ,confidence for Cappy turns in to Crappy.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. stacky18
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2013

stacky18 1st Grade Fringe

I like this team, been calling for Locke to start on the wing for weeks. This is our best 17 players available even if some guys are out of position.
    If they play with the same attitude as last week we'll win. Hopefully there will be less drop ball.
    Any word on Rapira? Does he need surgery, by missing this week its a month on the sidelines.

• List
  6. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

Nice - glad to see Cappi looked at my post and realised that Nangi should be playing in the centres and Benry inside him. Pity about losing Matalino back to prop but at the moment im not sure there is a lot of options. When Rapira is back put him back to 12 and Benry to the bench as our super sub

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ryno
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

ryno 1st Grade Fringe

Time to start calling Mateo Mudeo as well

• List
  8. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

i was more wondering if well ever see the return of the fish. I dont think that Locke has done one thing to deserve being put out there but he is last man standing so good on him. Prove me wron- i look forward to it

Damn even my spell checker wont let me say im wron...

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List

9. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

Hell he has even listed Simon at Locke, this is so close to being a dream team of mine, now just some injured players to return and itll be good good good

• List
  10. way2sharp
    Join:
    Feb 28, 2014

way2sharp 1st Grade Fringe

How far away is Thomas, Mt Wellington?

11. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

from where? we talking the place or the poster?

12. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

No problem with that team. There really aren't too many other options available.

• List
  13. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

I really like the team. My preference to develop Havili is paramount. Not liking Locke as a winger. But hey we'll find out once and for all whether he can handle it. I'd prefer Fusitua but i am glad one way or another we will finally see if Locke can handle add value to our outside back depth. Especially if injuries surmount.

Mateo doesn't deserve to be there but as we're not facing a top quality pack he may run riot. He does seem to lift for the weaker packs. I just really don't believe he's made for that confrontation that packs like the Dogs, Souths play with but as we face Titans then Knights. You know what i'd play him. Would've liked Lisone though. Got to be honest. Would have loved to debut a big body over the next two games. Not to be.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  14. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

Gotta admit the bench is a concern. With Mateo and Havili out there a lot of the effort is gonna fall on Matagi. Probably would have preferred to see Gub in the list even if just as 18th man

• List
  15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington ABOVE THE LINE

Even he doesnt know? Indefinite...

16. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

i have never rated the titans and still dont

regardless of who they lose for origin

we should smash these muppets !!

lets get our points for and against back on the right side of the ledger

and put some pride back in the Warriors Jersey !!

• List
  17. way2sharp
    Join:
    Feb 28, 2014

Ah well, gives Havili a chance to prove himself.
    How close is Lolohea to getting a shot?

18. way2sharp
    Join:
    Feb 28, 2014

NRL ROUND #11 | McFadden makes changes
    Tue 20th May, 04:50PM
    A A

By Richard Becht

Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden has made four changes to his starting line-up for Saturday’s 11th-round encounter with Gold Coast in Robina (5.30pm local time; 7.30pm NZT).

After two games starting in the second row, Ben Matulino is back in the front row with Ben Henry coming out of the centres to take Matulino’s place in the back row.

Henry’s spot in the centres goes to Ngani Laumape, who was used on the wing against Canberra and Canterbury-Bankstown, with Kevin Locke shifted off the bench for his first start of the season on the right wing.

Back in the squad on a five-man bench is debutant Kiwi hooker Siliva Havili after two appearances with the club’s New South Wales Cup side.

He’s included with prop Suaia Matagi, back rower Feleti Mateo, utility Sebastine Ikahihifo and prop Nathaniel Peteru.

“Ben (Henry) has been doing a great job for us in the centres but just for the dynamic of our team I wanted to push Ben Matulino back into the front row. He’ll still have a roaming role,” said McFadden.

“For Kevin, it’s a great opportunity for him to get back and play 80 minutes. He still gives us that versatility.

“With Siliva I think it’s time to give him another crack. He’s certainly the future of the club.”

After the hard-fought 12-16 loss to the Bulldogs, McFadden is wary of a wounded Gold Coast side coming off back-to-back losses to South Sydney (18-40) and Brisbane (8-22). Despite the defeats the Titans still sit seventh on the ladder 12 points, four ahead of the Vodafone Warriors.

“They’re a quality side and a gritty side. We have to prepare well to put together the performance we expect of ourselves,” he said.

“Our effort was great against the Bulldogs but our execution needs to improve.”

The Vodafone Warriors have built up a strong record against the Titans over the last three seasons. After losing six in a row to them in 2008, 2009 and 2010 they have won the last six across the last three years although the margins in both clashes last year were just one point in Auckland and two points in Robina.

Captain Simon Mannering will move within one match of two major milestones, making his 199th NRL appearance and his 100th game as captain. It leaves him set to achieve the twin landmarks in what is his 10th NRL season and the club’s 20th in existence when the Vodafone Warriors meet Newcastle in their first home game of the year at Mount Smart Stadium on Sunday, June 1.

Recently re-signed hooker Nathan Friend will make his 49th appearance for the Vodafone Warriors since arriving from the Titans.

While utility forward Sione Lousi is sidelined after being forced off the field on Sunday with a knee injury, his outlook is far more positive than first feared. Scans have eliminated another serious injury to the right knee he had surgery on last year. It’s expected he will be back in three to four weeks.

Veteran prop Jacob Lillyman will line up after the disappointment of missing out on selection in Queensland’s side for the opening State of Origin match.

“It’s very disappointing for Jake,” said McFadden.

“His form over the whole season has been great. He’ll knuckle down and play well for the team. There’ll still be two other games after that that he’ll be pushing for.”

The Vodafone Warriors leave for Gold Coast on Thursday.

19. rugged
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

rugged 1st Grade Fringe

While I am not happy with Mateo in the side, I am pleased he made a couple of changes. Neither Cleary, Bluey or Elliot were ever in a hurry to make changes if the performance and effort was ok. It so refreshing to have a coach that doesn't wait to lose three on the bounce before being forced into changes.

• List
  20. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

To be fair we didn't really make any changes. All we did was shuffle players to cover for injury and then brought in Havili to replace Lousi. Without Rapira and Lousi we're pretty limited to what we can do outside of blooding more youngsters.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 10
    • List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.