Team List NRL 2014 - Rnd 6 Lineup Vs Bulldogs + Pre Game Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Hitman82, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Vodafone Warriors acting head coach Andrew McFadden has marked his appointment by making a number of key changes for Sunday’s sixth-round NRL clash against Canterbury-Bankstown at Eden Park (4.00pm kick-off; match day sponsor: SKYCITY).

Veteran Thomas Leuluai comes in at standoff for his first start of the year, Ngani Laumape returns to the NRL for the first time this season on the right wing and hooker Siliva Havili is set to become Vodafone Warrior No 190 after being named to make his debut from the bench.

In another starting line-up change Sebastine Ikahihifo is named at loose forward while utility Dominique Peyroux will also make his first NRL appearance of the year from the interchange and two other 2014 New South Wales Cup regulars – prop Charlie Gubb and David Bhana – are included on an extended bench.

The selection changes mean standoff Chad Townsend and loose forward Feleti Mateo start for the club’s New South Wales Cup team against the Bulldogs. That match is the first of another tripleheader kicking off at 11.40am followed by the NYC encounter between the Vodafone Junior Warriors and Canterbury-Bankstown at 1.40pm before the feature attraction at 4.00pm.

After being named Vodafone Warriors acting head coach yesterday, McFadden said he wouldn’t be afraid to make tough calls.

“We had to make one change on the wing with Glen (Fisiiahi) having a shoulder injury,” he said.

“That gives Ngani his chance to come back into the NRL. He has been going well for in the New South Wales Cup.

“It’s tough on Chad. He has been doing a good job but Thomas is key player for us. He’s a leader and is ready to come back into the starting line-up.

“Feleti hasn’t been going well and knows he needs to play his way back into form with our New South Wales Cup side. That means Seb starts and he deserves it after the work he has done so far this season.”

McFadden welcomed the inclusion of four other New South Wales Cup regulars on an extended interchange following the side’s commanding 44-6 win against the Sharks last week.

“They have all earned their selection on the extended bench,” he said.

“It’s really exciting for Siliva to be making his debut and he thoroughly deserves it. Dom was the players’ player of the day against Cronulla and Charlie and David have both been working hard for the New South Wales Cup side. It’s good to be able to recognise them.”

While highly disappointed after the Vodafone Warriors’ 6-37 loss to Cronulla last week, McFadden said the team’s focus was firmly on preparing for the encounter with the Bulldogs at Eden Park.

“We’ve dealt with the performance against Cronulla. It was a poor performance,” he said.

“We need to move past that and get our preparation right for the Bulldogs. We’ve had a difficult week but now it’s all about the football and taking on a side that has been going really well.”

The Bulldogs have won their last two matches, edging the premiership-winning Roosters 9-8 last week and hammering Melbourne 40-12 in Perth in a match the influential Cameron Smith missed through injury. In 30 matches between the two clubs, the Vodafone Warriors have won 12 and lost 16 with two matches drawn.

Vodafone Warriors v CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

Eden Park, Auckland

4.00pm, Sunday, April 13

Vodafone Warriors

1 Sam Tomkins

2 Ngani Laumape

3 Dane Nielsen

4 Konrad Hurrell

5 Manu Vatuvei

6 Thomas Leuluai

7 Shaun Johnson

8 Sam Rapira

9 Nathan Friend

10 Ben Matulino

11 Jayson Bukuya

12 Simon Mannering (c)

13 Sebastine Ikahihifo

Interchange:

14 Jacob Lillyman

15 Suaia Matagi

16 Dominique Peyroux

18 Siliva Havili

17 Charlie Gubb

21 David Bhana

HEAD COACH: Andrew McFadden

2. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

ok well if hes gonna call TL the leader of the team he needs to be the captain so us muppets and maybe some team members keep it straight.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  3. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Mateo is dropped, Chownsend is dropped, Fish injured and though Havili is listed in the 18, I believe he is in and Gubb on the extended bench,

4. pompower
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

pompower 1st Grade Fringe

Not a bad line up. Bit of a statement. Don't think Chad deserved to be dropped but can't really complain about it as Leuluai is quality.

5. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

big bench as many predicted - i wonder which ones he will drop.

