Post Match NRL 2014 - Round 10 vs Bulldogs Post-Match and Player Ratings

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by ToiletDuck, May 18, 2014.

1. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014

2. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

I think we got outplayed from the bench.

Theirs was outstanding, ours was pretty horrible.

We really need another decent prop.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  3. Matulino's Left Shoulder
    Join:
    Jul 22, 2012

Matulino's Left Shoulder 1st Grade Fringe

Can we play at home now ?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  4. sydneywarrior92
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

sydneywarrior92 1st Grade Fringe

I hope the boys soak in this feeling so they know how awful they feel, so that for the rest of the year they will never have to feel like this again

5. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Well I expected the Bulldogs to take it in a close one, so wasn't much of a surprise to me. Pity we blew one very good chance to win it, and a second chance just before full time. Individual errors, same deal as usual. Well played by a number of individuals for most of the game though.
    Well done Doggies

Same as last time, bringing the Klemmernaut into the game late to soak up our energy and make easy metres; great use of the bench.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

I think that about sums it up. Can't play against a dominant forward orientated team with only two forwards on the bench.

• List
  7. jsmooove
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

jsmooove 1st Grade Fringe

brave effort but that one really hurts.

their forwards dominated us. whens sam rapria back?

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Inappropriate Inappropriate x 1
    • List
  8. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

Some very soft questionable penalties helped the Doogs immensely but the errors were the major factor,
    a heap of positives come out of that game though alas I concur with the bench sentiments.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List

9. Gen. Melchett
    Join:
    May 6, 2014

Gen. Melchett NSW Cup Player

Great effort all round, but im sure if Johnson had passed that ball to Tomkins he would have scored, morris was not blocking early in that play Tomkins was screaming for it!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  10. facefacts
    Join:
    Apr 26, 2012

facefacts 1st Grade Fringe

Elliots press conference will be interesting, or was it Bluey...who's the coach again because the team still plays the same.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Offtopic Offtopic x 1
    • List
  11. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

What do you mean? Despite an overall respectable effort, the same BS errors from the same individuals costing us any chance of dominating early in the game, coming right with 20 to go and just failing at the last hurdle with more dumb errors? Because if so, I agree. Probably due to get thrashed next week

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 6
    • List
  12. Fazz
    Join:
    Apr 12, 2012

Fazz 1st Grade Fringe

Untrue. Under the old coaches it probably would have been a 30 point thrashing or a soft 34-28 loss. A gutsy (though skill deficit) loss like this is infinitely better, though still rubbish.

In the end, this is a game with more positives than negatives imo. We hung in there and came very close to stealing it twice. Defence in general was much improved and the team didn't seem to give up. We simply lost because to the better team because where they rarely made a mistake, we consistently dropped it or conceded penalties. I think the fact that we were in that game up until the very last play is a positive. So is the way we only allowed The Dogs three tries. I'm also fairly happy with the form of our starting 13, backs included.

Not so stoked over the bench. Mateo, FUCKING MATEO, was the only one to offer anything of value this week. Seb, Locke and Lousi were utterly useless. Locke because he barely played, Lousi and Seb because they made barely any metres in attack and kept dropping it. I think a bit of a reshuffle is in order. Hopefully Sammy Raps to come back in and maybe Havilli for Locke.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 11
    • List
  13. Marshthedarsh
    Join:
    Aug 12, 2012

Marshthedarsh 1st Grade Fringe

Bugger. All I got to say.

It'd have been awesome if that penalty kick today came back to bite them it the bollocks - but alas we couldn't close it out. I'm sure the Kennel is going off with cockiness - but I don't see the benefit in looking.

Fair play, we were certainly outplayed today. No real shame in losing to a team that's won 6 straight and is top of the table.

The NRL is very close this year. It's a heartbreaking loss - but there'll be many more to come.

Good signs: Cappy's team has lost by 1, 10, and 4. That's 5 points a game. Not too shabby. Cut down the silly errors and penalties and we're sweet. Considering how we played, limiting them to just 3 tries was a pretty good defensive effort. Also, SJ's back in the swing with his kicking.

• List
  14. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Five weeks straight , much improved Warriors.
    Pretty pleased overall even with a loss if this keeps up.....we'll be there or thereabouts this year.

I thought We lost our shape on attack with Feleti out there.

The thing I'm most pleased with is the Dogs had enough ball to win three games , wicked defence these days for us.

When we kept giving the Dogs the ball we all knew we would lose the game.....it was like going back to square one with the hearty losses over the Dragons 2.0 and the Dogs last time.

Great to see a Warriors team get their fight back in that scenario.

Next step is winning more than we lose.

Little lesson there for Johnson pass the ball and win the game.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 7
    • List
  15. PolarBob
    Join:
    Apr 8, 2012

PolarBob #000000

Not from what I'm seeing. As repettive as the errors were, it's streets better.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 8
    • List
  16. Danpatmac
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Danpatmac Warriors 1st Grader

Mateo and Lousi were their old selves... we are just not big and strong enough up front.

My m.o.m.

3. Lillyman
    2. Laumape
    1. Bukuya

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  17. willemse
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2014

willemse Warriors Bench Player

Well played. Man feleti gives me a heart attack when he touches the ball. He carries it way too loosely.

• List
  18. henry6606
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2013

henry6606 1st Grade Fringe

Missed The game any Players need Dropping well i mean who were the worst 2 or 3

19. Afakasi247
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2014

Afakasi247 1st Grade Fringe

Bulldogs controlled the game and had us where they wanted us. Just wish we could have a team smart enough to control a game instead of being put on a leash like lil bitches.

The bulldogs don't have the flash and ability to give everybody a show, they just play hard nosed footy, they play tough and control the tempo like champions

We were our own worst enemies at times. Townsend was bought to bring composure and structure in the halves, which I didn't see, though I'm not sure Leuluai would be any better in that regard anyway.

Should have just tried to wear out the big bulldogs pack much earlier than during the last 10 mins of the game. They scored once through Henry, and both SJ and Manu could have scored to seal the game if a) SJ passed inside to Tomkins earlier and b) Mannering could recreate some Tomkins magic from last week with the pass on to Manu.

Too many what ifs for this game but considering the error count, missed tackles and penalty discrepancy, to get within 4 shows growth in the character of this team.

We need the W's though. This was our game to lose and, just like the Bulldogs planned, we lost due to our own crumbling under their pressure.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List
  20. motu1
    Join:
    May 20, 2012

motu1 1st Grade Fringe

lousi
    mateo
    locke

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List