Team List NRL 2014 - Rnd 9 vs Raiders Team List + Pre Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Hitman82, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

NRL ROUND #9 | Henry and Hurrell paired

Tue 6th May, 04:57PM

Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden has teamed up 22-year-olds Ben Henry and Konrad Hurrell as the team’s starting centres for Saturday’s ninth-round NRL clash against the Canberra Raiders at Eden Park (5.00pm kick-off).

Henry had Ngani Laumape as his centres partner in the 16-10 Anzac Day win over the Melbourne Storm with Hurrell being introduced to the contest from the interchange bench.

A reshuffle has been forced following the injury-enforced absence of winger David Fusitua, who is battling a shoulder injury he picked up against the Storm.

With Thomas Leuluai still troubled by an ongoing groin complaint, Chad Townsend will again partner Kiwi international Shaun Johnson in the halves.

McFadden has been able to name the same starting forward pack used at AAMI Park while he has selected a five-man bench including Kevin Locke, who is in contention to make his 88th NRL appearance and his first of the season. The others on the bench are Feleti Mateo, Suaia Matagi, the recalled Sione Lousi and the returning Ben Matulino, who missed the last two games through suspension.

“It’s a shame for David to miss out after doing really for us against the Dragons and the Storm,” he said.

“But we’re able to shift Ngani out to the wing again start with Ben and Konrad in the centres.”

McFadden said it was also a significant boost to have Matulino back in the front row mix with Sam Rapira, Jacob Lillyman and Matagi.

While the Vodafone Warriors go into the contest on the back of one of the most impressive victories in the club’s history, Canberra is coming off one of its most humiliating losses after being trounced 54-18 by Manly on April 27.

Vodafone Warriors v CANBERRA RAIDERS

Eden Park, Auckland

5.00pm, Saturday, May 10

Vodafone Warriors

1 Sam Tomkins

2 Ngani Laumape

3 Konrad Hurrell

4 Ben Henry

5 Manu Vatuvei

6 Chad Townsend

7 Shaun Johnson

8 Sam Rapira

9 Nathan Friend

10 Jacob Lillyman

11 Jayson Bukuya

12 Simon Mannering (c)

13 Sebastine Ikahihifo

Interchange:

14 Feleti Mateo

15 Suaia Matagi

16 Sione Lousi

17 Ben Matulino

18 Kevin Locke

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List

2. Far Away Fan
    Join:

Far Away Fan Guest

Great team! :)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  3. eudebrito
    Join:
    May 21, 2013

eudebrito |-|

Kevin Locke should have (pending integrity unit investigation) after his name. Like the bench, see who starts on the day.

4. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE Warriors 1st Grader

Fish and Fusitua injured - we would be very short of wingers in Manu ever did move to the forwards (Laumape is a natural centre in my opinion.)

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  5. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Really pleased to see Sione Lousi return... that is a powerful bench.

Gutted to see the Havili to hooker hope dashed after his excellent Kiwis debut.

Ben Matulino will be playing in the props again by the look of that bench.

Pleased to see Hurrell retained despite his silly goings-on.

Unclear what the deal is with Locke... for me he is wing / fullback depth or not playing.

Overall, I have mixed feelings with this line up.

• List
  6. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Laumape is not the only one who likes Konrad inside him.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  7. Gizzyfan
    Join:
    Jan 2, 2013

Gizzyfan 1st Grade Fringe

I predict Louisi to drop off the bench.

8. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

got a feeling locke will move to wing, laumape to the centers

Hurrell wont play...... thats my got feeling as it reeks of similarity to the storm game

no hate i want Hurrell in the team but thats what im feeling

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

9. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Shame for Fusitua, he showed some touches of real class in that game against the Storm. Great finishing for the first try and some nice power and speed to push through the line for Johnson's try.

At the moment I'm 50/50 between Locke and Lousi. Wouldn't shock me to see Locke start on the wing, Laumape moved inward and the Hurrell/Benry thing happening again.

Shame for Havilli, but realistically unless he's getting 25-30 minutes in his preferred position he's better off playing 60+ in NSW Cup.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Apus
    Join:
    Sep 6, 2012

Apus 1st Grade Fringe

Strong team. No complaints really. Harsh on Havili, but I like a big bench as much as Hurrell likes getting his knob gobbled.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. Lord Gnome of Howick MBE
    Join:
    Apr 30, 2012

Locke to wing, Laumape to centre, Hurrell to bench?

• List
  12. Tyrael
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Tyrael 1st Grade Fringe

Yeah, I think I'd want Locke in there against Canberra.

Does McMud dislike Havilli?

13. Far Away Fan
    Join:

Far Away Fan Guest

Me too, thou probably not to the same extent. I'd have preferred Matulino to be in the second row, too. I'd also have preferred it if Havili were given a good chance at hooker, but that isn't going to happen for a while, it seems, and they seem to have worked out how to handle every team aiming everyone at Friend. And also, it's a shame that Fusitua can't be there.

But it's *still* a great team.

• List
  14. Marshthedarsh
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Marshthedarsh 1st Grade Fringe

Locke won't be 18th man that's a given.

Gameday we'll probably see something like: Hurrell to bench, Laumape to Centre, Locke to wing. Then Benry to 2nd row, Hurrell to centre Any combination of those. Unless Locke is going to "spell" Friend at Lock :banghead:

So I'm assuming we still have the centre numbers the wrong way round, meaning Hurrell with Manu?

15. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

also with no Havilli does that mean we will see Ben Henry used as a second dummy half after the kiwi test?

16. pompower
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

pompower 1st Grade Fringe

Good call on Hurrell staying in. Lousi deserves return but harsh on Siliva after his Kiwis performance. Would prefer Matulino in the second row as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Locke came into the side at wing (or wherever), with someone dropping off the bench. Not like McFadden's never called an audible before and it's kinda weird having him as 18th man when Ngani did so well at centre last week. Hurrell perhaps not in the clear yet then?

17. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

The 'gos' i'd heard through the day is Locke has been brought in as wing cover in case the NRL decides Konrad can't play in which case Laumape will move back to centre.

I've also heard that one of the bench forwards may be dropped to make way for a 'surprise' selection/return for a player not named at the moment because of injury. At least this player won't be posting pictures of the himself flying across the Tasman to ruin the surprise!

• List
  18. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

• List
  19. Magic Stick
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Magic Stick 1st Grade Fringe

Just would rather see Laumape at center....otherwise a predictable squad

20. t-wade23
    Join:
    Jun 7, 2012

t-wade23 1st Grade Fringe

Good looking team looks the goods defense may be a bit iffy but with this line up we can score some points

Unfortunately i think Hurrell will drop out the NRL will have to force its hand and suspend him not because of the act just the overall timing of the incident Proberly Locke to Wing and Ngani to centre then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.