I am happy to see Laumape back in the team but wish it wasnt on the wing. However both players have improved their defence and the right edge shouldnt be that easy a walk over

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Raurimu Massive
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

Raurimu Massive 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah I thought that was quite a telling comment from Cappy. No doubt he meant it more along the lines of Lulu giving us direction on field though. Which is a role he can fill from the dummy half role too.

7. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

Thought I might repeat what I said in the previous thread, for posterity:

In regards to the kicking game, though I regard Chads kicking game as probably being superior than TLs, I think Shaun has stepped up massively in that department. I don't have the stats, but SJ has produced a pretty significant number of repeat sets off his short kicking gear, so far. And frankly, the reality is, Chad hasn't really produced anything of note with his kicking thus far in FG... So, in that sense, I don't think we're necessarily losing anything in our kicking game by replacing Chad with TL, as Chad is really yet to produce anything that could actually be replaced.

• List
  8. 95tilinfinity
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

95tilinfinity Warriors Bench Player

Cu later mateo!!! bet hes out at Maccas right now stoked not to have the stress of first grade this week

• List

9. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Laumape wouldn't be in the team in Fish wasn't injured; he's barely played a full game of first grade in the centres. Despite opinion here (my own included) Nielsen is rated by the club.

Mateo out = logical, and in the video McFadden says he needs to be playing better.

Chownsend out = unfortunate but we need Leuluai's leadership for 80 minutes. Makes sense.

Havili in = good from a POV of something dynamic off the bench. I just hope he doesn't ball hog!

Seb at lock = remains to be seen. I don't rate his temperament but here's hoping!

10. FAN
    Join:
    Mar 17, 2014

FAN 1st Grade Fringe

Nielsen. :banghead:

As GUS would say.......No no no no no NO!!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  11. mcdenda
    Join:
    Mar 19, 2014

mcdenda Warriors Bench Player

Finally Mateo gets a kick up the bum
    hardluck for Townsend
    didnt i say Havili would get the call up?
    hes a gun

• List
  12. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

He called a leader, not the leader.

Great and refreshing the straight shooting of AM.
    Mateo has been crap and knows it lol.

• List
  13. Est95
    Join:
    May 11, 2012

Est95 1st Grade Fringe

I still dont understand how Mannering isnt our lock. He stifles our edge, we should have Ikahihifo running hard at their halfback, not slow motion Mannering

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  14. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

Gonna be interesting to see how Fateo goes in NSW Cup. Will he finally pull finger, or just be the same old douchebag we all know and hate?

Yeah unlucky for CT, but I'm excited for Havili. He deserves a shot after all this time, and hopefully he repays the coach for finally doing it.

Neilsen. Next week buddy, next week.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  15. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Warriors 1st Grader

Good on McFadden for having the balls to make changes.
    Good to see Laumape back in a little suprised to see Neilsen still there, im assuming theres no other options now with Fish out?
    Gotta feel for Chad dont think hes been too bad but ill trust McFaddens half instincts.
    Hope Havili is used to spell friend accordingly.
    Dont know about ikahihfo would have rathered Matulino and Mannering shift back a number.
    Not 100% the team I would have picked but its heading in the right direction.

• List
  16. mcdenda
    Join:
    Mar 19, 2014

mcdenda Warriors Bench Player

Ball hog is better then a player that just stands there and looks at the ball and doesnt make any effort to get the damn ball

17. MarkW
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

MarkW 1st Grade Fringe

From the Warriors FB page:

'Aloha April is coming to Link has been hidden. Please Register to view. when we take on the Doggies, get involved - pull your hula skirt outta the closet and come to the game in style Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.'

What the fuck is Aloha April?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  18. Mr Frank White
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Mr Frank White 1st Grade Fringe

No different to Mateo. Was rated by ME, not AM.
    Bet Nielsen is the same just not as easy to replace since Fish is injured.

• List
  19. Akkerz
    Join:
    Jun 22, 2012

Akkerz 1st Grade Fringe

Not expecting miracles but at least he's made the first cut .Obviously it's not deep enough. It's early days & there should be more changes along the way. Keep the b'stards guessing & at least we may get to see them squirm a bit in the meantime.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  20. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

nope not what he said at 1.20 he says quote" hes our leader"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.