Team List NRL 2014 - Round 18 vs Eels Team List and Pre Match Discussion

Discussion in 'General Warriors Discussion' started by Hitman82, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman82
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

Hitman82 1st Grade Fringe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014

2. InsideBall
    Join:
    Oct 24, 2012

InsideBall Warriors 1st Grader

Sam Rapira injured? Dang.

Not exactly the team I wanted to see, to be honest.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 5
    • List
  3. Tedster
    Join:
    Jun 29, 2014

Tedster 1st Grade Fringe

Same feeling - disappointed Neilson is there again but happy Matulino is back.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 3
    • List
  4. ramps
    Join:
    May 2, 2013

ramps 1st Grade Fringe

happy with all bar Dane Nielsen. last week I feel he stunted our attack at times. his defense wasn't to the standard everyone seems to talk about. I feel he isn't any better than laumape, Ben Henry, peyroux, etc. why not give the center position to henry while laumape is out and bring on a big bopper to hurt them up the middle. surely mutts wont be back to full fitness so he may not be at his damaging best and we need some good go forwards considering Lillyman will be stuffed after origin, rapiras out, Gubb and matagi are good fill ins but wont smash the eels the way we want them to. another forward like paasi, faitala-mariner, palavi, Vete could do a job for us which would possibly be more of a bonus than having Nielsen out there just filling a gap

5. Paleaaesina2the20
    Join:
    Feb 6, 2013

Paleaaesina2the20 1st Grade Fringe

Rapira's injury is really starting to worry me. We are lean at prop as it is, I remember a while ago hearing that his back injury has caused problems in his legs and feet as well which is not good. Matulino may be destined to play the rest of the season at prop. Gubb now is the time to step up or you are destined to be 18th man.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 4
    • List
  6. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

I think, that with Raps not available, AM didn't have the choice of being able to move Benry to centre in place of Nielsen. Benry is still sore and, from what I've heard, RF-M has been brought in as cover for him.

7. The Truth
    Join:
    Jun 17, 2013

The Truth 1st Grade Fringe

Neilson was ok last game but I'm worried the eels will target him. I watched him carefully on defence and his initial reaction is to rush up when the ball looks like it's coming wide which was our plan for the last 3 coaches. The other players all rush back and slide wide while bringing Mannering and Bukuya with them now.
    This defence structure since Cappy came in is working wonders for our edge defence but Neilson is still unsure of it. The panthers took advantage of it once and cut through the staggered line. Luckily it didn't lead to a try but I'm sure if Hayne backs up, he will exploit it to the max.

I would prefer Henry there but it is what it is. Game on.

8. Jordan G
    Join:

Jordan G Guest

Rapira out, Henry under an injury cloud. Little concerning.

The Eels concern me a bit. They have some big boys who like to offload and when we struggle it's usually against those style of players.

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 1
    • List

9. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Meh Nielsen was never going to be dropped after a solid showing against the Panthers.

Sammy Raps is starting to worry me. Seems such a long time ago now he was rated right up there in the top echelon of props with probably the quickest play the ball in the game. With all those injuries it's hard to see him ever hit those heights again.

• List
  10. Sebastian
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2012

Sebastian 1st Grade Fringe

No Manu Mau? No Nathan Peats? Possibly no Hayne? I LIKE them apples!

• Like/Agree Like/Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

Nielson was good enough in the Storms eyes to play several seasons concurrently.

So...they saw the best and worst of him. The worst of Dane in their colours was mitigated by the quality of his team mates.

Well you can hardly blame Cappy for expecting that same matrix here.

Plus you got a four year veteran of the Storm so a five year _+ NRL player versus a greenhorn who when given his chance spear tackled someone.....so......

12. Paleaaesina2the20
    Join:
    Feb 6, 2013

Seeing that both the Lousi bros have been named to start at prop in the NSW Cup, this is definitely a move by the coaching staff to try and find someone else to push Gubb/ replace Rapira in the coming weeks. Would be good for one of those boys to start finding some form and provide late season impact.

• List
  13. Paleaaesina2the20
    Join:
    Feb 6, 2013

I will believe no Hayne when the flight arrives. Otherwise that is a very inexperienced starting forward pack...

Eels
    1 Chris Sandow
    2 Semi Radradra
    3 Ryan Morgan
    4 Willie Tonga (c)
    5 Vai Toutai
    6 Corey Norman
    7 Luke Kelly
    8 Darcy Lussick
    9 Isaac De Gois
    10 Junior Paulo
    11 David Gower
    12 Pauli Pauli
    13 Joseph Paulo

Interchange
    14 Fuifui Moimoi
    15 Mitch Allgood
    16 Peni Terepo
    17 Ken Sio

Coach: Brad Arthur

• List
  14. ¿N. ig-mah¿
    Join:
    May 1, 2012

¿N. ig-mah¿ Warriors 1st Grader

It is now imperative that we find a hulking prop, and fast. Sam Rapira is too small now, and is too injury prone. I like his workrate, but unfortunately for him our needs outweigh what he can do in limited games. We are probably 2 props short these days. I don't see Gubb being genuine first grade material. He is simply desperation depth. The Lousi's are also not able to offer us enough games to be a real options. We have to throw out some big money offers on everything that is large and moves.

I have been thinking it for a while, but it might be needed sooner rather than later. Mannering needs to try to replicate Steve Price. I think we need him in the middle, and I don't think he will disappoint.

Matulino is going to have to revert to prop to fill the void, and he will need to play big minutes, because Lillyman can't do it alone.

• List
  15. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Walk Them Out

I am more worried about the weather than anything else. If we get reasonable weather and can hang on to the ball we should destroy this Eels side.

Certainly agree with most other comments that we need a big prop or two...

• List
  16. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

The problem is that we have two short props ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. stacky18
    Join:
    Aug 14, 2013

stacky18 1st Grade Fringe

We are deserved favourites this week and we should smash the Eels, but the unpredictably of the Eels is what concerns me. All year off loads have killed us. The defense we use can not handle off loads.
    To win we have to wrap up the ball carrier and put him down on the ground. For this reason Mannering has to defend in the middle when Mateo is on the field, just like the second half last week.
    I'm Hoping for a more complete performance this week, our discipline was very poor in the first half last week, and the wheels again fell off in the second quarter.
    I want to see us put in for a full 80 and stop the shirt grabs!

18. henry6606
    Join:
    Aug 24, 2013

henry6606 1st Grade Fringe

Exactly A Few Seasons Ago Have to be a Blind Man to Know hes Not Up Too The Mark Now and wouldn't make any other NRL Team
    Maybe you should get on His Back when hes lets tries in during the season and Off Manus about maybe coulda been another two points with SJ'S Miss

19. unclesteve
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

unclesteve 1st Grade Fringe

Hayne has not been named which is good for us but bad for my fantasy team! Sandow at FB, a fair bit of inexperience in the pack.....I like our chances, Gubb aside, its a great bench.
    Hopefully Mutts is fully fit and not being rushed back. I like having this starting backrow to absorb the first 20 defensively with Mateo and Mutts bought on to hopefully create some havoc. Nielson had his introduction back last week and anything less than great this week and his career may well be in the dogbox, time to prove something dude.
    Warriors 13+

20. Boats n Hoes
    Join:
    May 14, 2012

Boats n Hoes 1st Grade Fringe

Radradra v Vatuvei round 2!

1st round clear points decision Radradra. This time???

Should be a beaut.

• List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.